New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:08 am
    —
The Ground Tactics mod for WaR is an attempt to better simulate military tactics used by ground forces in Normandy. The team of AT_Stalky, Dima, Pzt_Kanov, squadleader_id and davidssfx have worked a miracle and brought Normandy fighting to CC:WaR. Using the Vehicle graphics from the Gold-Juno-Sword mod and parts of tLD they have reworked the data, Graphics and maps to bring WaR users a heightened CC experience.

See the Readme for more details.

Please report any errors/bugs/problems in this thread.

Get it here:   http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

Thanks for the great effort guys!

Last edited by schrecken on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 am
    —
Hi schrecken,
Thanks for converting it to WaR Smile

#3: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:59 pm
    —
Nice, Shreckie!
BTW, with the latest (beta) patches installed...data and graphics are now basically the same for both WAR and TLD, right?
Too bad converting mods will a bit more complicated for LSA Sad

#4: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:10 am
    —
From original retail release of WaR to Patch 10b and tLD

1. just extend the fpools.txt out to 25 place holders.

2. open tLD CCImages/gamegadgerts/screengadgets and copy WaR gadgets over the top.

3. A very little graphic work needed on BG screen to finish off.

4. expand campaign.txt with required options from tLD

#5: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:51 pm
    —
Could there be in theory a mod for TLD that used the features of LSA? I think it would be a matter of swapping executables and accommodating the files accordingly, that way all version could benefit from the same features.

#6: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:59 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Could there be in theory a mod for TLD that used the features of LSA? I think it would be a matter of swapping executables and accommodating the files accordingly, that way all version could benefit from the same features.

LSA is a different beast AFAIK.
The FP table is still a mystery...then there's the recalculated values in the elements file.
The promised LSA workbook is also still hidden away in the Dev's locker Smile

#7: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:11 pm
    —
but they're still .txt files right? they could be accommodated with some work I think

#8: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 pm
    —
Quote:
think it would be a matter of swapping executables

Then you're talking about a mod of LSA

#9: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:13 pm
    —
xe5 has explained most of fpools.txt over at matrix forums

#10: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:14 pm
    —
yeah but what if I don't buy LSA but download a tLD mod using the LSA exe? I think that's wrong but I don't know.

#11: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 pm
    —
you need an LSA serial to activate your game.

tLD serials won't work for a LSA exe

#12: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:38 pm
    —
US AB 60mm mortar has Artillery sound?

#13: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:01 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
US AB 60mm mortar has Artillery sound?

What do you mean?
In battle...or in the BG screens (when you click the weapon icons)?

#14: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 am
    —
In battle... you hear the shot passing overhead.

BG screen sounds fine.

Same in tLD for tLD

#15: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:42 am
    —
OK...noted, Shreck...
Sounds in GT is David's department...but he's taking time off modding for a bit.

#16: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:45 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

then there's the recalculated values in the elements file.

Ya the calculations that were changed that made it a requirement to edit the element data will cause a problem....

#17: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:50 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

then there's the recalculated values in the elements file.

Ya the calculations that were changed that made it a requirement to edit the element data will cause a problem....

Unless S3T releases a workbook with formulas for the new values...or better yet...release a template elements file with all the element types needed for mod conversions (and new mods).
IIRC...weapons values and ranges are also slightly tweaked for LSA?

Last edited by squadleader_id on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

#18: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:12 am
    —
David are you going to be updating the GT version for WaR?

#19: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:31 am
    —
In battle... you hear the shot passing overhead.

BG screen sounds fine.

Same in tLD for tLD

Hi,
60mm and above mortars (including mortar barrage), use a certain size explosion/crater graphic ... which has one specific sound associated to it.
The sound you hear is a real life mortar round ... a split second before it hits and then the explosion/impact.
So, basically ... the sound an incoming shell makes just before impact and its related explosion on impact.

Other Gun HE shells use the same impact/explosion sound too, but it's less noticeable when following the Gun firing sound.
note: a good ear can tell the difference between AP and HE rounds

I like the sound, but it can be changed sometime in the future if some don't like it.

Last edited by davidssfx on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total

#20: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
David are you going to be updating the GT version for WaR?

Hi,
Ground Tactics 1.6 (latest version) was converted for use with WaR by schrecken ... any future version would be applicable to both CC versions (TLD, WaR).
I'm not sure if this is what your question is referring to ... unless there is something wrong with the way it works now in WaR. I don't own WaR ... so am unable to comment on its conversion results.

