Bloody Omaha - Bug? -Troops will not move -'We can't go!!!'
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Bloody Omaha - Bug? -Troops will not move -'We can't go!!!' Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 am
    —
What's with the troops refusing to move all the time in the Bloody Omaha mod? I get some squads to move into a building but some refuse. I can get a HQ unit to crawl through a hedgerow into open ground, but a recon unit refuses, saying 'We can't go!'.

I have tried switching on the 'always follows orders' option in the realism settings but it still doesn't fix it. Is this a bug or is there a fix?

#2: Re: Bloody Omaha - Bug? -Troops will not move -'We can't go! Author: Andreus PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:58 am
    —
Maybe you have a vetmod installed and you're playing wrong side, so infantry coded as vehicles won't get into houses?

#3: Re: Bloody Omaha - Bug? -Troops will not move -'We can't go! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:59 am
    —
What did you install? Version? Submods? etc.

Does sound like a vetmod issue as Andreus mentioned.

#4: Re: Bloody Omaha - Bug? -Troops will not move -'We can't go! Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 am
    —
Ah yes, I installed the German Vetmod and was playing as American. If I uninstall the vetmod does that allow me to play as Americans ok? Alternatively, if I have the German Vetmod on, does that mean that I can only play as German?

Actually, playing as Germans is more fun. They are soooo much better than US if managed right.

I'll try out the variations anyway. Thanks.

#5: Re: Bloody Omaha - Bug? -Troops will not move -'We can't go! Author: Andreus PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 am
    —
Yes, when installing a vetmod, you may only play the name the vetmod has -> German vetmod, germans  Wink

#6: Re: Bloody Omaha - Bug? -Troops will not move -'We can't go! Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 am
    —
Update: I actually noticed I had installed both Vet mods, so it was all stuffed up. I uninstalled the German Vet mod and am playing as US. Works fine now.

By the way, it's an awesome mod. I love the battle descriptions in the campaign games as well.

The AI is very good too compared to the 'vanilla' version.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1