Using BGEdit with a new PC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Using BGEdit with a new PC Author: Buffalo_6 PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:47 pm
    —
Folks,

I could really use some help here.  I am trying to use BGEdit to modify the composition of battle groups in CC5, but cannot get it to function on my new machine running Vista.  I had no problems on my previous PC running XP.

I now have an ASUS CG5290, operating Windows VISTA Home Premium with a 64-bit operating system.

I’ve think – stress on the think – that I’ve downloaded the correct versions of Java Virtual Machine and Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributable, but I am not sure.  None of the links in the “Read Me” that downloaded with BGEdit worked anymore, and I had to hunt around for what I think are the correct versions of these for a 64-bit OS.

When I open up BGEdit and attempt to open a Force Pools .adb file, I get a “failed to open files” error message.

At any rate, I hope you all can help.  I really like using BGEdit and can’t thank you enough for the mods and other additions you have created that have really enriched the CC experience.

Regards,

Edge Gibbons

#2: Re: Using BGEdit with a new PC Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:01 pm
    —
My first suggestion would be to download both versions of java virtual machine here at CCS if you havn't already.  I remember when I got XP I thought I had d/l'ed the correct version only to find out I was wrong.
Also with any older program and new OS these days...think compatability mode.

#3: Re: Using BGEdit with a new PC Author: Buffalo_6 PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:31 pm
    —
Yuma,

You're the man!  I'm embarassed to say that I didn't know that JVM was here on this site.  Once I downloaded that version, BGEdit works fine.

Once again, many thanks.

Edge

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1