How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - 2010
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - 2010 Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm
    —
I've just started but hope to get this into a useable form over the next couple of weeks.

Any suggestions/tips/criticisms greatly appreciated

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ClassicCC/MapMaking/strat.htm

#2: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 am
    —
Sorry, I do not know if you have read all this but it will not help too for to create and edit a strategic map in WAR, TLD and LSA.

And at this moment a new strategic map should be made with Mafi BD9 tool. With it I have made the Battle of Ebro strategic map by example. But I can not finish the work because you have not release the workbook. At this point tell us something as this "Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA" is as a lie half  because you can not edit properly the code on LSA and you need it for to make a new mod.

#3: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:22 am
    —
It is a work in progress that will guide you through the strat map creation/editing process.

If you have anything of benefit to add , please do.

The webpage will include graphics (to be added), links to appropriate tools (to be added)

etc etc

#4: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 am
    —
Quote:
you have not release the workbook.

When it was my responsibility the workbooks were released in a timely manner.

It is no longer my responsibility.

#5: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:49 am
    —
It is no longer my responsibility.[/quote]

LOL Very Happy  strange Schreck because you are soo helpful and kind to evereyone.....

#6: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:54 am
    —
I know

Drop Dead!

:)

#7: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:41 am
    —
Two threads on the same topic? Give it up already.

#8: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:51 am
    —
which topic is that?

or are you referring to the workbook topic.

This is a Strat map "how to" thread... please remove any workbook references from here.

#9: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:37 am
    —
Quote:
If you have anything of benefit to add , please do.

I would have free time, I would make a MafiĀ“s BD9 guide.

But a guide for the BD9 would be completed ignored because most of the people around here do not want a guide for a fantastic tool which it continues giving a lot of work, they want a tool which it converts all with two clicks. But I feel that they will not see anything like.

#10: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 am
    —
i Agree with your sentiment.

#11: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:02 pm
    —
I suggest adding a Photoshop image that shows the X,Y and W,H coordinates for the first listing in each group.
Adding that white (255,255,255) does not show up in game?

You can cheat the color overlays a little,but I haven't messed with it in over a year and the experiment was well how should we say.......
Sloppy and quick with no further interest as Imoved over that and went into working with Data.
I remember having yellow outlines and no color in the middle,there was a small issue with the roll over text not being displayed(Map Names),but I think one could fudge it.
I also had the German Cross for German controlled maps and the Green American star displayed for American held maps.
I think the roll over text wasn't being displayed when you were anywhere other than the yellow outline and the emblems I used.
I do remember the K cross worked good.
So I was assuming that solid colors were what the game was keying on in order to get the map names (roll over text) to be displayed.

But the strategic map looked SWEET without those UGLY red and green colors overlayed on them.

#12: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:40 pm
    —
I find it a lose of time, the best would be how use BD9 with some images. I will try make it later.

#13: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:15 pm
    —
A BED9 addendum would be excellent.

Tools required

1. Notepad
2. BED9 - Link to tool
3. Paint program (photoshop)
4. Gadgetmunger - Link to tool

#14: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:08 am
    —
links added

#15: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm
    —
Have anybody tried load LSA strategic map with BD9? can it load well the ScrnGadg.gdg?

#16: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:40 pm
    —
I have discovered that BD9 can not load LSA ScrnGadg.gdg, probably because LSA file is different, on special it has more arrows and the size from file is smaller. But I could load one LSA strategic map saving the LSA image files on a WAR ScrnGadg.gdg and editing the extract.dat for to add all the arrows from LSA, now I can edit it. I would like to make LSA strategic map with only the half of maps, more as the CC2 or my WAR ABTF mod but with the new maps and the LSA strategic map.

#17: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm
    —
So, until BED9 is updated the workaround is use WaR screengadgets then export/import back to LSA.

nice. thannks!

#18: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:12 am
    —
I thought that Mafi had updated his tool for LSA?

#19: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 am
    —
only one way to be aure..

Firefox... did you use the latest version of BED9?

#20: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 am
    —
Of course. I used the last. Perhaps before ask me, you should try it. Wink

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3