CC5 video problems Windows 7
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: CC5 video problems Windows 7 Author: cerium PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:58 am
    —
Ok I am pretty much out of options at the moment luckily I found this forum to hopefully help me out.

I am running windows 7 pro 32 bit and it seems I shouldn't be having these issues based on what I have seen on the forums. But when I load into a map and before I can move a unit the screen glitches out with freaky lines cutting across. The game doesn't freeze I can still move units give them orders ect. the video essentially stops working. Any suggestions? This also happened to me with CC3 on XP problem is I can't remember what I did to fix it there. Things I have tried:

Virtual machine with windows xp
Reinstall
patching
troubleshoot compatibility install

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2: Re: CC5 video problems Windows 7 Author: cerium PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:09 am
    —
Oh I forgot one other thing, the demo runs totally fine on my computer.

#3: Re: CC5 video problems Windows 7 Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:17 am
    —
try turning of directx acceleration

hey did you know you can get an updated CC5 - The Longest Day?

Which includes fixes for modern PC's and operating systems

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=681

#4: Re: CC5 video problems Windows 7 Author: cerium PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 am
    —
Is it possible to turn off directx acceleration with windows 7?

And I might have to get that updated version if this proves to hard to do haha.

#5: Re: CC5 video problems Windows 7 Author: Andreus PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:35 am
    —
Try using this one cerium

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4054

#6: Re: CC5 video problems Windows 7 Author: cerium PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:37 pm
    —
Unfortunately still not working, when i use the Close combat starter it gives me the unable to hook error and shuts down....on map load.

#7: Re: CC5 video problems Windows 7 Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:16 pm
    —
It looks like The Longest Day is on Christmas Sale at the moment  saving 33%

Product Name                        Normal Price  SalePrice  Discount

Close Combat: The Longest Day   $39.99    $26.99   33%

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1