New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:13 am
    —
I have created a new modswap that works with WaR/tLD/LSA

All seems to work well.

I just need to work out how to distribute it and the first mod  GroundTactics version 1.6

I do think this will allow mods to work for the new releases on Game Ranger.

#2: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
I have created a new modswap that works with WaR/tLD/LSA

All seems to work well.

I just need to work out how to distribute it and the first mod  GroundTactics version 1.6

I do think this will allow mods to work for the new releases on Game Ranger.

Hey ... way to go schrecken!
This will be a big improvement ... being able to hook up on GR with mods for the new CC releases

Thanks Smile

#3: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 am
    —
pic

modswap.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.7 KB
 Viewed:  16736 Time(s)

modswap.jpg

#4: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 am
    —
I need a guinea pig???

#5: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 am
    —
OK, all set

I just need to create an installer and we're in business... needs community testing of course.

Last edited by schrecken on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total

modswap2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.11 KB
 Viewed:  16724 Time(s)

modswap2.jpg

#6: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:02 am
    —
Try this

The New ModSwap

www.closecombatwar.com/utils/ModswapforCoIWaRtLDLSA.exe

DIRECTIONS

Download ModswapforCoIWaRtLDLSA.exe and run the Exe

Modswap should install to your C:\Matrix Games folder and be ready to run.

Ground Tactics 1.6 plugin Installer

www.closecombatwar.com/utils/GroundTacticsmodswapPluginfortLD.exe

DIRECTIONS

Download the mod file eg GroundTacticsmodswapPluginfortLD.exe

Run the exe which will install Ground Tactics mod to your plugins folder.

When that is complete Open ModSwap from your C:\Matrix\Games folder.

From the File menu choose Install and navigate to C:\Matrix\Games\plugins and select Ground_Tactics_v16.tLD

Click on Open and OK to install.

Close ModSwap.

Select Play from Command Center to play tLD with Ground tactics Mod Installed.

#7: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:09 am
    —
If you can play stock tLD on GameRanger H2H without any problems then i would appreciate you testing with Ground tactics installed by modswap to see if you have equal success.

cheers

Last edited by schrecken on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:12 am
    —
Some info for modders

tLD mods must have the tLD extension

LSA must have the LSA extension

WaR mods must have the WaR extension

CoI mods will continue to have the cc3 extension

just associate the extension with your zip program

eg right click on plugin and "open with" and choose winzip/winrar/7zip  etc.

#9: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:55 am
    —
Thanks Schrecken

#10: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm
    —
Anyone tested the mod on GR yet?

#11: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:17 pm
    —
Thanks Andrew!

Two edge sword it is.... You can play mods on GameRanger now since the actual game files are replace but you can also corrupt your game installation again....

#12: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:18 pm
    —
i can only choose LSA or CoI, i can't choose TLD & WaR
The only game which is installed into the folder where i placed your ModSwap is TLD.
CoI, WaR &  TLD are installed elsewhere... don't know if this has something to do with it  Question

Last edited by 0202243 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:28 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Thanks Andrew!

Two edge sword it is.... You can play mods on GameRanger now since the actual game files are replace but you can also corrupt your game installation again....

People will just have to take care when writing the scripts.

#14: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:42 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Thanks Andrew!

Nice work, schrecken!
Most ppl have huge HDDs nowadays...so make a backup of your game folders...you can fix corrupted installs by simply deleting and renaming folders Smile

#15: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: Priapus PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:08 pm
    —
I'm attempting to install TLD GT 1.6. When I open up modswap and attempt to install the mod I get informed that "You must have CC5 to install this mod...". Any ideas?

#16: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:47 pm
    —
0202243 wrote (View Post):
i can only choose LSA or CoI, i can't choose TLD & WaR
The only game which is installed into the folder where i placed your ModSwap is TLD.
CoI, WaR &  TLD are installed elsewhere... don't know if this has something to do with it  Question

Disregard my last transmission, allready figured it out  Razz

#17: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:30 pm
    —
Mod swap assumes you have a stock installation of the CC Games

If you have a different install location youu will have to edit mod.ini

Open mod.ini in your C:\MMatrix games Folder using NOTEPAD

[General]
LastVersion=5

[InstalledVersions]
0=0
1=0
2=1
3=1
4=1
5=1
6=0
7=0
8=0
9=0

[InstalledLocations]
2=C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
3=C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III
4=C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
5=C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day

[InstalledToRegKey]
2=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Close Combat\2.00
3=SOFTWARE\CSO\Close Combat\3.50
4=SOFTWARE\Strategic Simulations Inc.\Close Combat\4.00
5=SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.00
6=

[EXEFileNames]
2=CCE.exe
3=CC3.exe
4=CCE.exe
5=CCE.exe
6=CCE.exe

I will update the text strings that refer to the old CC versions eg. CC5 etc

#18: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: Priapus PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 pm
    —
Got it working! Thanks shrek. Now to test this out on GR.

#19: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:15 am
    —
Tried to connect on GR with three other people ... two of them tried to connect to each other too.
When the host clicks start ... it just goes to the main screen ... but not to multiplayer.

Also tried to connect with IP, (by clicking multiplayer from the main screen) but the player joining the game can't enter the IP address.

Seems to be the same results as when trying to connect with the first TLD mod installation method.

#20: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:04 am
    —
hmmm... that's annoying...

Stock tLD connects OK?

then might be a case of replacing one file at a time to try and work out if a single file is the problem?

This is the file lisstthat Ground Tactics replaces (I don't see why there would be a problem)... any suggestions anyone?

campaign.txt=\data\base\
alsteams.txt=\data\base\
axsteams.txt=\data\base\
bgroups.txt=\data\base\
Elements.txt=\data\base\
fpools.txt=\data\base\
nations.txt=\data\base\
soldiers.txt=\data\base\
Uniforms.txt=\data\base\
Vehicles.txt=\data\base\
Weapons.txt=\data\base\

Drive for Cherbourg=\data\CAMPAIGN\