#21: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:39 am
    —
Mooxe... this was ported to WaR with permission from david  Wink

#22: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:10 am
    —
Here's what I am thinking. Do I add it to CCS? I am thinking not because the original will move on past 1.6 and the WaR version will lag behind or not get updated at all. Theres tons of CC downloads, where is the line drawn as to how many converted mods get hosted? Too many converted mods becomes a problem with version numbers and bugs and 3rd parties actually doing the conversions. Is this way of doing things sustainable? Or will it end up just polluting the downloads area?

#23: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:18 am
    —
all owners of WaR that haven't bought tLD would say add it to CCs

much as Winter War is on cc4 and Cc5  or dieppe cc2 and cc3

#24: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 pm
    —
Wait untill WAR gets patched again.
Look at Firefox's AAO Mod that will not work with the last patch.

#25: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:48 pm
    —
you're out of step michael.

This has been upgraded to patch status.

Firefox has not upgraded his mod.... maybe you should ask him to do it?

Also Bloody Omaha has been upgraded to patch status.

#26: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 pm
    —
I understand the Mod works now with the current patch.
But what happens to the Mods if WAR gets another patch?
That's where I'm going.

Not gonna ask Firefox to upgrade his mod,mine is coming along nicely minus the Air Support problem.
Until now it never really bothered me to download,re-download,re-re-download Mods.
But now that I am forced to have limited downloads and dial-up connections it really pisses me off to have to download another 450MB.

#27: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:55 am
    —
You seem to be stating a case for an upgrade patch then - a smaller download that will update your mod.

#28: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 pm
    —
small problem  Confused
DL Ground Tactics and got this...........
invalidnumber of entries in file matrix games\W A R \GROUND TACTICS\DATA\BASE\VEHICLES.TXT.
???????????

#29: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:53 pm
    —
Are you running the Patch 4.5.10b for WaR?

#30: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm
    —
if i run that patch i cant run the other mods?

#31: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:43 pm
    —
all owners of WaR that haven't bought tLD would say add it to CCs

much as Winter War is on cc4 and Cc5  or dieppe cc2 and cc3

Yes. But those mods are finalized and so are the CC versions they run on. I think I'll discontinue adding any conversions until the patches are sorted out and mods are finalized.

#32: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm
    —
so GT for tlD will be removed?

Utah for tLD

Nutz

#33: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:40 pm
    —
No, GT was originally meant for TLD. I wont be adding any new conversion mods until the platform they are meant for is done patching.

#34: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 pm
    —
You have Utah Contentin for tLD and WaR

it  was originally made for WaR

tLD hasn't finished being patched.

you are not hosting Bloody Omaha for WaR which it was made for.

Arbitrary and nonsensical decisions going on mooxe... what's up?

Sure you don't work for S3T?

#35: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:45 pm
    —
hmmm...

maybe membership here should be made private.

Then only mods you play mooxe would need to be hosted.

#36: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 am
    —
GT 1.6 is already hosted at Matrix ... so it doesn't really matter if it's hosted here.

Besides that ... Close Combat is an unusually complicated game regarding update patches and mods. This is obviously due to the many versions that have been produced and the feature improvements which have evolved with each progression.
You would think the best solution would be to have all mods eventually function on one final version on CC, but since some mods were made with earlier versions ... they are not compatible with features on the latest version, and require much effort to have them made compatible.
Add to this the ongoing release of patches ... which require most mods to be updated, even for the version they were created for.
Nevertheless, it seems work is being done to get as many mods available ... running on different versions. You could argue, this is preferable for people who have bought these CC titles.
There is confusion and problems sorting out what works with what ... and what mods will get updated to the latest patch. Some will obviously only work on certain patch versions, due to mod creators who don't update their mods to the latest patch.

Although this may seem frustrating, time consuming and somewhat complicated to keep organized and up to date ... there are new game models that follow a constant update process similar to what is happening in some CC mods and CC patches ... but of course with much more ease and efficiency.
Take Iracing for example ... they have an update every few months which requires all users to update their software. The game is constantly being improved with better features and content. This allows developers to get their playable (but unfinished software) out to players who look forward to the next update. This puts money in their pocket, which is used to advance their product and gain more customers. The alternative would be to wait for years for a completed version to be released ... which in some cases would never happen, due to the huge cost of development while no money is coming in.

So I don't think it's a bad idea to release mods in stages and/or keep updating CC versions ... as long as things get better, and there is continued interest in the game.

