Tanks and their specs
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Tanks and their specs Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:24 am
    —
I had a question about tanks in Close Combat.

How accurate are tanks coded in CC5?  I mean, in real life, tanks have different armor defenses on the front, side, rear, etc.  Is CC5 that accurate a game that it actually takes these things into account?  If so, that's awesome.  Just asking since I don't know much about the internals of the game.

thanks! Smile

#2: Re: Tanks and their specs Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 am
    —
as far as i am aware close combat fully simulates armour placement, quality, angle, and thickness

and about another hundred different values which go into deciding whether a shot will hit, penetrate and knock out an armored target

if you download qclone from this website you can open and look at/edit the the data/base files which will show you all the different values allocated to the various units

#3: Re: Tanks and their specs Author: Superkala PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:44 pm
    —
Yes, tanks are usually strong in front, weaker in sides, very weak to rear. Turrets have their own armour i believe(sometimes a IS-2 will be untargetable facing a AT gun head on, but it swivels the turret to the side and becomes a target)

It seems like tanks with super elite crews and moral have greater toughness than rookie tanks, but thats hard to prove, and probably not hard to find some people to disagree with that. (queue dima or schreck boiling in here ''blah blah numbers statistics blah blah''  Smile )

#4: Re: Tanks and their specs Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm
    —
I think CC also uses a probability formula that produces somewhat random results ... simulating the randomness of real world experiences.
For example ... just because you have best line of sight and first shot, doesn't guarantee the advantage 100 percent of the time.

#5: Re: Tanks and their specs Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:04 pm
    —
thanks everyone!  Those were the answers I was looking for! Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1