Egyptian troubles
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Egyptian troubles Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:32 am
    —
Upsetting  to see the damage done at the museum , priceless artefacts of antiquity.
A very desperate people, who would destroy there own history and culture.

#2: Re: Egyptian troubles Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am
    —
30 years of dictatorship probably changes what you think is important?

I hope Mubarak steps down, but I dont think he will go easily.

#3: Re: Egyptian troubles Author: Superkala PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:31 pm
    —
Egyptians have looted their tombs and such for hundreds of years already...theres plenty of people more interested in their own future than the history of the culture they live in(and the collective benefit from having historical relics aka tourism).

#4: Re: Egyptian troubles Author: FMJ PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:09 am
    —
Blackstump wrote (View Post):
Upsetting  to see the damage done at the museum , priceless artefacts of antiquity.

Yup, looks like the police are quite desperate...about to lose their thrones of power and corruption. Also sounds like the people
have been desperate too long and have decided to throw out a dictator and take their country back. You almost seem to be blaming
"the average citizen"...

Bad leadership and corrupt power seem more culpable to me-

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/rights-group-confirms-undercover-police-loot-egyptian-museum/

#5: Re: Egyptian troubles Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 am
    —
FMJ wrote (View Post):
Blackstump wrote (View Post):

Yup, looks like the police are quite desperate...about to lose their thrones of power and corruption. Also sounds like the people
have been desperate too long and have decided to throw out a dictator and take their country back. You almost seem to be blaming
"the average citizen"...

Bad leadership and corrupt power seem more culpable to me-

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/rights-group-confirms-undercover-police-loot-egyptian-museum/  

Im sorry you misunderstood me FMJ...
The sentence " a very desperate people" was meant to imply exactly that.
I understand why they are desperate.
Lets hope, as it seems, the military remain on the side of the people.

#6: Re: Egyptian troubles Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 pm
    —
Camel charges are so heroic. Had not seen one of those in a while.

MUBARAK%20CAMELRIDERS2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.45 KB
 Viewed:  4428 Time(s)

MUBARAK%20CAMELRIDERS2.jpg

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1