VETBoB 71712
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:53 am
    —
Still a Beta and by no means finished,Just thought I'd get it out there and see.
Finding time to work on this hasn't been easy.
VETBoB

Here is a list of changes made so far.

Removed the blue background for all Icons and went with the WaR green background.

Added Erie Wind sound.Sound #84

Brought back the original Schonberg map that first came with WaR.
Swapped the Eifel1 and Eifel2 maps.

Changed the Campaign text file to include Night Battles,Ability to rest BG's,diff-based Artillery,Naval and Air support as well as Supply.Also added Auto-Add remove teams from FP although currently set at 0 for No.

Added one Night Battle for the morning of December 16th in the Grand Campaign.

Recycle or Disbanded BG's never come back.

Some color editing to tanks.

Changed the Main Splash screen,thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Changed the Status Screen again thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Added Medals and the names to the Soldier Screen.CCImages.pix
(soldierscreen.tga)

Increased the SEPOPUP_000.tga from 20 to 25 slots to allow for 25 teams to be displayed.

Changed the SOKILL graphics back to TT's graphics.
(SOKILLGUN_000.tga through SOKILLVEHICLE_000.tga )

Recolored/Removed Timer graphics,by doing so hopefully prevents players from making last minute VL charges.Located in the GameGadg.AZP (TIMECOLON_000.tga through TIMERNUMBER_009.tga)

Recolored/Removed Moral Bar graphics,by doing so prevents opponents from knowing ones exact state of Moral during game.GameGadg
(AMERICANMORALE_000.tga through AMERICANMORALE_010.tga)
And
(GERMANMORALE_000.tga through GERMANMORALE_010.tga)

Changed the "Red" Land-Mine graphics that appear on the .OVM's,Now they are a True White and no longer displayed in the game. I hope you remembered which Maps had Mines !  Laughing

Changed the Scenario Editor Screen(CCImages.pix) to have Historical Dates
Also changed the Buttons.
(SEDAY01_000.tga through SEDAY25_000) rather than # of days.

Changed the Days on the Strategic Map to display Historical Dates rather then # of days.
(STRDAY06_000.tga through STRDAY31_000.tga)

Corrected the Fatigue/Cohesion graphics on the Strategic Map,they are now WAR Green and not CCIV Blue.

Added the 150 Panzer Brigade BG.(Operation Grief)

Added the Brittish 29th Armored Brigade BG.
(The above 2 BG's still need to be added to your GC through the Scenario Editor)

I'm happy to say that Salhexe has done a VET Mod for this Mod but I have not been able to implement it to the game as of yet.
It's requiring a lot more time than I expected to add all his editing to the Data/Base files.
Edit:
I'm not sure if this can be done the way I want it to be.

After that's done the next list of changes wont be for a long time but will be along the lines of  new .OVM's,New Strategic Map,New Debrief Screen,New Scenario Editor Screen.
The new .OVM's will be a smaller version of the ones I did with the Trees overlayed on them to meet those with smaller computer specs and to include Entrance Location's for all current Exit VL's to the next corresponding map.(I think I explained that properly?)

Also tinkering with codding AT_Guns to be Vehicles in order to get those Wrecks to appear.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 am; edited 18 times in total

#2: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:39 am
    —
Thanks platoon_michael...

Real life is busy here too, so I'm not sure when or how much time I'll get playing the mod but I'm definitely grabbing it....

#3: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 am
    —
For those of you who enjoy messing with Data or just want to learn I believe this is as good a place to start as any.
It's big it's bulky but very simplified Excel file I have been working with.
Should also make it very easy to edit the Force Pools.
I would enjoy hearing if the hyperlinks work. (I hope they do)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/31nn0n1k9roco8a/My%20VetBoB%20Conversion.zip

#4: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: yuma PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 am
    —
thanks PM!!

#5: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Edward75Location: Russia, St. Petersburg PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm
    —
Thanks! Great!

#6: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 pm
    —
It's just something for those interested to goof around with.
Don't expect too much and you wont be disappointing.

At least this way I have something uploaded and don't have to worry about loosing anything to god forbid a computer crash.

