Inflatable army
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Inflatable army Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 pm
    —
Ok guys I just had to show you this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11511886

Back to ww2 I'd guess...

Couple of decent lucky strikes would do the job I'd guess

hehehe now i'm wondering wich country they are trying to fool with this...

CHeers Buck

#2: Re: Inflatable army Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:52 am
    —
Interesting article Buck!

The concept of Maskirovka was used very sucessfully by the Soviets during the buildup for the Vistula-Oder offensive in early '45. Christopher Duffy gives a good description of it in "Red Storm on the Reich."

cheers
yg

#3: Re: Inflatable army Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:58 am
    —
"The decoys are a hundred times cheaper than the real thing, which means Moscow will save a lot of money by blowing up its own weapons."

badoom tish!

#4: Re: Inflatable army Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 pm
    —
Quote:
hehehe now i'm wondering wich country they are trying to fool with this...

probably same countries that were eagerly bombing Serbs decoys with microwave owens inside Razz.

#5: Re: Inflatable army Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm
    —
Cool, I wonder when they turn up on the military surplus market, I want to place a T80 in my future garden. Maybe neighborhood kids can use it as a bouncy bounce.

#6: Re: Inflatable army Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:12 pm
    —
diggin.robat wrote (View Post):
Cool, I wonder when they turn up on the military surplus market, I want to place a T80 in my future garden. Maybe neighborhood kids can use it as a bouncy bounce.

No, no, no... In your garden you should have a surplus Sherman, with the gun pointing at the gate and any door salesmen entering!  Cool

#7: Re: Inflatable army Author: Andreus PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:00 pm
    —
Eh! That'd make your own house a primary target if the war broke up!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1