How to end battles?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: How to end battles? Author: AiredaleLocation: New Hampshire, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:31 am
    —
I'm playing the GC on CC4. There is no time limit set for the battles. Apparently they end when morale is broken, or all victory positions are taken. The problem is sometimes I don't want to advance and neither does the AI. The only option seems to be to start over or flee since the AI won't accept a truce. Otherwise the battle could be stalemated forever. Any thoughts?

#2: Re: How to end battles? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:21 am
    —
Airedale wrote:
I'm playing the GC on CC4. There is no time limit set for the battles. Apparently they end when morale is broken, or all victory positions are taken. The problem is sometimes I don't want to advance and neither does the AI. The only option seems to be to start over or flee since the AI won't accept a truce. Otherwise the battle could be stalemated forever. Any thoughts?

There must be some time of limit, cant really remember, 15min, 30 min,1 hour...

Mats

#3:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:04 am
    —
Sounds to me like you didnt set a time limit.

No time limit is an option in CCIV.

I made this mistake before as well and it led me to end up losing men/material just to get the battle to end.

I dont know if anyone else can help you but you might be able to hex edit the file and set a time limit or if your not to far into the grand campaign you might just want to start over.

Ofcourse you could just play it out and hope you can get the Amis moral down enough to end the battle.

Sorry if thats not much help.

#4:  Author: AiredaleLocation: New Hampshire, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:04 pm
    —
Yes, that was the problem. I neglected to set a time limit when I started the campaign Embarassed Thanks for the answers

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1