Tracers in Omaha
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Tracers in Omaha Author: Wodin PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:07 pm
    —
Ive read somewhere that there are no tracers in the Omaha mod.

Is this correct?

If so does it affect gameplay and why did they omit them?

Thanks

#2:  Author: Hedges13Location: USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:36 am
    —
no there are not any, as far as i can remember. i have not played that mod in over 2 months. but, i personally liked it better. it was a little bit more realistic to me. in the other mods, it seems that a guy takes one shot and 5-8 traces come along as well. it is a little too revealin especcially for snipers.

anyways, that is merely my opinion.

~hedges13

#3:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:51 am
    —
I think the tracers were lost due to either;

1) the CC5.exe used, as it does not require a CD
2) when the uniform colors were edited something was changed

Unfortunately, the mod team doesn't know exactly what it was. Having said that some people do like that the tracers aren't there, while others....

In GJS 4.4 the snipers no longer have tracers too (I believe they just changed the weapon type to make them not appear just for that specific weapon).

#4: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:24 am
    —
TJ u can rule out number 1
im not saying that the cause is not in the exe.
but changing it to no cd will not effect tracer fire.howerver who knows what else they changed in the exe.

#5:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war,

True, changing the exe to no cd is just a quick hex edit. But was something else changed in it, good question. Maybe when the text strings were edit something else was touched. Either way it is not known how to make the change or how to reverse it right now....

#6:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:21 pm
    —
I think the consensus when it first came out was that the editing of the .exe to change the uniform colors was the culprit that ended up eliminating the tracers. When I opened up the .exe to change the uniform colors, you could see that there was an offset problem, because the no-cd .exe data did not match up in the soldier color editor the same as the stock .exe...oh well, doesn't really detract from gameplay

#7:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:28 pm
    —
think omaha is unplayable online until the tracers are put back

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1