Problem installing mods
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Problem installing mods Author: Pzt_Pandemic PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:50 am
    —
I'll try to keep this short. I installed GJS with cfg1.3 and I guess it didn't uninstall. So now whenever I try to install another mod I get an error message. "Failed to copy C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Data\Battles\Acqueville to System\Original\Acqueville because C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Data\Battles\Acqueville does not exist."

Reinstalling isn't an option because I don't have the CD. Any help would be appreciated.

#2: Re: Problem installing mods Author: Pzt_Pandemic PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:00 am
    —
Update, when I launch CC in single player GJS loads and I'm able to play, but I don't know how to uninstall so I can install other mods

#3: Re: Problem installing mods Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:06 am
    —
If it's one of mooxes torrents you will probably find that it is slowly deleting all the files off of your hard disk.

#4: Re: Problem installing mods Author: Pzt_Pandemic PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:11 am
    —
No not a torrent, I installed a few years ago and have since lost the disc.

#5: Re: Problem installing mods Author: Andreus PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
If it's one of mooxes torrents you will probably find that it is slowly deleting all the files off of your hard disk.

Eh, if matrix games was selling stock CC5, people wouldn't need "mooxe's torrents" to play the original mods. I'd buy a second copy to make sure I have CC running "legally" for a long time...

#6: Re: Problem installing mods Author: Iron45 PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:58 pm
    —
It may be possible to copy the files from the packages folders in Cfgv13 and replace with the GJS files but I suspect its a bit difficult.  It would be easier to get another disc.  I don't know where you are but amazon.co.uk are selling used copies from £4.98.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1