#7: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pz_Meyer PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:13 pm
    —
it's awesome Platoon Michael, i used the scenario creator and played just one battle so far but it rocks. even have night battles

#8: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:29 am
    —
Thanks.
Still looks a little ugly due to some of the BG_Unit Icons not being changed yet,but that's minor work.
The GS_Unit Icons I may leave with the original blue background as it provides more contrast making them easier to see.

Still hoping someone can have a look at the Uniforms.

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.51 KB
 Viewed:  28885 Time(s)

UO0013.jpg

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.56 KB
 Viewed:  28885 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

#9: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:45 am
    —
Hard to find good Troop Icons.
I also added a pretty good eerie wind to the Ambient sounds.
Once completed I'll doo a good list of changes like Tejszd does for Meuse.

UO0017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.8 KB
 Viewed:  28878 Time(s)

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.41 KB
 Viewed:  28878 Time(s)

UO0018.jpg

#10: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 am
    —
Try using the TLD icons or something. I think they escaped into the domain.

They are not as nice as the original CC4 icons, but you can mod them easily for the new stuff.

#11: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:09 pm
    —
I really dislike the look of those.

I'll just keep searching the internet.

#12: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pz_Meyer PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:15 pm
    —
mine works, however i seem to crash due to a sound problem, may be my sound card. tried to update the drivers but had problems with dell dl center.  something about not enough sound memory. other wise it's a blast to play, i completely forgot how devastating the calliope was.

#13: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:34 am
    —
Do you get any sound like Weapons the clicking of buttons etc etc.
The Eerie Wind.WAV was pretty big,I wonder if it's too big?

#14: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 am
    —
Check back late this week.
I'll replace that sound and you can try that out.

I made the wind .wav file very large as it would then be able to cover a .30 minute battle.

#15: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
    —
Found everything needed to complete/replace all the BG_Unit Icons today. :)

Now to re size/Edit/Recolor them and get them in the game. :(

Anyone else having a problem with the Sounds?

#16: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pz_Meyer PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:31 pm
    —
if i turn the sound off then it works perfectly. i still think i have a driver problem

#17: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:37 am
    —
nice work man

in a single battle as german, i used air support, but nothing happened... the gun crew left their gun, but i saw no air plane attack?????

and can't forward observers not being configured so they can be usefull in buildings?

#18: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 am
    —
The only Air Support the Germans have is through the default option from WAR.
Any idea what type of plane it was?.I guess it could be an error on my part.

If you were playing as the Allies and saw no planes that can come from one of the 2 soldiers being killed (looking into making that a 1 man Team instead of a 2 man Team).Might help me with making the Planes run and timing of the explosions look better.

I've been thinking about re-configuring FO's so that they may fire from buildings but that option was not available in TT's original Mod.
There is 1 Axis team that can fire Nebelwefers without LOS but not sure if he can fire from a building.I'll look into it.
In the original VETBoB by TT that was not an option.I do atleast think they should be able to fire Smoke from a building.
I'm afraid if I do that the Mod will be labeled as being to heavy with the support.
I believe the support teams were used in VETBoB to overcome the inability to Hex Edit the support in CCIV.I left them in there despite that not being a problem in WAR just to be true to the Mod.
The Force Pools are also in no way shape or form completed,while most of them are as close to original to the Mod I have changed quite a few based solely on game-play and a the simple fact that I want to see everything in my FP thats fun to play with. Smile
A few FP's need to be well how should I say?..better done.

Also some of the Schreks don't fire from a building just so you know.

Next update will have all the proper graphics for the BG_Unit Icons.

#19: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
The only Air Support the Germans have is through the default option from WAR.
Any idea what type of plane it was?.I guess it could be an error on my part.

If you were playing as the Allies and saw no planes that can come from one of the 2 soldiers being killed (looking into making that a 1 man Team instead of a 2 man Team).Might help me with making the Planes run and timing of the explosions look better.

