WWII The Italian Campaign
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

#1: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:00 pm
    —
Hi,
I used to be a big war gamer with Avalon Hill board war games of which I own 8. One of the best, most interesting and challenging was "Anzio" which was the campaign for Italy during WWII. it was a secondary campaign designed to draw off German resources at Russia's urging for a second front in Europe. The terrain was extremely difficult and the Germans were tough and well dug in.The Allies used a wealth of different troops from different countries  and amphibious landings which didn't help  What I find strange is as far as I know there has been no mod or submod developed using the CC platform. Anyone out there know differently? Why would this be?

Silverpen

#2: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 pm
    —
There used to be a work in progress years ago for CC3.

us.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.67 KB
 Viewed:  15998 Time(s)

us.jpg

#3: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:33 am
    —
Always thought the vehicles previewed for that mod looked great! Too bad the mod was never finished....

#4: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:57 pm
    —
German Units

italygerm.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.94 KB
 Viewed:  15958 Time(s)

italygerm.jpg

#5: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 am
    —
1.who made these vehicles?
2.for what version ... CC5?

#6: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:14 am
    —
It was for cc3. I forgot who made them.

#7: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:47 pm
    —
Moloch maybe?  Italy was a text book example of how to fight a defensive campaign by the Germans.  It gets little attention because it was not at all decisive - the Germans used delaying tactics about as good as anyone... only Pyrrhic victories for the Allies were possible.  Maybe with the loss of Sicily and the subsequent collapse of the Italians as the exception.

#8: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: FFL_KklinkkLocation: Austin, Texas PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:11 pm
    —
ITL_Becca was working on it, and his website is still alive...
http://utenti.multimania.it/Itl_Becca/

#9: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: dj PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:54 pm
    —
The last update to Becca's website was 11 years ago?  I always liked the maps and mods of the FFL and company.  These are just amazing illustrations and maps.
The American vehicles in Tunisia I believe had the Orange stars and stripes painted...instead of the white used later in the war.  Not sure if the stars and stripes were painted white AFTER Sicily or before that operation took place?  That would be a good trivia question.

Man...I wish there was some way to save the data / maps and give it to another mod-maker to complete this.  Also I thought FFL was working on a couple other projects?  For North Africa and Crete?

#10: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 pm
    —
May I suggest Battles in Italy, it's part of the Decisive Battles of World War II series.

#11: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:53 am
    —
those sure are purty tanks... another reason in favour of the slightly larger scale

#12: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
those sure are purty tanks... another reason in favour of the slightly larger scale

I agree
I would think one could get nice looking Sprites then as well.

#13: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 am
    —
Will someone post a pic of some better looking CC tanks?

Looking again at ITL_Becca's artwork tonight I am just blown away. If I was a modder I would immediatly use them for a CC3/COI Italy Mod and give him credit. Its fate, why else has his old site survived!

Beccabanner.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.33 KB
 Viewed:  15837 Time(s)

Beccabanner.jpg

German Army.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.67 KB

German Army.jpg

Italian Royal Army from nov 1942-Sept 8th 1943.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.63 KB

Italian Royal Army from nov 1942-Sept 8th 1943.jpg

These are the veichles for the Free French Army from nov 1942-May 1943.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.5 KB

These are the veichles for the Free French Army from nov 1942-May 1943.jpg

UK Army.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.9 KB

UK Army.jpg

US Army.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.85 KB

US Army.jpg

#14: Re: WWII The Italian Campaign Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:29 am
    —
Was going to say they looked too detailed for CC3 vehicles, even on the close zoom...................

Then i noticed SL's comment on the larger scale vehicles,....AH,... that explains it.

Any future CC relase should use larger scale vehicles for better detail, mmmmmmmmm  nice  Smile

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1