Can't play Matrix releases, SSI/Atomic CCs run fine.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Can't play Matrix releases, SSI/Atomic CCs run fine. Author: ssa2204 PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:09 am
    —
I have Dell D600 that I use to play older games. I have all the CC games installed, with the exception primarily of the re-releases from Matrix. I just tried to install Last Stand Arnhem, and I get the same behavior that I get with Longest Day and Wacht am Rhein. When starting a game, usually within 5 minutes the gameplay crawls to a standstill, the mouse movement is slow and jerky, and I have to escape from the game and kill it with Task Manager.

What is even odder is that for about 5 minutes after the whole computer is just slow and clunky. Running this under Windows XP SP3. I have no problems with Modern Combat, or any of the old SSI/Atomic games. Problem is I tried this on another laptop and got the same results. However my brother claims it runs fine for him in Windows 7.

Each game was fully patched to the latest version, and the problem still continues. Has anyone else encountered this issue with the Matrix re-releases where the game just stops functioning like I described?

#2: Re: Can't play Matrix releases, SSI/Atomic CCs run fine. Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 am
    —
weird

have you turned on directx acceleratuion?  (which you would have had turned off to play the old games)

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1