Last edited by davidssfx on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total

#37: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am
    —
Thanks davidssfx

This is a very similar model that was going to be followed from WaR onward.

The plan was to eventually have one CC with different options activated depending on what version you purchased... all options being available to modders and allowing all mods to be interoperable.

This has, obviously, changed whether by plan or by accident.

But the latest innovations and mods deserve to be made available where possible to fans of the game.... the dogs breakfast of broken releases as well as patches/beta patches and updates over the last 18 months that are as likely to break the game as move it forward (WaR  - broken maps, tLD broken German strat AI), no withstanding.

#38: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:13 am
    —
Mods converted from one re-release to the next will not be hosted until 1 - the mod is finalized for the original platform and converted to a 2 - a finalized CC platform. Adding all the conversion mods before platforms and mods are finalized only pollutes the downloads, makes more work, makes people restart campaigns and confuses the hell out of people.

This thread is a great example of confusion. Bloody Omaha originally made for CC5. Now converted to WaR and TLD. The TLD version is here but shrecken is saying, "you are not hosting Bloody Omaha for WaR which it was made for." A converted mod can't be paltform specific it its converted to two platforms or more. So now Bloody Omaha is a mod originally made for CC5, converted to WaR first, then converted to TLD? And now theres a beta patch for WaR version of Bloody Omaha for people using the WaR beta patch, in effect, two versions of BO, one for each version of WaR. There is also a patch coming out for TLD. Is anyone confused, will anyone get confused? I am not saying other people can't or even recommending other people not host them. This message is just FYI to all the users out there that CCS is only going to host finalized conversion mods.

Converting these mods to every CC platform will not generate any type of sustainable interest in playing the rereleases. ---because--- The beta versions and constant updating of the conversion mods will only confuse them. Think of a new person, going to a website where there are even just a couple versions of one product, will they be turned away or engaged by what they have to learn?  WaR, TLD and LSA have the best way to installing mods. It was finally made wayyyy easier and now understanding what you install may be getting more complicated!

Mod released or updated for thier original platforms will always be maintained here.

#39: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:23 am
    —
tLD is in beta patch so it is not finalized and yet you are hosting mods that are not finalized.

So what is your arguiment again?

#40: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:44 am
    —
Summary for anyone reading.

No more conversion mods to this website until the mod and platform are finalized.

Any conversion mods already added are grandfathered in, Der Fuhrers new rule will not apply to them.

To download mods which were originally made for Invasion Normandy and converted to the original version of WaR and the patched beta version as well as TLD and its patched beta version and probably LSA after its patched, go to http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/. You can also download mods which were created for the rereleases (known as zombies from here on) and then converted to other zombies and their beta patched versions. Good luck!

Last edited by mooxe on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

#41: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:56 am
    —
LOL

I love it...

#42: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:56 am
    —
Why not spend your time completely upgrading and fixing the re-releases BEFORE spending your time on converting mods.

B.O. and Firefox's AAO Mods for WAR were perfect examples of how it becomes too confusing and very discouraging to have to constantly upgrade/download.

#43: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 am
    —
I suggest that you include a "warning note" about compatibility issues and what versions they were originally made for for those converted mods, Shreckie...
Also...isn't there a way to have separate mod installers for just the mod maps and mod data?
I hate downloading twice the same 300-400MB worth of BO maps...just so that I can try both the WAR and TLD versions  Rolling Eyes
Actually...I already have those BO maps from the CC5 mod...I only need the updated BTDs for WAR/TLD.

Last edited by squadleader_id on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

#44: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:21 am
    —
It is your site Mooxe...

It is too bad the re-releases have taken so long to get to where they are but they are still the best versions of CC to play Bloody Omaha on now regardless if it is on a beta patch version or not....

#45: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
It is your site Mooxe...

It is too bad the re-releases have taken so long to get to where they are but they are still the best versions of CC to play Bloody Omaha on now regardless if it is on a beta patch version or not....

I disagree!
I prefer to play BO (or any CC4-CC5 mod) for CC5 with the glorious full screen menus  Wink
Also the CC5 "difflevel registry edit" brings the AI and gameplay very close to WAR/TLD anyways...the only major thing missing are night battles.

#46: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:56 am
    —
Quote:
Why not spend your time completely upgrading and fixing the re-releases BEFORE spending your time on converting mods.

why don't you instead of crying all the time?

