House rules for H2H GC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: House rules for H2H GC Author: Amgot PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:31 pm
    —
Ok, after having (nearly) completed my first H2H TLD GC, I've made a list of house rules that I will try next time I start another TLD GC. I took a few house rule ideas from here and here, and I made up a few myself.

Note that the GC I just played was without Ground Tactics (i.e Paks were nearly immediately destroyed by mortars when in the open) and with a 30min timer, which made the game very hard for the German player.

Difficulty level: Line vs Line
Timer: 15 min
Mod: Ground Tactics 2.0

House rules:

- davidssfx's BG point cap (see here)
- Frozen German units can move on the first day turn (instead of the second)
- Allied Para BGs take one day to reform i.e cannot move during the first day (prevents US para BGs taking control of all maps in the Utah sector on the first day + gives a chance to the 6th FJR to counter-attack)
- On the second and following days, American Para BGs can only select tanks from their roster if they have a clear supply line to Utah. If they have a connection and then are cut-off, they can still use tanks.
- Usual gentlemen's deployment rules (not across rivers, linked to a friendly victory location, respect para random drops)
- On beach maps, Germans cannot set foot on the sand / Allies must start in the water on the first turn of June 6th.
- Night turns reinstated with special rules: no fight is to occur, so players will have to rest all their frontline BGs. Both players can withdraw their BGs if they wish to. They can also relieve an engaged BG, in which case the player who relieved his BG will retake his former positions and then ask for a ceasefire. The Axis player can move his units behind the frontline during night turns as he sees fit: this is to give more tactical flexibility to the Axis player, and is also more historical (German troops fought during the day and moved during the night).
- More realism: restrict full BG relief to night turns only. If the player swaps two BGs during the day, he has to accept vanilla rules i.e all the territory he previously held has become neutral (reflects the difficulty to relieve troops when engaged during the day)

I'm not sure about these ones:

- Beach maps: Allied BGs may not move inland as long as they haven't completely cleaned the map
- No medium and heavy AT guns (i.e everything above 5cm) inside buildings (exceptions: bunkers, ruined buildings, large industrial buildings such as hangars and plants)
- Frontline Allied BGs on beach maps cannot move laterally (i.e cannot move to an adjacent beach map if there still are German troops on their map).

What do you guys think?

#2: Re: House rules for H2H GC Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:44 am
    —
i think I won't remember any of it.

my house rules

Play the game as it comes.

;)

#3: Re: House rules for H2H GC Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11 am
    —
Thanks Amgot,
looks like some clever ways of making things a little more realistic.
I'll have to use some of them next time I go for a GC

#4: Re: House rules for H2H GC Author: Amgot PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:34 pm
    —
Hi davidssfx,

I haven't had a chance to test GT 2.0 yet but I had a simple question about my house rule to reinstate night turns and only using them for relief movements. With GT installed, does editing the Campaign text file in Base folder work as in Vanilla TLD or do you have to edit another specific GT Campaign text file?

#5: Re: House rules for H2H GC Author: Priapus PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:35 pm
    —
I really like your suggestions, I'm a stickler for realism myself. 1 more that springs to mind after my opponent used this questionable tactic; no deployment of ATGs for the allies during beach landings, or at the very least not during the initial scramble off the beach. The allies had a hell of a time getting their amphibious tanks onto the beaches, nevermind ATGs.

#6: Re: House rules for H2H GC Author: Lt_2nd PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 pm
    —
"Allied Para BGs take one day to reform i.e cannot move during the first day (prevents US para BGs taking control of all maps in the Utah sector on the first day + gives a chance to the 6th FJR to counter-attack)"

Good rule, always thought this should have been stock in the TLD GC anyways. Given the D-day the objectives of the of the US Para units, factor in the scattered airdrops and consequently disorganization of US para units, also given the german forces in the area, they were not able and should not be able to leisurely tour the French Countryside.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1