I've been thinking about re-configuring FO's so that they may fire from buildings but that option was not available in TT's original Mod.
There is 1 Axis team that can fire Nebelwefers without LOS but not sure if he can fire from a building.I'll look into it.
In the original VETBoB by TT that was not an option.I do atleast think they should be able to fire Smoke from a building.
I'm afraid if I do that the Mod will be labeled as being to heavy with the support.
I believe the support teams were used in VETBoB to overcome the inability to Hex Edit the support in CCIV.I left them in there despite that not being a problem in WAR just to be true to the Mod.
The Force Pools are also in no way shape or form completed,while most of them are as close to original to the Mod I have changed quite a few based solely on game-play and a the simple fact that I want to see everything in my FP thats fun to play with. Smile
A few FP's need to be well how should I say?..better done.

Also some of the Schreks don't fire from a building just so you know.

Next update will have all the proper graphics for the BG_Unit Icons.

In my opinion it has to do with realism... firing a panzerschreck/bazooka from narrow spaced buildings can be very dangerous for the shooter, same for firing a mortar inside a building. Very Happy
a forward observer does not fire himself, he only observe and give fire missions/ fire corrections to the mortar teams

and regarding the air support... i had the option in a single battle, but there wasn't even no plane... the only thing i saw was the yellow smoke  Laughing

#20: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am
    —
I do have graphics in there for all the Planes,and it appears that the data looks OK.
Any chance you remember what type of Plane it was?

#21: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:17 pm
    —
today i tried to connect online but the game constantly froze
tried out of gameranger, firewall off  Confused

#22: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 am
    —
With an opponent who also had the Mod?
If so maybe I need to look into the issue I have read about others having problems with the splash screen being changed on tLD I think it was.

Something like that.

Anything specific seem to make it freeze up?

I'm very sorry to hear that.
I don't feel that any of the editing I did was enough to warrent not being able to play online.
But it is all new to me,and I hope everyone understands it's still in a Beta phase.

And after playing a few Battles last night for the first time in months I see I didn't fix the German Assualt Badge medal nor the listing of them on the Solder screen  Crying or Very sad
I was experimenting with increasing the size of Medals and it appears the game doesn't like that.

Are either of you using my new .OVM's with Trees?
The HUGE size of those files might be causing a problem.

Working 2 jobs now just to make ends meet so it will be some time before I get around to messing with anything.
I just thought a few people might enjoy poking around with it.

The graphics on page 1 of this thread were supplied from the game Company of Hero's and the mod Battle of the Bulge.
Fellas name is Halftrack.
few other files in that Mod I may upload later on down the road.

This mod does come with a Music file for those of you who have an interest.

#23: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 am
    —
Have you changed the maps from original retail release?

If not, you can get the OVM's and mini maps here... they are the correct size..  http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/minimaps/WaR_ovm_mmm.zip

#24: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:17 pm
    —
With an opponent who also had the Mod?
If so maybe I need to look into the issue I have read about others having problems with the splash screen being changed on tLD I think it was.

Something like that.

Anything specific seem to make it freeze up?

I'm very sorry to hear that.
I don't feel that any of the editing I did was enough to warrent not being able to play online.
But it is all new to me,and I hope everyone understands it's still in a Beta phase.

And after playing a few Battles last night for the first time in months I see I didn't fix the German Assualt Badge medal nor the listing of them on the Solder screen  Crying or Very sad
I was experimenting with increasing the size of Medals and it appears the game doesn't like that.

Are either of you using my new .OVM's with Trees?
The HUGE size of those files might be causing a problem.

Working 2 jobs now just to make ends meet so it will be some time before I get around to messing with anything.
I just thought a few people might enjoy poking around with it.

The graphics on page 1 of this thread were supplied from the game Company of Hero's and the mod Battle of the Bulge.
Fellas name is Halftrack.
few other files in that Mod I may upload later on down the road.

This mod does come with a Music file for those of you who have an interest.

I shall test it with some more people... but thus far everything was ok as far as i know and the game constantly froze...

some bugs
schonberg: map on the strategic screen does not correspondent with the real map. The map you play on is the original, the one in the strategic screen is the one of the original vetbob.

