Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:53 am
    —
hey guys!!

I'm back with another update.  From now on, I thought it would be interesting to post updates in the form of diary entries from different soldiers across the front.  Below is my first try at writing these, hope it's decent!

April 23, 1945

The Soviets have us completely surrounded.  We received word today that the 391 Sicherungs Div in Freienwalde willl in all likelyhood withdraw towards Spandau.  This will make the defense of northern Berlin extremely difficult.

The moral of the men has reached a new low.  Somehow, we had held out hope of repelling the Soviets, but I think we all realize the end is near.  What shape or form the end will take, we do not know.  But with every passing hour we feel the darkness approaching.  

Last night, I had a dream.  It's strange, but I don't think I've dreamed in a long time.  I saw mama with a bucket of water down by the old village well.  She had a sad expression on her face.  I went to grab her, but she turned and walked away.  I wonder where mama and papa are right now.  If I ever see them again, will they recognize me?  Will they still love me?  I'm not the same person I used to be.  So many things have changed.

I can't think anymore.  I can't eat anymore.  I can't sleep anymore.  When I close my eyes or when I try to think about the better days of yesterday, all I hear are explosions.  The sound of artillery guns, mortars, and tank shells.  These are my existence now.  I hope this all ends soon.  I don't think I can take it much more.

Mama and Papa...if you still remember me, and if I am still your son despite all this madness, know that I always loved you.  I joined the army for you, I fought for you, and if I die, I die for you.

love always
Oldekop

So I've uploaded the latest campaign update video for April 23, 1945.  The link is below.  As Oldekop mentioned, things are not going well but we will continue fighting until the last man!!!  Again, stay tuned to this thread and my youtube channel as I update almost daily and new material is constantly being posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HEMQx1KHhE

thanks to everyone who's watched and enjoyed my videos!  I appreciate all the kind words you guys have left me!

Very Happy

#22: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 am
    —
Hi Lost Temple.

I have enjoyed watching your videos and eccpecially like your commentaries?

Now that it seems your campaign is almost finished, which mods do you intent to try next?

If you are looking for a challange agaisnt the AI opponent, I reccomend playing the stalingrad trilogy as i believe they are also very challanging for the german player.

If you are looking for a human opponent, which will bring a whole new different kind of challange, I would recommend Utah or GJS as they are well developed and well balanced for multiplayer and are also the most common mods played online therefor it will be easier for you to find a regular opponent for these mods.

Good luck

#23: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: yuma PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:18 am
    —
helluva good last post lost temple....kudos to your writing

#24: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: Hesus PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:33 am
    —
Might want to take a look at this AAR.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=312983

Might be an interesting read and give you some more ideas on a next AAR.

#25: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: yuma PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 pm
    —
thats good stuff too...thanks!

#26: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:09 am
    —
@buuface
thank you for your kind words.  I'm glad you've enjoyed my videos!
well, the campaign is NOT over yet...heheh.  I still believe, maybe foolishly, that I'm going to make it to May 2!

I'm not sure what I'll do in the future, but I do have big plans for my channel.  I do know that at some point, I would like to document a H2H campaign.  But at the same time, there are soo many mods I would like to document before that also!  Yes, the Stalingrad trilogy is definitely high on my list.  I haven't seen vetmods for SDK or SOC, so I really hope Salhexe makes some.  There are many theaters that interest me, so I've begun my initial research so I can choose another badass/fun/difficult mod to play.  Call me a sadist, but I've enjoyed getting my butt kicked on BoB.  So for my next one, I want to feel that same intensity and difficulty Smile  There are already a few mods that stick out from the rest.

@yuma
thank you as well!!!

Always afraid of what people will think of my writing, but good to know at least one person found it interesting! :)

To everyone who's been following this thread or my channel, I want to let you know that April 23, 1945 has seen some of the most insane and entertaining fights yet!  Seriously, it's getting ridiculous!  I uploaded 3 videos yesterday which give you a taste of the chaos and total carnage, but tomorrow I will upload 2 videos that will blow your minds away!

:)

#27: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 am
    —
hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, I've been playing continuously and recording videos, but I haven't had a chance to upload until today :)

As promised, I have uploaded 2 of my most intense and favorite battles up to this point.  Be sure to check them out!  Things are getting bloodier and messy!!!...heheh.  I am having a blast killing russians!  Laughing  

Here is Part 44:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U9RQ3Ndvdg

And Part 45:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Fa5zBQWTA

I will be back with a soldier diary entry once it turns April 24, 1945.  I've also narrowed the list of mods I am considering for next my Grand Campaign.  I will definitely be playing one that has salhexe's vetmod for it....and hopefully next time....I also have some fuel for my vehicles!..haha.

ok...my German troops need me back on the battlefield....so I have to go....but stay tuned for more!!

#28: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: salhexe PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:47 pm
    —
Hey, you used the inset map (F6), bad boy, this help you.  Smile

#29: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm
    —
salhexe wrote (View Post):
Hey, you used the inset map (F6), bad boy, this help you.  Smile

hahah....yes...you got me!!.  But this mod is already extremely hard, so I need just a tiny little bit of help Smile

#30: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 am
    —
continued on next page...