BTW... I have already spent time doing this and Patches that didn't break the game have been ready since April 2009... S3T/Matrix said they are not interested.

Last edited by schrecken on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#47: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 am
    —
Quote:
Also...isn't there a way to have separate mod installers for just the mod maps and mod data?

there could be if somebody asked for them.

There's a great project for you... I've done the hard work, you're part will be easy.

#48: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 am
    —
Quote:
B.O. and Firefox's AAO Mods for WAR were perfect examples of how it becomes too confusing and very discouraging to have to constantly upgrade/download.

Couldn't be much simpler.

Just ask yourself ... "Have I installed the 4.5.10b patch for WaR.

Answer = YES

Download and Install your choice of

Bloody Omaha 10b BETA patch version

Ground Tactics Mod for WaR

Answer = No

Download and install your choice of

Utah-Cotentin
Bloody Omaha
nutz
Less Panthers
Locked BG's
A Bridge too far
Ardennes Offensive VetBoB

#49: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:11 am
    —
I believe Nutz and Less Panthers can easily be upgraded by simply expanding the fpools.txt to 25 placeholder slots.

Bloody Omaha and Ground tactics took less than an hour to convert to the updated 4.5.10b patch from stock WaR as they also needed some graphics changes.

#50: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:51 am
    —
Quote:

why don't you instead of crying all the time?

Your the one who put yourself in this position,not me.
I've done more than my fair share of reporting bugs for WAR.

Why don't you you guys stop with the Attention Deficit Disorder of producing crap and all get on the same page.
You got 3 games that play like crap,and now you want to include the Mods with them.

#51: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:39 am
    —
I can agree with the general sentiment... but I don't like being lumped in to the"you guys" basket.

"They" won't listen to me, hence the dog's breakfast... nyuk nyuk nyuk

All, i can do is spend what time I have on keep quality mods rollin on irrespective of the underlying game base.

My hope is that one day a management shakeup will sort things out.... as I said two years ago there was a plan... since then, IMHO, a balls up.

#52: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 pm
    —
Well I'm sorry Schrecken but you do fall in the category of "you guys" .
You don't see anyone else replying to the re-releases from the core of people working on it,with the exception of tejszd (sometimes)
And unfortunately right or wrong,he too falls in that category.I believe he is sometimes better recieved because he does take a consumers side a little bit more often then you.

Crap may be a hard word to use,but after awhile there's no other way to describe it.
I don't see any member from Matrix posting on the WAR forums.
I don't see anyone from Matrix keeping people up to date with patch's.
And I don't see anyone from Matrix replying here at CCS,this is the largest fan site for CC.

It's You and You,therefore You get to bear the weight of our unhappiness.

I see no reason to expect people to download a converted Mod,only to have to re-download it again.
Unless you can find a way to make the update easily to download and install,AND keep the forums simple and easy to find when a Mod is updated.

#53: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm
    —
Quote:
I don't see any member from Matrix posting on the WAR forums.

I can't help that.

Quote:
I see no reason to expect people to download a converted Mod,only to have to re-download it again.

i don't expect anyone to do anything... except whine

Last edited by schrecken on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

#54: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:29 pm
    —
Although schrecken can't control the quality of releases and/or patches ... he is making more content available to more versions.
Depends what you want ... less on your plate or more, more variety or less?

#55: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 pm
    —
Can't understand the resistance to having a check box for the menu screens to be full or partial myself either squadleader_id Rolling Eyes

#56: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 pm
    —
It would be nice to get TLD/WAR to a final stable state. I have been playing Meuse mod myself on both for a long time but have held off releasing anything since there seems to always be one more patch around the corner.

On the positive side though each patch has fixed more than it has broke (though why anything got broken bugs me too). On top of that the last WAR patch made it possible for a mod to be written that runs on both WAR and TLD which is a huge win as we didn't WAR to get left behind like CC4 did when CC5 came out.

Plus there might be a chance to get the LSA path finding changes in TLD/WAR which if done right should be a big step and one I would accept another round of patches for WAR/TLD to get.... Do you want another patch to get that? You can't have it both ways? They could remain buggy like CC5 and not get new features or they can continue to get patches? What do people want???

#57: Re: New mod - tLD Ground Tactics for WaR Author: Berger PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:32 pm
    —
The Ground Tactics mod for WaR is an attempt to better simulate military tactics used by ground forces in Normandy.

Get it here:   http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

Dead link. Theres another link to download?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1