LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:57 pm
    —
For WAR owners that may have missed it....

LSA Pathing and AI Improvements Coming To WAR

Quote:
ORIGINAL:  RD_Oddball
As has been stated elsewhere we have plans to back-port the LSA pathing and AI improvements to WaR and TLD.

From post #3 in the following thread;

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2614724&mpage=1&key=&#2615442

#2: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm
    —
In case you missed this earlier

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2599346

#3: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: Andreus PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:35 pm
    —
Is this gonna be released for modern tactics as well? Not that I play it, but would be useful to have in case I some day do, or for the people who actually like it...

#4: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 pm
    —
great news.....thanks guys!  winter is coming...time to start a WAR gc

#5: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm
    —
Why? I think the AI is more aggresive in WAR than in LSA and the vehicle pathing is 1000 times better in WAR than in the first version of LSA???

Mats

#6: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:49 pm
    —
"Why? I think the AI is more aggresive in WAR than in LSA and the vehicle pathing is 1000 times better in WAR than in the first version of LSA???"

There was still room for improvement with vehicle pathing in WAR.

#7: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 am
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
Why? I think the AI is more aggresive in WAR than in LSA and the vehicle pathing is 1000 times better in WAR than in the first version of LSA???

Mats

I agree.

#8: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:57 pm
    —
The post doesn't refer to the first version of LSA

See the vid. (which is a reference for pathing only)

#9: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:44 am
    —
Still think that the AI is better in WAR compared to the latest LSA patch....

The vehicle pathing is now great in LSA but i had no problem with it in WAR...maybe i am old and blind Wink (as the betatesters in the released version 1 of LSA)

Mats

#10: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 pm
    —
Had to laugh.  Playing LSA (patched), an infantry squad (Grenedier) beat an armoured car (Sdkfz 231) racing down a road (about 200 metres).  Infantry straight down at the double.  Armoured card veering from side to side in a seemingly drunken stupor.  No obstacles, though tree lines/woods on either side of the road in places.  I'll take your word for it that the pathing is better than the unpatched version....

#11: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm
    —
Quote:
but i had no problem with it in WAR

I would tend to asgree in most circumsyances.

BUT

That video above shows a vast improvement over Stock WaR (or any other CC version)

Previously the tanks would ignore the clear track and try and drive through the forested area.

#12: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:02 pm
    —
Hope to test Bridge crossing this week and my expectation is that this will be vastly improved with the new changes.

#13: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm
    —
Quote:
infantry squad (Grenedier) beat an armoured car (Sdkfz 231

Ya that was reported months ago... haven't revisitd it at all.

Report was with no obstacles at all... vehicles stuck in 1st gear?

#14: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:43 am
    —
Multiple waypoints is often needed to override the TAI's pathing if you want to specify a particular path, especially a more direct one, or prevent movement into areas you do not want.  For example, when moving squads down a tree line (where you want the movement on the side away from the enemy), I noticed that they can weave in and out of the tree line, sometimes on the side closer to the enemy if you leave it up to the TAI.

All in all, having quite a good time (playing as Germans for the first GC, then will do Allies).  Where the German BG is thin, there is a bit of a challange.  Haven't been kicked off a Map yet, but pretty darn close on occasion (down to a single mauled Squad), and have had to blow a few bridges to prevent them falling into Allied hands (4 or 5 so far).  Am playing with enemy on Always obey orders which makes them pursue their objectives more ruthlessly.

Finding it harder to 'slaughter' the enemy (noticed far more wounded than KIA) which is also good, though sometimes have to laugh again, for example when a solitary enemy soldier runs at a VL, totally exposed in the middle of a road, coming under cross fire from 2 Heavy MG's, an LMG, and an LMG Squad, and still the little bugger keeps coming!  Consequently, they get further than I would expect when playing other versions.  A 15 minute timer means not too much dead time, so there is action going on more or less right through the battle, at least if the enemy BG isn't too degraded.

Mortars a wee bit too powerful for my liking (though I do miss them when they are not available in the German static BG's).

Moving house soon, so CC and Development will have to go on hold for a while.

#15: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:07 am
    —
vonB wrote (View Post):
Moving house soon, so CC and Development will have to go on hold for a while.

Houses are heavy and difficult to move, why not just go to a different one?   Razz

#16: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 am
    —
NOw why didn't I think of that?  Wink

#17: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 pm
    —
Been in Ireland just a bit too long?

#18: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Author: vonB PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm
    —
Something like that.  Sad to leave tho'.. Lovely country with lovely people, just sold out by the gangsters and crooks rather more severely than elsewhere, so it's going to take them a lot longer to dig themselves out of the economic pit they are in.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1