I'm outta here
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: I'm outta here Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:20 am
    —
I've pretty much had a gutsful of the CC (lack of) community so I'm outta here.  However I do have a bunch of semi complete maps scattered over two computers.  If they're any use I'll drop them onto DVDs and mail them to you.  I guess if I can get the old computer cranked up we're talking 5-6 or more DVDs with a mix of maps, textures and whatnot

there are incomplete 64 map batches for several proposed mods plus other stuff that might be useful

I'll attach a few images

Yugo 3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.56 KB
 Viewed:  12629 Time(s)

Yugo 3.jpg

#2: Re: I'm outta here Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:24 am
    —
winter war

winterwar 4 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  200.32 KB
 Viewed:  12625 Time(s)

winterwar 4 copy.jpg

winterwar 2 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  302.09 KB
 Viewed:  12625 Time(s)

winterwar 2 copy.jpg

#3: Re: I'm outta here Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:32 am
    —
two versions

LPLND2 (snow) copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  277.08 KB
 Viewed:  12618 Time(s)

LPLND2 (snow) copy.jpg

LPLND2 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.76 KB
 Viewed:  12618 Time(s)

LPLND2 copy.jpg

#4: Re: I'm outta here Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:10 am
    —
very good work. Are you drawing maps full time? Wink))
Yes the community is very still but maybe are some people working silently on things that can wake up the community...

#5: Re: I'm outta here Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:31 am
    —
Take care Southern_Land

Hope that you bring your great talent to other wargames somewhere down the line

Cool

#6: Re: I'm outta here Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:47 am
    —
Chuck em my way mate.  You know where to find me.  

Thinking of making some revised and edited maps for additional map packs for various version, LSA, TLD, WaR and even RSR.

Thanks mate

#7: Re: I'm outta here Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:04 am
    —
Nice stuff...

You have my address, happy to pay costs.

;0)

#8: Re: I'm outta here Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:09 pm
    —
Thanks for all the maps over the years Southern_land!!!

Hope this is just a break for you to refresh the batteries and that you will be back at least to have some fun playing the game (rather than just working on it)....

#9: Re: I'm outta here Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:15 pm
    —
Hardly got to know you southern land but thanks for all the years of work. I've greatly enjoyed playing on your maps.

#10: Re: I'm outta here Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:41 pm
    —
I too, would like to express my gratitude to this individual for all his work down through the years. The maps in CC have been a large part of its success. Sometimes people dont fully understand or respect the value of a long term commitment to any endeavor. Southernland provided such a commitment to CC, and to everyones benefit.

#11: Re: I'm outta here Author: vonB PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:41 pm
    —
Hi Shane.  It was a pleasure working with you way back in Simtek days.  Nothing lasts for ever eh?  Trouble is those of us who remember the halcyon days of the Zone have been spoiled, and it is unlikely to happen again, at least for CC, but that's the nature of things.  I can't believe you will bail out completely, and sometimes we need time off (I too have had stints where CC was put on ice, but it has always returned in some way, whether as a light distraction or something more.  Who knows?  Even tomorrow can be difficult to see sometimes.

So whether we see you around again or not, I wish you the very best, and nominate you as one of, if not the most significant community Map Maker in the history of CC, at least as far as I am concerned.

For myself,  CC is hit and miss, but will probably always be there in some way.  I have some pet projects I intend to finish, but they will just have to take due process and fit around everything else going on.

Tomorrow sees me off back to Blighty, so cross your fingers for a smooth ferry crossing.

#12: Re: I'm outta here Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:49 am
    —
Take a raincoat

#13: Re: I'm outta here Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:57 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Take a raincoat

Take a bucket!!

#14: Re: I'm outta here Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:31 pm
    —
Sad to hear that you are leaving, but thanks for all the great and beautiful maps over the years; -They are real work of art!

#15: Re: I'm outta here Author: yuma PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:39 pm
    —
Best wishes SL.  Your hard work has given me years of enjoyment from CC.  You will be missed.

#16: Re: I'm outta here Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:17 pm
    —
Thanks for all the great maps and the help you've given out, hope to see you around again someday.

#17: Re: I'm outta here Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:02 pm
    —
Take care old boy.
Thanks for great maps and everything.

P.S. Hopefully you are doing like Tack (your neighbor), drawing much attention when leaving but still coming back Wink

#18: Re: I'm outta here Author: pagskier PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:56 am
    —
Big thanks for your hard work!

and hope to see you around sooner than you think Very Happy

#19: Re: I'm outta here Author: thorbeer PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:25 pm
    —
Thank for all your good work. I hope you check in now and then and even drop a line or two.  Smile

#20: Re: I'm outta here Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:00 am
    —
Take care old son,

Wish I had your talent to continue......but

Whatever your endevour I wish you well

(I have problems kicking habits)  Laughing

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2