Meyerode: i'm sorry i have no pic, but something strange happened with the deployment zone. US troops had 3 VL's, the central town and 2 VL's above. this was also shown in the strategic screen but i went to that map to start the battle, US troops were able to deploy on a small strip from West to East on the entire map (through the Meyerode forest)

The pathing of vehicles seems to became worser (especially after hitting start, most of them start to turn and take other positions by themselves), and they often leave the road to get stuck in the forest  Confused

And can you check 25mm Flak on the FlakPanzer 38(t), weaponcirkle became allready black after 50m or so...

and as last a suggestion... please give forward observers of 60mm mortars some more rounds at the same time (2 or even 3) but 2 seems perfect to me.

grtz

#25: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:18 pm
    —
Maps:
I didn't upload anything Map wise going with the theory that it would be one less thing to trouble shoot.
I've been experimenting with adding VL's to maps in hopes of getting the AI to advance better both during game-play and advancing on the Strategic Map with mixed results so far.
The current Schonberg map is horrible looking and has codding issues(I.E. A house appears out of nowhere)
So I am going with the original that came with WAR,that's why the graphic is different.

Meyerode:
If you exchange BG's on a map during a GC and the NEW BG enters from an area NOT previously controlled by the last BG you get some very mixed up results of what VL's are in your control and this does not show up on the preview screen.
You can also use this method to really destroy your opponent as if you can enter from the opposite end of the map you previously held it leaves them with little map in there control.I consider it a huge bug and to be honest cheating.
It has been around since CCIV and is most likely in CCV as well.
I have pointed it out to the Matrix team but not sure if it's something they can fix.

Vehicle Pathing:
Cant answer that at this time.

FlakPanzer 38(t)
Many of TT's Close,Medium and Long Range settings for Weapons did NOT get approved in the Formula section of the Workbook for WAR forcing me to have to figure out how to edit them.
I will look into it,This may not be the only one you find either as I still get confused on how it works.
I'll compare TT's to WAR and come up with an answer.

60MM F.O.'s
I have known of this one,Just can't decide on what a good number is yet.
Currently it is kinda annoying with having very few rounds.
Might go with 2 different Teams here.
One that has a low Number of rounds early in the GC and another that has more rounds later in the GC.

You will also notice in this Beta that playing as the Allies you do NOT get any British BG's or Teams.
The reason being is that in the original Mod there was a stacking of BG's due to the limited amount of BG's that was in CCIV.
I need to add this through the workbook and requires a bit more work.
By doing it this way it again gives me less to trouble shoot at this time but WILL be implemented along with a few Vehicles from the 4.02 version TT did.

And later on in the GC when the Allies get Captured ATGuns there is a sound error.
I.E. the Team uses German speech.I believe this is an original bug.
Easy fix just took me awhile to figure it out.

#26: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 pm
    —
FYI:
One thing I have seen a LOT of is that Savaging for Weapons is very effective in WAR.
If your Sniper Team or other Soldiers run out of Ammo just run over to a dead team and they WILL pick up other Weapons and shoot.

#27: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm
    —
The porting to tLD, is it a matter of just treating tLD as WaR and installing everything as is, or does some extra editing is required? as I understand WaR and tLD are pretty similar and the file formats are the same so it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't know for sure.

#28: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 pm
    —
I don't know about that Pzt Kanov (All this is work is new to me)

I do remember schrecken posting that it should only take about 20 minutes to import VETBoB into WAR.
Currently I probably have several hundred hours.  Laughing

#29: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:40 am
    —
Pzt_Kanov,

As long the mod was made for the latest version of WAR you should be able to manually take the VetBob WAR mod directory and copy it to TLD. Create a new shortcut to start TLD using the mod directory and you will be playing the mod on TLD....

Only problem I know of right now is that for mods the commander pictures are not placed in the exact same location.

#30: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 am
    —
Pzt_Kanov,
There shouldn't be any problem with the commander pictures as I reduced the images to 1X1 pixels due to that error.
I believe I need an updated RTBTool to correct this error,as well as many others.
Not sure if it was fixed in the last patch for WAR.I wasn't willing to be the Guinea pig of figuring it out.

The placement error comes from the Force Pool being expanded from 20 to 25 slots.

