Utah - Beyond the Beach mod installation - Wassup!?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Utah - Beyond the Beach mod installation - Wassup!? Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:32 am
    —
I don't get this. I tried to install Utah - Beyond the Beach, and an error came up saying that it couldn't rename Airport.bgo because it already existed etc. and that the installation failed. I tried to find the file with a system search and it didn't find anything in the system\original folder. I was getting frustrated, so I tried to start the game and see what happened, and it started, the mod was installed correctly. But if I look at the Config manager, it doesn't show it as intalled.

Whats up with that!? What will I need to do if I want to uninstall it?

#2: Re: Utah - Beyond the Beach mod installation - Wassup!? Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 am
    —
Update: I ran it a second time and it would not start. I found an old installation of the game in an archived file from an old laptop, so I deleted all the files from this (it shouldn't have been a problem but it was taking up room anyway).

Next, I went and deleted all of the maps in the \maps directory, uninstalled CCV and am now reinstalling it. Then I will run the mod install again and see what happens.

#3: Re: Utah - Beyond the Beach mod installation - Wassup!? Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:42 am
    —
Latest: I reinstalled CCV, tried to reinstall the mod, and it still wouldn't acknowledge installation. So I closed down the Config manager and CCV, then I just thought I would open and play the standard game. But when I opened the game it came up as Utah Beyond the beach, even though it (aparently) wasn't installed.

It must have installed, but because it came up with an error, it wouldnt show up as installed. A bit silly because the files it wanted to rename to were already there, so It should have shown as installed.

Anyway, I didn't know how to uninstall the mod, so I installed Bloody Omaha over it, and no problems, it installed the mod ok, and it shows as installed.

Now I am not sure what version it will revert to if I uninstall BO. But it will be awhile, because I'm loving BO, it's an awesome mod!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1