CC5 How to effectively use the plugin manager
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC5 How to effectively use the plugin manager Author: mellenthin PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:04 pm
    —
So..I just got back into close comabt and I am happy that people are using Gameranger.

Anyway, the mod/map system is really confusing me, how should I set it up so that I can switch mods when I want?

Should all of my mod's maps be in the same folder?

Currently I have a separate map folder for each mod and I rename the one I want to use to "maps" when I need it, but I am getting problems.

Often when I try to start a battle I will get an error saying it can't find some random map file that isn't even for that mod.

Also the original battle files from the data folder get deleted so I can't install a new mod till I copy them in from a back up.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

#2: Re: CC5 How to effectively use the plugin manager Author: Andreus PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:06 am
    —
Here: Install guide for beginners

Clean reinstall.
All the mod maps unzipped in the same original folder along with the stock CC5 maps and the other mods, if any. The Config Manager main folder directly at C:\Config Manager.
The mods' plugins (.pln files) inside the plugin folder within the Config Manager.
Finally, to install, always use the config manager, don't unzip files manually.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1