CCS Hamachi networks closing October 29th
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CCS Hamachi networks closing October 29th Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:36 pm
    —
Gentlemen,

Hamachi has neared the ends of its life for Close Combat. CCS will be shifting to GameRanger for the primary multiplayer venue. Once all bugs with GameRanger connectivity are ironed out, Hamachi will be phased out and the CCS networks closed over the span of approx 45 days. Part of this phase will include an email campaign targetting the entire registered user base of this site.

I encourage you all to visit www.gameranger.com, set up an account and become familair with how to use it.

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:08 am; edited 5 times in total

#2: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: Iron45 PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:19 pm
    —
I used Gameranger for the first and only time a week ago for cc5 and experienced a great deal of lag.  Have others had a similar experience?

#3: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:24 pm
    —
Starting the game from a hosted room is a big step forward ...

Any news yet about mods?

Thanks

#4: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm
    —
At the moment GR can launch mods from all classic versions, it cannot launch mods from the zombies unless you install the mod by overwriting original files. Launching mods for the zombie versions in multiplayer was not something S3T ever intended to have happen. I will speak with GR and see if it can be done.

Personally, I have not noticed any lag while playing people on GR.

#5: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 pm
    —
Great News. Let's fight the good fight.

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

presidentsgr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.09 KB
 Viewed:  10027 Time(s)

presidentsgr.jpg

#6: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:35 am
    —
GameRanger tunnels to the joiner, meaning the standard ports Close Combat uses are not used with GameRanger. I went into my firewall and blocked ports 2300-2400 & 47624 for all UDP and TCP traffic. Just conducted a test with Brake with me hosting a game of COI. He was able to join. This proved GameRanger used its own ports and does not require any firewall configuring.

#7: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:45 am
    —
what is wrong with Hamachi?  Game ranger did not recognize the newer CC versions from matrix about a week ago when I tried it.

#8: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:54 am
    —
They do now, and they auto connect as well. There are a few problems with Vista and Win7 users using the newer versions. XP works fine with all versions. So this message is just a warning things will change. The change will start happening officially when the Vista/Win7 probs are sorted out.

#9: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: Priapus PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 am
    —
How willl we meet prospective players? We need some sort of chat channel. If only BHQ wasn't absolutely useless.

#10: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:53 pm
    —
Gameranger has half a dozen chat rooms. They do not have chat rooms for specific games because they support too many games. The Main Chat Room is a good place to start. We could always gravitate as a group to one of the smaller chat rooms as well. Try The Bar & Grill.

When you host a CC game it can be viewed by anyone from any chat room. You should set up GR so you can view the current hosted games you have installed in your GR main window or you can select Strategy games as an option for example.

My advice is to add friend to everyone you see on Gameranger playing Close Combat. You can add anyone you see on gameranger as a friend. Most players message friends, host or join CC rooms to facilitate a game. You can right click players names to view all versions of the game they have installed.

I have over 100 on my list. Once you build up your friend list it becomes easier to hook up. Until you add a good number of friends it is best to find games by watching what CC games are being hosted or host your own room.

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total

#11: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:16 pm
    —
Also realize that almost every day of my life I have to evict people from Hamachi. These are the guys that do not leave the network properly, they just close Hamachi without leaving, thereby taking up a spot that someone else could use.

#12: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 pm
    —
I agree that hamachi can be a pain when you get the network full as I just got.  However, I have been on game ranger too and it will be more difficult to find prospective players.  Hamachi was much easier to see there were players out there and what they were interested in playing.

#13: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:21 pm
    —
Well theres some give and take. The main selling point is the firewalls and auto connections. GR has proven that you do not need to configure a firewall and will auto connect every version. Prospective players will need to host a game in GR to show themselves. In Hamachi many people just came online and you did not know if they were AFK or in game.

I can make a Close Combat chatroom, but it will dissapear if I leave exit GR.

#14: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:33 pm
    —
btw im getting the room full msg now.  is there offline ppl now?

#15: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 am
    —
RD Priapus.....
what happened to our game the other day??? and where have you been since then?? im on MSN ...so contact me would you.

Mooxe....
so if i read this post correctly, we dont need to change any settings or anything on our PC's to play CC on GR?? is that correct??

thanks
RD Steiner

#16: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:01 am
    —
RD Priapus.....
what happened to our game the other day??? and where have you been since then?? im on MSN ...so contact me would you.

Mooxe....
so if i read this post correctly, we dont need to change any settings or anything on our PC's to play CC on GR?? is that correct??

thanks
RD Steiner

#17: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 am
    —
stiener wrote (View Post):

Mooxe....

thanks
RD Steiner

CORRECT!

REJOICE!!

#18: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:49 am
    —
Did some final testing tonite with US_Brake. There were some bugs prior to my initial post. Everything is 100% now. All versions auto-launch, auto-connect on all versions of Windows XP and beyond.

#19: Re: CCS Hamachi networks closing October 29th Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 am
    —
zombie mods?

#20: Re: CCS Hamachi networks closing October 29th Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 am
    —
Nice  Very Happy
Hope I can play H2H now

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2