Direct Play Helper error
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Direct Play Helper error Author: krzywy_rychu PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:02 pm
    —
Hi all. I`m new with GameRanger. When I host a game i get an error that says DirectPlay Helper will be closed. Typical windows error "error occured aplication will be closed". And when itry to connect to someone else, game doesn`t start only black screen.
Any solutions? Thx.

#2: Re: Direct Play Helper error Author: krzywy_rychu PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm
    —
Anyone??

#3: Re: Direct Play Helper error Author: MarchingBand PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:25 pm
    —
Try running your CC in another compatability version (95,97 etc).

#4: Re: Direct Play Helper error Author: Von_Poppenballon PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:18 pm
    —
I'm also getting this problem with GameRanger, I can run the game without problems in single player, but only get a black screen when tring to host/join a game. After a long time without playing cc5 h2h, and getting a msg from Mooxe, i thought i would give it a go again, I have downloaded the patch to turn it 5.01, and GJS44. everything is new other than the disk. I truely am stumped, i have made an exception for cc5 in my firewall and have turned off Data execution prevention (DEP). Any help would be great

#5: Re: Direct Play Helper error Author: bini PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:39 pm
    —
i have exactly the same problem

#6: Re: Direct Play Helper error Author: brama PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 pm
    —
Hi guys,

I had the same problem and finally made an absolute breakthrough to solve this issue for good.

You will need to create a specific compatibility mode.

That's possible with Microsoft Compatibility Administrator.

1/Download the tool  & create a new data base.
2/Create a new compatibility mode & add the following fixes:

AddWritePermissionsToDeviceFiles
EmulateSlowCPU
EnableRestarts
FileVersionInfoLie
ForceAnsiGetDisplayNameOf
ForceCDStop
HandleAPIExceptions
HandleRegExpandSzRegistryKeys
HandleWvsprintfExceptions
ProfilesGetFolderPath
ProfilesRegQueryValueEx
SingleProcAffinity

3/Add a new application to the database. Select close combat exe file. Then select the compatibility mode you've just created.
4/Save the database.
5/Right click on it then "install" it.
6/This personal compatibility mode will override the standard modes only for the exe file you've added to the database.

-In the future, you'll be able to host or join without encountering any error with direct play.
What's more:
- it prevents the game from lagging when your computer is geared with a too fast processor.
- the screen won't freeze anymore during the game
- you'll be able to play with the highest resolution that you computer can provide.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1