#31: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:57 pm
    —
Just a small detail:

I need the maps.  Laughing

#32: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:15 am
    —
I'm still having "Major" problems finding a Real photograph any even anything remotely close to acceptable to replace this Icon.
I have Googled just about every option I could think of.

Any chance someone here could help?

BGUNIT162_001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.44 KB
 Viewed:  11715 Time(s)

BGUNIT162_001.jpg

#33: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:57 pm
    —
I have these two images do not sublime

stugIII150pz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17 KB
 Viewed:  11698 Time(s)

stugIII150pz.jpg

stugusa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.77 KB
 Viewed:  11698 Time(s)

stugusa.jpg

#34: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:17 am
    —
Thanks for the help.
After re-reading my post for help I see I shouldnt have said real photograph.
So far all the images I have used have come from Models.
Sorry

I'm looking more for a color image like this with a shot from the front/side.
Very difficult to find.

BGUNIT025_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.24 KB
 Viewed:  11671 Time(s)

BGUNIT025_000.jpg

stug3g_jkleerebezem3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.36 KB
 Viewed:  11671 Time(s)

stug3g_jkleerebezem3.jpg

#35: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 pm
    —
Other pictures and drawings.

m_DRA6561.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.87 KB
 Viewed:  11639 Time(s)

m_DRA6561.jpg

malmedy_StuGIII_thumb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.56 KB

malmedy_StuGIII_thumb.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1837.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.81 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1837.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1836.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.04 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1836.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1835.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.25 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1835.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1834.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.57 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1834.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1833.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.95 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1833.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1831.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.37 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1831.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1830.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.99 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1830.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1829.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.61 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1829.jpg

10_th.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.04 KB

10_th.jpg

uwar_tysk_mat_1828.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.47 KB

uwar_tysk_mat_1828.jpg

#36: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:23 pm
    —
Got a link for Image 10_th?

The others I have found just didn't like.

#37: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:30 pm
    —
Not remember sorry, but here new

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=64453

#38: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:53 pm
    —
Thanks for the Help
I think I'm happy with this unless I find one better.
I have like 70 more Icons to go.
Assuming I don't go beyond what TT's original Mod had,But I got a feeling I will for the veteran tanks.
I don't want to see the same Icon used for two different Tanks. I.E. olive Drab Sherman,Winter Camo Sherman/w sandbags.

That will be the next update hopefully in the next month.
From there I'll see about getting the Brits involved.

Untitled-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.37 KB
 Viewed:  11522 Time(s)

Untitled-1.jpg

#39: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 pm
    —
Just messing around here,
What do you think?
I changed the Tiger from yellow/green to more of a red camo and am experimenting with Zons M20

am20ht_norm_hull_but.tex_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.2 KB
 Viewed:  11489 Time(s)

am20ht_norm_hull_but.tex_000.jpg

gtiger_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.41 KB

gtiger_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg

Test 1 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.04 KB

Test 1 copy.jpg

#40: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 pm
    —
The Tiger looks better on that redish fur. My favorite scheme was the brown one in Real Red and this kind of reminds me of that.

what technique did you use to re-paint it??

#41: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:37 pm
    —
I used Color Balance on both MidTones and Highlights.
Then I used Filter/Reduce Noise to help take the Blurriness of it out.
Then I adjusted the Curves just slightly.

Best thing about the Brown/Red Camo is that the vehicles hide very well under all the Leafless trees.

I also redid the Panther M-10,It was just way too Green for me.I've done quite a few others as well.
I believe we will see the M26 Pershing as well.

am4a3jumbo-EL_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.07 KB
 Viewed:  11732 Time(s)

am4a3jumbo-EL_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg

gPanther-M10_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.26 KB
 Viewed:  11732 Time(s)

gPanther-M10_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg

#42: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 pm
    —
They look a lot better with that washed out look.

#43: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:11 pm
    —
keep up the good work.....looking forward to the finished product  Very Happy

#44: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:18 pm
    —
I had hoped to be done with the BG_Unit Icons by this week but that's just NOT going to happen.
The last 20 or 30 of them are just getting very hard to find,so I thought maybe I could just tease you with what I have so far.
Some of them may not make this final cut either.
Finding the Shermans with Just Sandbags and then ones with good Winter camo is not easy as you can see.
Hard to believe that all of these came from Model builders.
Those guys do a hell of a great job when working on their hobby.

