Balanced GC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Balanced GC Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:57 pm
    —
What's the recommended difficulty level for each side in order to achieve a balanced h2h GC? Playing with 5.5009b here.

#2: Re: Balanced GC Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:04 pm
    —
Line vs line is historical which should result in the Allies having a just a bit easier time.

If one of you is bit more experienced let that person play the Germans or if evenly matched make the the Germans Green and leave the Allies as Line.

#3: Re: Balanced GC Author: Amgot PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 am
    —
Thanks tejszd! Two more questions if you will:

- is the Ground Tactics mod recommended even for a first GC or is the stock game good enough?

- I wanna play against my brother but so far, I've only bought the game for myself. If I install the game on his computer (using the same serial number), will we be able to play a multiplayer GC or does he have to buy the game too?

Oh and a question just for you tejszd: are you still planning on making Meuse 1940 playable with TLD or is it abandoned? The mod looks amazing but sadly enough, I don't have CCV (other than the version that comes with TLD).

#4: Re: Balanced GC Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:22 am
    —
I have ground tactics but haven't played it. Based on those involved it should improved things. Having said that the original campaign is fun.

The game when playing H2H does not check serial numbers.

Meuse 1940 I have running on both WAR and TLD for my own testing as I'm waiting for both games to get a "final" patch so that there isn't multiple versions of the mod out there....

#5: Re: Balanced GC Author: Amgot PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:54 am
    —
Thanks for all your answers tejszd! The "final patch" you're taking about is the one supposed to fix pathfinding issues for vehicles, right?

About Meuse 1940, will there be any significant differences between the CCV and TLD versions?

#6: Re: Balanced GC Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 am
    —
CHANGES IN V3.5
1) Ported mod to TLD/WAR adding the following TLD features;
- added night (night, 2 turns then supply, 2 turns then supply, 2 turns then supply)
- added historical weather
- adjusted air, artillery and mortar support based on level (Recruit = most to Elite = least)
- added artillery to both sides
- enabled BG retreat feature
- enabled BG redirect feature (French 10% and German 5%)
2) Added French D-2 47mm SA35 and FCM 36 tanks
3) Added German Pz IB tank
4) Added a new French BG
5) Changed/recalculated all tank quantities in both French and German BG's (fpools.txt)
6) Reduced the number of French AT guns

Still might make a few more changes....

#7: Re: Balanced GC Author: Amgot PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:44 am
    —
Sounds great! This will certainly be the first mod I play once I'm done with the stock GC.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1