Completed grand campaign
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Die Kampfgruppen

#1: Completed grand campaign Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:02 am
    —
After months, months and more months of playing a game once in a while i finally completed the SDK Die Kampfgruppen Grand Campaign on the german side.
My battlegroups nearly completely depleted, down to my last 2 tanks i managed a total victory 2 days before the campaign's end date.

Did anybody else find the time/stamina/perseverance to finish the grand campaign?

SDKDK.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.15 KB
 Viewed:  11189 Time(s)

SDKDK.jpg

#2: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: Superkala PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 am
    —
Are you loco presidente?!

#3: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 am
    —
Never did finish the campaign and definitely wasn't on pace for a kill ratio like you got there. Way to go!!!

#4: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 pm
    —
Wow... you did some serious killing  Shocked .  What settings were you using if you remember?

#5: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:46 am
    —
Oh my God...I have never ever seen numbers like the Russian casualties you posted there...

I was going to play SDK next, but suddenly I have my doubts...  Confused

#6: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:00 pm
    —
No, it is fun  Cool .

If you want a shorter campaign just play Der Kessel mod. Only about 12 battles per round.

#7: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: Aetius PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:07 am
    —
Der Kampftruppen is the shorter mod, der kessel is longer.

I think i played vet vs vet settings.

#8: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:22 am
    —
Well done! The only GC I have ever finished was CC4 Vet BoB and I scraped a close victory in the last turn.

#9: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:48 pm
    —
Aetius wrote (View Post):
Der Kampftruppen is the shorter mod, der kessel is longer.

I think i played vet vs vet settings.

Der Kessel is a perfect size for me with just the battles around Pitomnik and Gumrak airports.
Adds up to about 11 battles per round.

I thought Der Kampftruppen is a bit bigger... with several more areas of battle beyond the airports and Kalach.

#10: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:58 pm
    —
Maybe you mean the Der Kessel Campaign... I am speaking of the Historical Kessel Campaign from November 24. Sorry if I misunderstood.

#11: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm
    —
Hi Aetius

Congratulations on a well deserved victory. Playing to the full extend of a campaign is rare, even in single player. My respect.

The combined casualties in your campaign are massive. Some bloody fightings there.

Few questions:

- what kind of Russian weapon caused most casualties on your side, and vice versa?

- were the casualties on your side, higher in the start of the campaign, or did your battle groups deplete more regularly over time?  

- have you ever considered to play a full h2h campaign? I'm looking for a dedicated opponent, wanting to play the Germans.

---
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9510

#12: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 am
    —
It seems ages ago since i've finished this GC.

Soviet tanks where the most deadly, especially when one of my teams was spotted and several tanks opened fire simultaniously.
My HMG's claimed most soviet infantry casualties and my infantry claimed most soviet tanks (AT guns don't last long in this GC).

My BG's tended to deplete more towards the end of the GC when the best teams where already gone and more "sacrifices" where needed.

I rarely played H2H, i'm one of those guys who plays a quick game once in a while when i find time for it and i feel like it (to finish this GC took a long time).
I haven't played CC in months now, i'll probably start playing again when one of the upcoming mods comes out.

#13: Re: Completed grand campaign Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:42 pm
    —
My guess was the Russian artillery would be the prime killer-weapon, however, I have only played a GC in SDK, not Die Kampgruppen. Going to try it out at some point. Coming from your campaign debrief, it seems to be an intense game.

Sad you don't play H2H GCs as the AI ones, still, impressive campaign debrief.

Thanks for sharing.

Close Combat Series -> Die Kampfgruppen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1