CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#61: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:27 pm
    —
If you play against the AI - is it recommended to play as the Krauts or Allies?  

Also is there any way to trade-up to the DVD version instead of the downloadable version if you have the serial # ?  I really want to install this on my new Intel Mac. Apple really hit a home run with this amazing new technology to run Windows natively.

#62: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 pm
    —
Personally part of the appeal of playing CC is that you can play as either the Axis or the Allies. - in the original CC A Bridge too far I ran through the Allies campaign first but I also enjoyed the Axis campaign.

With regards to installing Close Combat on your mac, I don't believe a native installation on your Mac (intel) is possible. You need to use something like VMware for Mac or some other hypervisor product that allows you to run a virtual version of windows on your Mac (this is what I do)
You can also use 'Boot Camp' to dual boot OSX/Windows.

#63: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:34 pm
    —
I think I get the best gaming-experience when I play as the attacker in any CC game, so in LSA it's as the Allies. The AI seems to have problems organising and executing an attack, it tends to be a rather dull game then with a lot of waiting and/or slaughter.

(CC5; Battle of Berlin, with Salhexe vetmod is the exception that confirms this rule; -there you really have to fight for the survival of your troops when the 'Bolshevik Hordes' steam-wheels your lines!)

#64: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 pm
    —
I have completed a GC as the allies and found it quite challenging, holding on to Arnhem was tough and probably only succeeded having force moral on. I have nearly completed GC as Axis which was much easier although I had force moral off, which helped a bit too much as small almost completely destroyed groups could hold on to some vital maps. I will try the reverse later.

#65: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 pm
    —
It's on Sale,better buy while you can!

Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem - Originally $39.99, now $39.99!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3118387

#66: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:27 pm
    —
lol

#67: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 am
    —
It's a sale in that the price didn't go up

#68: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 am
    —
Looks like the sale just got a beta patch.  Laughing

Now reads.......
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem - Originally $39.99, now $29.99!

#69: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:17 am
    —
Over time, I have hinted to Matrix, that if this price could just be lowered to $19.99 or even $9.99, I MIGHT be a buyer.  Laughing   Confused

I am just wondering, but will someone (maybe DAK_Legion), port LSA to PITF.  Question  Idea

So maybe Cathartes, or anyone who is doing a port project to LSA, can suspend operations long enough to determine if the proper port target should be PITF.   Laughing

I have also been wondering what the arrival of PITF will do to Tejszd's Should I Buy a CC Game decision chart.  Laughing

#70: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 pm
    —
arkturas wrote (View Post):
CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing

Yes

#71: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: arkturasLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:37 pm
    —
Lots of comments have spun from the original post - some good some not so good, the truth is any of the CC series of games are great, from the modded originals to the remakes. Many of us have committed countless hours giving orders to soldiers and watching with intent as they follow them out - or not Smile.

Whist I agree to the purest out there are issues in the re-releases but we have to remember that no software is without its bugs. At the end of the day they bring allot of new faces to our world and help the community grow.

I have to say one more thing, kudos to Mooxe, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion for keeping the site maintained (at there own expense minus donations!) all these years without there contribution we wouldn't have have this great resource.

All the best
Gareth

#72: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Author: ThomasLidstrom PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm
    —
My advice to you is to have a look at ebay.
I just bought a copy of CC:LSA for around 13€!

Now I want to find all mods to it

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
Page 4 of 4