#31: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:08 am
    —
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give a campaign status update.  The following is the state of the campaign as of April 24, 1945 after the massacre at Moabit.   heheh, yes it was a genocide.  I suffered some losses, but I think I killed enough Russians to make Stalin proud.  We all know he liked to kill his own people  Very Happy

#32: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:10 am
    —
And now for a diary/letter entry.  This time from a soldier on the front lines in the northern sector of Moabit.

April 24, 1945

They killed Kuhl yesterday.  Heinz came up and told me a sniper killed him.  I tried to run to see the body, but Heinz grabbed my shoulder and stopped me.  He said there was no point.  I couldn't believe it.  Even now it seems like some cruel lie.  He was the only thing left for me.  The only friend I had.  Nothing matters now.  Nothing.

We expected the Russian advance across the bridge.  Like hyenas at a carcass, they came right on time.  God I wish they would just kill me already.  I want to die out of this nightmare.  And would my death even mean anything.  Will anyone cry for me?  Will anyone remember me?  No.  No they wouldn't.  But it doesn't matter anyway.  I died yesterday with Kuhl.  

We can't hold them much longer.  The collapse of this sector is imminent.  The bridge will be theirs, and this entire city also soon enough.  I was going to share this with Heinz last night.  We were huddled around a small fire and I was about to open my mouth when he said "Don't say it".  I think he knew what I was thinking.  Was he thinking it also? Am I the only one who feels defeated? Am I a coward? I love my country.  I love my people.  But I think I've had just about enough of all this.

These may be my last thoughts.  These may be my last words.  And if they are, I will end simply with this: My name is Fendler.  I was a good man.  A decent man.  I was interesting once you got to know me.  And if you ever needed anything, I tried my best to help you. Until we meet again.

Yours truly
-Fendler

Lastly, keep watching my youtube channel as the battles are heating up and some of the best so far are coming up. The link to my youtube channel where you'll my Close Combat videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CloseCombat5

enjoy and thanks for watching! Smile

#33: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:41 am
    —
hello everyone!!

A small update.  I wanted to let everyone know that I've purchased a new microphone.  The old one was starting to have some issues.

Anyway, just to make sure no part of the campaign is lost, I will be continuing uploading videos once my new microphone arrives.  It should be here in 2 or 3 days.

thanks again for watching! Smile

#34: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:42 am
    —
hey guys

some bad news and some good news.

bad news is i had an accident and suffered a fracture of my left elbow.  the pain has left my arm basically useless.  i decided against having it placed in a cast due to some potential long term motion reduction issues.  i definitely dont want to lose any motion in my arm.

good news is i promise to finish my battle of berlin campaign.  it might be more difficult playing with just one arm....but i intend to forge ahead.  so dont forget to check my channel for more videos.

sorry to any vewers out there.  i was definitely feeling a bit down because of my injury.  the pain is excrutiating, and i haven't been able to sleep the last few nights.  but i believe things happen for a reason, and we all just have to make the best of it

thanks again

#35: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am
    —
thanks for the video, i am big fan of your video aar. please add more game on your youtube channel.

thanks

Last edited by general_solomon on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

#36: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:44 pm
    —
thanks general solomon!

happy to hear you're enjoying my videos.  I'm absolutely loving this mod and the current campaign I'm playing.  I've come a long way with my boys and my soldiers are performing admirably.  We still have a long ways to go however, so we have to stay positive!

Also wanted to give an update.

We are approaching April 25 VERY soon and things are going from bad to worse.  Check out the latest video(link is below) for some of the heaviest and aggressive fighting.  The Russians are placing IMMENSE pressure on my troops, and we may have finally reached a critical point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIMHqDI378U

thanks again to all my viewers! keep watching and may Germany be victorious!

#37: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:41 pm
    —
I'm back with a short update.

To all my viewers, I want to let you know that I will be uploading some of the most RIDICULOUS battles in the campaign so far.  If you thought what you'd seen before was a bloody massacre, the new videos will show you absolute murder and destruction!!!

Things are getting outrageous....heheh.  If you haven't seen the previous videos, make sure you watch those first so you get an idea of the state of the campaign.  It'll help you understand the insanity that's about to come!!

A lot more videos in the days to come!  The link to my youtube channel where you can find all videos of my campaign is:

thanks again for watching and long live Germany!

#38: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 am
    —
you're a real killer Smile)))
show a movie h2h Smile))))

#39: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: salhexe PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:16 pm
    —
Hi
I have finished the gc.The heart of the resistance was the Tiergarten with the flak towers and has worked well.
In the other 2 maps, very few surviving remains holed up in main buildings.

gc b.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.18 KB
 Viewed:  53974 Time(s)

gc b.jpg

#40: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 pm
    —
LostTemple wrote (View Post):
I'm back with a short update.

To all my viewers, I want to let you know that I will be uploading some of the most RIDICULOUS battles in the campaign so far.  If you thought what you'd seen before was a bloody massacre, the new videos will show you absolute murder and destruction!!!

Things are getting outrageous....heheh.  If you haven't seen the previous videos, make sure you watch those first so you get an idea of the state of the campaign.  It'll help you understand the insanity that's about to come!!

A lot more videos in the days to come!  The link to my youtube channel where you can find all videos of my campaign is:

thanks again for watching and long live Germany!

please continue with the updates. I am looking forward to future installments.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3