team number limits
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: team number limits Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 am
    —
While there are times I like the 'unavailable' slots when choosing up units, there  are times I want to make an operation or short set of battles withtout this feature.  If I make a h2h scenario I would like to see options on setting how many teams are usable.  Maybe there is a way and I have not found it.  Seems problematic if I play an h2h game and one player can choose 12 teams and another can only choose 6.  Havent played LSA h2h, so maybe this is only present when playing AI....

Anyone know how to adjust this?

#2: Re: team number limits Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:28 am
    —
well, to answer my own question to some degree, looks like the size of the bg affects the number of teams.  Ill just have to make sure I use large sized BG's or stack some smaller bg's to get the correct mixes of units.

#3: Re: team number limits Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:54 am
    —
Well I have tried several ways to increase the open slots for the German forces.  Certainly the slider bar from recruit to elite affects slots but its only a slot or two.

Most of the Guards outfits do not need any help to get 15 slots open.  German forces are almost all 6 or 9 and takes a little effort to get to 12 and major effort to get to 15.

Here is an example.  I put all of the 9th SS bgs and 506 abt on a camp scenario.  each turn I would merge a 9th SS together.  after merging all three 9th SS GB's togehter, I only could get 12 slots vs Guards 15 slots.  It was not until I merged all 3 9th SS and 506 abt together was I able to get usage of all 15 slots for the germans and by then it was point rich and I could field a very nice army that could conceivable crush whatever the British could muster.

From some practical points of view I can see where limiting slots could be a great balancer of forces, but there is no way to really control it directly.  I really like the new features of the Strat map reguarding how retreats work and merging of forces etc, but LSA still needs a way to control slot cound and point count in battles/campaigns other than editing the text files.

#4: Re: team number limits Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 am
    —
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2559885

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1