GJS for tLD
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#221: Re: GJS for tLD Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:27 pm
    —
Below is another coding error on this map: walls are not coded in solid lines.  

Many, many maps have this issue and others.  To some these types of errors may be irrelevant.  To me they are a problem, and they can ruin a dedicated player's experience.  Long ago there were many different map makers and coders in GJS (including me).  Inconsistency ruled.  Doing my best to fix, just takes time.

mapglitch1a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.03 KB
 Viewed:  13752 Time(s)

mapglitch1a.jpg

mapglitch2a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.18 KB
 Viewed:  13752 Time(s)

mapglitch2a.jpg

#222: Re: GJS for tLD Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:39 pm
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Map coding is a huge issue right now.  The number of inconsistencies and errors in map coding from GJS4.4 which have persisted through TRSM  need to be addressed and it takes time.  Since I'm working on the Port-en-Bessin map right now, here are two glaring examples:

Deep water exists where it should not:

What a huge undertaking to correct all that map coding ... it will surely benefit game play.
Thanks Cathartes Smile

#223: Re: GJS for tLD Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:08 pm
    —
Thanks for the update and the necessary fixes.

#224: Re: GJS for tLD Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:55 am
    —
Thanks Cathartes!

#225: Re: GJS for tLD Author: Wittmann81 PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:09 pm
    —
Below is another coding error on this map: walls are not coded in solid lines.  

Just imagine there are open windows in the building or something Smile.

I am probably one of those who do not care that much about these things. I do agree it is annoying when an enemy gun destroys your tank through a solid building. But it is not a game breaker. Strange things happen, both in real war and in CCV.

What I am saying is most people were more than happy with GJS4.4. You making it even better is of course great. But don´t overdo it Smile

#226: Re: GJS for tLD Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 am
    —
Hi Cathartes!  Any more news here?

#227: Re: GJS for tLD Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:55 pm
    —
not dead here, just dormant.  there's a lot going on right now, but I'm still committed to finish.  not allowing myself to buy a new system until this project is out the door.

#228: Re: GJS for tLD Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:12 pm
    —
 not allowing myself to buy a new system until this project is out the door.

that's commintment! thanks!

#229: Re: GJS for tLD Author: bexx76 PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:23 pm
    —
thx for ur work!

#230: Re: GJS for tLD Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 am
    —
Go Cathartes!!

#231: Re: GJS for tLD Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:42 pm
    —
new unit: fixed 50mm PAK.  Easily placed in bunkers.

Last edited by Cathartes on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

50fixed2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.28 KB
 Viewed:  14941 Time(s)

50fixed2.jpg

#232: Re: GJS for tLD Author: bernd_nowak PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:10 pm
    —
Thanks for updating and keeping us in the loop !!!!

#233: Re: GJS for tLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 pm
    —
Thanks for the tidbit Cathartes!

#234: Re: GJS for tLD Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:18 am
    —
Thanks.  I still remember way back when you had to manually install GJS.  There was no config manager to load and swap mods.  What a discovery it was to come across these forums and realize that someone had made these great mods.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  I recently came out of CC hibernation and have dusted off my CCV disc and loaded it onto my new PC.  Looking forward to exploring some of the new stuff out here again.

Keep up the good work.

#235: Re: GJS for tLD Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:28 am
    —
The CC guys are behind you Cathartes...

#236: Re: GJS for tLD Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:01 am
    —
Not being able to place guns in bunkers / buildings is frustrating. I understand not fitting a 88 in a shed, but small AT guns should be easier to place inside under cover - well done

#237: Re: GJS for tLD Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:39 pm
    —
Thanks gang, sorry for the lack of info these days.  Fact is I've been spending a lot of time trying to successfully port GJS over to the LSA engine.  The good and bad news is that it's working--beautifully.  I'm seeing that the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.  

I'm very aware that this is taking a lot of time, and at some point I need to get this nearly-baked mod out for users to further bake them.  Stay tuned for more comprehensive info.

#238: Re: GJS for tLD Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:51 pm
    —
Despite the delay, still good news. LSA has the most advanced engine, hopefully it will get the patches it needs...

I'll stay tuned for more info on GJS for LSA (great thought!).

#239: Re: GJS for tLD Author: Wittmann81 PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 am
    —
So GJS is going to be a mod for LSA and not TLD?

I don´t own LSA and had no intention of buying it, since I think TLD was a disappointment. I had the feeling I bought a game that I already own, but without the mods that makes it great.

But if GJS will be a mod for LSA, I will definitely buy it. I don´t care for the vanilla games. All I want is GJS Smile. So know that your work is really appreciated Cathartes. And I don´t mind if you switch engine.

#240: Re: GJS for tLD Author: ThomasLidstrom PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:06 pm
    —
I agree with Wittmann81, GJS is one of the best mods there is for the CC-game series.
Please let us know your plans, TLD and/or LSA.

But Wittmann81, there are so many other brilliant mods as well.
You should try them all, play both sides, at least twice (use offensive and defensive strategies).

The reason that the CC games still is going strong is partly due to its game engine, and mainly due to all excellent modders that keeps on creating all mods!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  :| |:
Page 12 of 12