GR and Router ports
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: GR and Router ports Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:26 am
    —
Gents
i may be getting a router for my PC........so i have a stupid question.....
to play a game on GR [ like LSA or TLD] do my router ports have to be configured for each game to play on GR??

#2: Re: GR and Router ports Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:55 pm
    —
You will not have to configure it to play over GameRanger.

Check out the troubleshooting guide for the ports you need to open for hosting at BHQ & GameSpy.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=101#6

#3: Re: GR and Router ports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:02 pm
    —
I had to forward ports to play on GameRanger... no game for me without port forwarding

New ports for CC
UDP 6073
UDP 2302 - 2400

#4: Re: GR and Router ports Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:47 pm
    —
I suppose with different hardware and ISPs there may need to be different settings. For the record, while I was testing GameRanger I purposly blocked all ports Close Combat uses to verify you did not have to configure opening ports. I was able to host every version. My router is a D-Link DIR-60. In most cases, GameRanger does not require you to do any port configuring.

#5: Re: GR and Router ports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 pm
    —
cheers

i tested the same way and could only play if ports forwarded   :(

but it works fine just need to fix the button mapping, I believe.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1