Indirect Arty
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Indirect Arty Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:36 pm
    —
I am trying to figure out how to get an self propelled gun work correctly as an indirect fire weapon.

Firstly it appears you have to classify the gun as a mortar, and all the ammunition has to be indirect (any direct ammo gives a return can't see if you don't have line of sight), however if you give the fire animation sequence -1 you do not get any fire sequence like you would if it were the main gun of a tank. Any suggested work around? The best I can do now is classify it as a rifle in the fire animation sequence.

#2: Re: Indirect Arty Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm
    —
Have a look at the Nebelwerfer mod for classic CC5. Maybe that will shed some clues..

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=409

#3: Re: Indirect Arty Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:16 pm
    —
Just have it indirect - no need to be mortar.

#4: Re: Indirect Arty Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 pm
    —
Not to be rude but isn't that over stretching? SPG's usually fire over a pretty long distance. Not within the ranges available to the cc5 engine. Maybe it would be usuable in a ccm mod but other than that...

If you would like to have an SPG in your mod you might wanna have a look at RSR mod it has 2 man FOB teams wich had m109 and AS90 to its availabillity  ;)

CHeers Buck

#5: Re: Indirect Arty Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 am
    —
This is for ccmt:

@ Dima if I classify it as a towed gun it will fire indirect but only if it has LOS.

@Buck it is for ccmt

Sexton Troop.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  243.31 KB
 Viewed:  5003 Time(s)

Sexton Troop.jpg

#6: Re: Indirect Arty Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:55 am
    —
Another interesting aspect of indirect fire, is that if I set base accuracy to 511 and range pb to 6000m, as the distance increases the acuracy drops off greatly such that at 4000m there is a spread of shot over hundreds of meters. My desired effect would be having the shot fall with a spread of about 40m.

With mortars, as I can use no other method so simulate this, if you use a clip of say 5 rounds and a long time to reload clip to simulate the time to call the fire for HE it works fine, but for smoke each round takes as long as a clip to reload. This appears to have been a bug since CC3. I say bug, as I cannot see any reason to deliberately do this.

My emulation of field artillery will be less than perfect.

#7: Re: Indirect Arty Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:26 am
    —
Well, I have settled on using a 'seperate' weapon for the smoke. In effect my Sexton will have 2x25 prs. One fires only smoke the other HE. The HE has a 5 round clip with a minute reload clip time sort of equivalent of a typical fire mission 'five rounds fire for effect!', the smoke version has a clip of 1 rnd with small reload clip time. Works OK providing nearly the desired effect.

I can't resolve accuracy issues, and I can't resolve the fire animation issue. Nice to see a troop of Sexton's doing their stuff. A good infantry killer if standing, reasonable if they are prone as you might expect.

#8: Re: Indirect Arty Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:50 am
    —
I will also implement OP tanks. That were armed with a dummy main gun, and a radio to the Bty CP. They will be able to call Arty, but only with LOS. I wonder if I can get a 90s delay or so, between caling the mission and the shells hitting the ground. If I remember correctly the chance of a hit is calculated at the time of firing not at the time after the 'time to fire' would could make it silly.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1