I can't install CC3 on this pc
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: I can't install CC3 on this pc Author: Rickman PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:34 pm
    —
I have a problem. When I want to install CC3 on the PC of my girlfriend, the install stop when it's time to install the direct x : "Installing directx media. this may take several minutes...". I can wait ten minutes, one hour,two hour, nothing, install = crash. Why, I don't know, can you help me ??

Sorry for my very bad english...l

#2: Re: I can't install CC3 on this pc Author: foggypeake PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:19 pm
    —
I have the exact same problem.  The strange thing is that the game used to work on my machine, but I had to uninstall it.  Now that I want to reinstall it, it won't work, giving me the same message about installing Directx.

Any help would be quite appreciated.  I know just enough to get myself into trouble, so please don't assume anything.

Thank you in advance and please be patient with this noob.

#3: Re: I can't install CC3 on this pc Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:07 am
    —
Try not installing the DirectX that comes with CC3. Its very outdated and your version of windows should have a newer one.

#4: Re: I can't install CC3 on this pc Author: foggypeake PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:27 pm
    —
I tried doing just that, however, installation on my machine is all or nothing.

My apologies for not pointing out that my Dell runs Windows XP and has service pack 3 installed.

#5: Re: I can't install CC3 on this pc Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 pm
    —
Hard to know what the problem is. I have been able to get it working on an XP (sp3) system without any problem at all. Try running the installation EXE with administrator privs.

#6: Re: I can't install CC3 on this pc Author: foggypeake PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm
    —
The other strange thing is that I recently reinstalled CC2 and it works with no problem.

#7: Re: I can't install CC3 on this pc Author: foggypeake PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 pm
    —
SUCCESS!  As recommended, I installed it using the administrator's privileges, and it worked!

Fantastic!  Thank you!

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1