Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:03 am
    —
Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein is available for testing.

Should work H2H on gameranger

any feedback very welcome.

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/mods/GroundTactics_for_WachtamRhein.exe

Last edited by schrecken on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: Amgot PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:20 am
    —
The link gives me a "HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found".

Edit: Ok, managed to download the file by correcting the typo in the URL (WachramRhein -> WachtamRhein). But I can't seem to be able to extract the plugin: when I try to extract it to any directory (C:/Games/Matrix Games/Plugins), I always get a message saying that there isn't enough space on my HD while there is plenty of space. I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bits. Tried compatibility modes (XP, Vista), didn't work.

#3: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:56 pm
    —
Tried as Administrator?

Link fixed.... thanks

#4: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:45 pm
    —
Quote:
But I can't seem to be able to extract the plugin: when I try to extract it to any directory (C:/Games/Matrix Games/Plugins), I always get a message saying that there isn't enough space on my HD while there is plenty of space. I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bits. Tried compatibility modes (XP, Vista), didn't work.

I DL'd to my Vista 64 and am having the same problem

Worked fine on win7 32bit when i DL'd last night.

Looking in to it.

#5: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:58 am
    —
Try this

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/mods/Ground_Tactics_v20GR.zip

unzip to your c:/Matrix Games/plugins folder

and use modswap to install

#6: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:39 am
    —
Ok it worked, I was able to install the plugin, though I had to manually edit the ModSwap .ini file (as indicated here) because it hadn't registered I had installed WaR (nor TLD for that matter) + edit the installation folder (mine is located at C:\Games\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein)

However, once the plugin was installed, I launched the WaR executable as usual and found myslef staring at TLD main screen, with the Ground Tactics icon. Weirdly enough, the version number at the bottom right still indicates v4.50.12b (i.e WaR latest patch). All the battles, ops and campaigns available are those of TLD. How do I play WaR?

#7: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:22 am
    —
Uninstall using modswap and you can play stock WaR

#8: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 pm
    —
Wait, I fear there's been a misunderstanding: is the goal of this plugin to bring to WaR those enhancements that GT already brings to TLD (less accurate mortars, ...) or to allow someone who owns WaR but not TLD to play TLD with GT enhancements? If it's the latter, I already own TLD, so it's not as interesting for me as the former is.

What I would like is to be able to play a WaR H2H GC on GameRanger with the GT enhancements (especially with the over-accurate-against-ATG mortars issue fixed). Smile

#9: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:54 pm
    —
Amgot, the conversion of Ground Tactics to WAR allows someone to play Ground Tactics on WAR. It isn't an update to WAR to change WAR game play....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:51 pm
    —
Oh ok, there's been a misunderstanding then!  Laughing

#11: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:10 am
    —
Ummmmm   Embarassed
Please look into the RED Circle placemtn on the Overview maps.

Found this bug within 2 minutes,How many more are there?

#12: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:39 am
    —
There will be lots david.

As you know from your own experience eg. Crashing overview WaR maps and OVM's with funny glitches in them

When someone tries to take of an exponentially larger task there are sure to  be some wrinkles to iron out.

#13: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
There will be lots david.

As you know from your own experience eg. Crashing overview WaR maps and OVM's with funny glitches in them

When someone tries to take of an exponentially larger task there are sure to  be some wrinkles to iron out.

And I do,
I just don"t understand the rush to release it before testing it out.
Most people wont see my small glitches in the .OVM's.
As for the size of them I do appreciate the clarity much more than worrying about the amount of memory it uses.

#14: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:03 pm
    —
It is cool to be able to play tLD without purchasing it,Thank-You very much.

Why are the Shoulder Patch's different colors?
In just a very short Battle I seen the German shoulder Patch's have different colors surrounding them.
I.E. Red/Green/Pink

#15: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 am
    —
It is not quite tLD... differences in maps for a start, along with a lot of data changes by the GT team.

#16: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:44 am
    —
N/T

#17: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 am
    —
Looks like there is some issues with the Debrief Screen Images

UO0040.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.88 KB
 Viewed:  10264 Time(s)

UO0040.jpg

#18: Re: Ground Tactics modswap plugin for wacht am Rhein - test Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 am
    —
Indeedy

Is ok on tLD though so needs some coordinates fixing...hmmm.. or maybe there is an extra line in the stratmap.txt

will check on that when time permits.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1