Next Update.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  272.95 KB
 Viewed:  11685 Time(s)

Next Update.jpg

#45: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:35 am
    —
Almost done with these thank goodness.

BG_UNIT ICONS#2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  256.85 KB
 Viewed:  11644 Time(s)

BG_UNIT ICONS#2.jpg

#46: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:07 am
    —
What photo's would you consider to be the most recognized for this campaign?
Sort of a must have if one was doing some editing to the DBVICTORYIMAGE
And maybe new back ground graphics?

#47: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:43 am
    —
Was going to hold this off as a big surprise,but who am I actually holding it back from?
I don't see many people participating in the WAR forums these days.

Obviously it's not finished but I think you can all see where were going with this.
What I do not know yet is if there is a tool that will use the new .EXE properly in order for everyone to be able to use this or if you guys will have to do a manual install?
I am assuming that a manual install would get you past the GameRanger issue with Mods (If I understand that correctly) and be able to play online?
Am I correct in understanding that?

A massive,MASSIVE Thank-You needs to go to both Mafi for his updated RTBTool.
And to AT_Stalky  
Not me.

UO0021.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.18 KB
 Viewed:  11699 Time(s)

UO0021.jpg

#48: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 am
    —
Hmm
I thought you guys would get a kick out of that.
Maybe I should have waited ?

Once completed you wont see any of the Old buttons and you wont see any buttons until you scroll over the sign.
As seen here when you scroll over the Malmedy part of the sign.
I've heard the argument that new players will find it too confusing,but it is after all called a VET Mod.

Gone will be the Credits and the Boot Camp buttons as for one I don't have enough room and two I don't think anyone uses them anyways.

UO0025.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.7 KB
 Viewed:  11674 Time(s)

UO0025.jpg

#49: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:39 pm
    —
Looks great, I like it when the buttons get integrated into the background.

Will the other 3 buttons be hidden too?

Don't be put off by the lack of responses though, we are like 10 regulars that post nowadays but there are hundred others that just download and play the games.

#50: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:37 pm
    —
Yes the others will be hidden as well,just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I need to hit the Lottery.

Or maybe I could hit my Dad Arnold up for some cash? Laughing

#51: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:45 pm
    —
Good work. I know what you feel with the lack of returns (a little as all the last CC modders in fact)...

#52: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 am
    —
It'll be OK
I may have a lot of time into this but it certainly doesn't compare to what you guys did with Stalingrad.

Besides
According to QM over at the Matrix forums:
Keep your eye on CC maps Eric, there is a new hybrid CC/GE x breed kicking around now (soon). Just gotta get that minimum level of focus down to say 100m on GE and all will be fuuuuurfect.

So I guess were going the way of the Dodo

BUT

Dumb Luck prevailed today and I found not 1 but 2 images of the Panther disguised as an M10.
May have to create another Tank just to make use of the winter camo now.
Now if I could just find a few more pictures of the Op. Grief variants all will be good.

German Panther Ausf. G posing as US M10 Tank Destroyer 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.11 KB
 Viewed:  11581 Time(s)

German Panther Ausf. G posing as US M10 Tank Destroyer 2.jpg

German Panther Ausf. G posing as US M10 Tank Destroyer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.43 KB
 Viewed:  11581 Time(s)

German Panther Ausf. G posing as US M10 Tank Destroyer.jpg

#53: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:04 pm
    —
>I may have a lot of time into this but it certainly doesn't compare to what you guys did with Stalingrad.

2 years of work and it is not finished! ;)

>Besides
<According>Keep your eye on CC maps Eric, there is a new hybrid CC/GE x breed kicking around now (soon). Just gotta get that minimum level of focus down to say >100m on GE and all will be fuuuuurfect.

I have also seen this thread but I have not understood it!:s

#54: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: robert_pl PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:20 pm
    —
I do not understand it neither. :)

Who is QM? And does GE mean Generals Edition?

#55: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:50 am
    —
What do I need in order to get the Mod.ico and the Modinstaller.ico to be displayed when using Mod Installer?

