A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#21: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm
    —
Looks good karlmortar!!!

#22: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:57 pm
    —
The 251/21 had a'right' and a 'wrong' side; -If you weren't German you were on the wrong side!  Cool

Pz.Brigade 107 was one of few German units that could manoeuvre and move during daylight in September '44; -their AA-cover created a no-fly zone for Allied ground attack planes over the entire unit...

#23: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm
    —
I think the british and american soldiers in LSA undertsand what you mean, Woulf! Wink
Unfortunatly it seems I have overpowered the Drilling's gun as it has almost full green pillars on the Antipersonel/distance scale, despite that I used the data from 20mm Quad.

#24: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 pm
    —
First some "on hand" info, have no time to dig the books now, but I will make some soon:

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/p4013coll8&CISOPTR=1955&REC=1

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cgi-bin/showfile.exe?CISOROOT=/p4013coll8&CISOPTR=390&filename=379.pdf#search=%22holland%201944%22

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p4013coll8&CISOPTR=2899&CISOBOX=1&REC=3

If you haven't already, take a look here. There are some of the info you are seeking I'd say:

http://www.pegasusarchive.org/arnhem/frames.htm

#25: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 pm
    —
Also, if you haven't seen this:

http://www.marketgarden.com/2010/UK/frames.html

there is a folding menu on the right, click on the "topics" button and then chose "statistics", and you will get some info on units strengths and equipment.

#26: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: Lt_2nd PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:29 pm
    —
Looking good, nice work

#27: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 pm
    —
funny thing about panthers in LSA, i have decimated the panthers 4 times in 4 grand campaigns, again with new patch last night, and i have lost 1 shermanV,1 firefly and 1 achilles to approx 20 panthers! using artillery, piats, and 2 on 1 attacks, they are always decimated, cant wait to play it H2H though...

#28: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am
    —
Hopefully they willbe more of a challange then.

Thanks for your information kawasaky, good stuff! Very Happy

Small update: Have gone through a few more BGs and finaly added the FJ StuH 42 to the game and to KGr Becker and as well 3 Heer (army) Sdk.Kfz 10/4 to Kgr FURSTENBERG (Not Fuestenberg!).

#29: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:13 pm
    —
I haven't read this paper in full, but there are some info on actual number of soldiers dropped alive and well into combat. However, no firm data on Germans here too, as their records from the period are, in the best case, partial:
http://ia311008.us.archive.org/1/items/AirborneAssaultOnHolland/Airborne_Assault_on_Holland.pdf

#30: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:29 pm
    —
wow, you keep on deliverying amazing information as if it were candy! Shocked
Excellent work! Very Happy

#31: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 am
    —
Time for an update:
All MOBLIE German BGs have been completed, the static ones I haven't quite figured out yet how to add/remove squads.

A few squads has been removed: SS Sd.kfz 250/7, Heer Sd.kfz 250/7, NL 6cm Grw(f), KM 4.5cm PaK (r),  NL 4.5cm PaK (r) ,NL 7.62cm PaK 39 (r), SS 15cm IG, Heer 15cm IG.

These has been replaced with: SS Möbelwagen, Heer möbelwagen, Heer Sd.kfz 10/4,  KM 2cm FlaK, NL 2cm FlaK. FJ 7.62cm PaK 39 (r), FJ StuH42 and Heer Sd.Kfz 251/21 Drilling.

Shortly I'll start to work with the Allied BGs.

#32: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: Priapus PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:34 pm
    —
Is it possible to reduce the accuracy and power of mortars? My ATGs don't last more than a couple of seconds after they get their first shot off. It's my only real gripe with the game at the moment and something that has been consistant throughout the whole series.

#33: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm
    —
I don't know how to do it, but I can ask for help and reduce the accuracy, np Wink

#34: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:20 am
    —
Now that i know how to add more squads (not replacing) I can take back the deleted ones and add the new ones.

And now an update: The British PARA troops has been "historicly" corrected as to the ones in Dima's wonderful TRSM for GJS.
Next up are the British Air Landing troops!  Very Happy

#35: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 am
    —
Now the Airlanding squads are completed, now onto the 1st Independant Polish Airborne Brigade! Very Happy

#36: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:06 pm
    —
Great to hear that you're continuing work with the mod...just shout if you're stuck and need help.
Looking forward to playing LSA with historical touch-ups! Smile

#37: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:14 pm
    —
Karlmortar, if you are still in need of some info I now have a bit of time to get into books, but please be specific about your needs so that I can do a targeted search.

Oh, and I do not vouch that I will be able to accomodate you completely  Wink

#38: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: Andreus PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:10 pm
    —
Karlmortar, are you gonna edit the points cost for each unit?
I mean, using the real numbers for vehicles and men present won't change much, if we're not able to field them for the battle because of low points... It'd need battles like CCV rather than CCII

#39: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 pm
    —
I would love to reduce the cost of units, but how do you do that? Sad

#40: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 pm
    —
Take away their weapons

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3