#56: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 am
    —
Great Mainscreen, looking good! :D

#57: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:46 am
    —
This is TT's Vet Mod from BoB ported to WaR, right? I played TT's Vet Mod on CC3 and enjoyed it, sure wish that could get ported to COI. Does anyone know TT? Is he still active in CC?

Yes, that mainscreen looks great. Nice work platoon_michael.

#58: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:18 am
    —
This is TT's Vet Mod from BoB ported to WaR, right?
That is correct,with some minor editing.
Mostly touching up some vehicles and changing a lot of the BG_Unit Icons.(see other pages in this thread) hoping to give it a fresh look.
Also going to be more changes as time permits.

Does anyone know TT? Is he still active in CC?
Last time I spoke to him he hadn't been into CC in a long time.

Thanks for the compliments.

#59: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:33 pm
    —
Finally got to be able to create Icons to use with Bernards Mod Installer.
(I put them all on one screen shot rather than post 3 pics)
Also figured I'd just go with calling it TT's VETBoB

Fixed the extra large sound file that seemed to mess up ones computer,still has the Erie Wind sound it just isn't 30 minutes long now.
All the BG_Unit Icons are done.
Added the Original Schonberg map,now match's the Strategic Map preview.
Brought back the Commander Pictures (although currently it displays his attributes) Hope to be able to use Photos down the road.
Expanded the amount of Icons that can be used,was originally at 175 and currently I'm up to over 200.No more having 1 Image for multiple uses.

Unfortunately both the Commander Pics and the new Main Screen require a Mod Installing tool that can use a new.EXE
due to the fact that changing the size of those files and relocating them with Mafi's RTBTool edits the .EXE
I spoke to bernard and he thinks it can be done but that RL has him very busy at the moment.
I've been half tempted to just try it and see if it already works,just haven't had the nerve to see if anything goes BOOM! :)

I need to work on the Data part of the Mod to include new BG's but every time I look at that I just sigh,maybe once summers over.
I just can't seem to get my mind into doing it.
I guess another someday hopeful dream would be to be able to blow the bridge at Trois Ponts but it sounds like everything would have to be ported into LSA. I don't know if I really want to start all over again. :(

Hopefully a new update will be coming in the next few months just to correct the current issues.

Mod Installer icons.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  174.69 KB
 Viewed:  11483 Time(s)

Mod Installer icons.jpg

#60: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 pm
    —
There is now a Modswap version.
This has all the BG_Unit_Icons and the corrected sound file.
I've read where this can be played through GameRanger but I have yet to try it.

Still more to go but is very playable.
Just be sure to name your GC so as to not confuse it with other Mod GC's

TT's VETBoB

The ModSwap program can be found here at CCS
ModSwap

Any and all feedback is much appreciated regardless of whether it's good or bad.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total

#61: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 am
    —
Hey platoon_michael,

If you resize the CC4 commander pics to match the TLD standard size the WAR will default them to the right position and allow for all unit locations to be used. In working on Meuse to move it to TLD I resized the commander pics and use the TLD mod files with WAR. For the buttons I would move them to match TLD/WAR so that you do not need a different exe....

#62: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Hey platoon_michael,

If you resize the CC4 commander pics to match the TLD standard size the WAR will default them to the right position and allow for all unit locations to be used. In working on Meuse to move it to TLD I resized the commander pics and use the TLD mod files with WAR. For the buttons I would move them to match TLD/WAR so that you do not need a different exe....

Is this even with the expansion I did to the SEPOPUP_000.tga to be able to display 25 teams?
What is the size of tLD's commander pics?
And is this an actual pic or the text displaying the commanders attributes etc etc?

Can't do nothing about the buttons.
They have to match the road sign otherwise the image just doesn't provide the effect I was looking for.
It's just way too cool of an idea not to have.
Not to mention all the work that went into colorizing a Black and White photo.

The current Modswap version does not yet have the new .EXE
It's said by schrecken that Modswap will support a new.EXE but I haven't tested it yet.

#63: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:29 am
    —
You still need the expansion to show 25 teams, for Meuse I started with TLD so I have the expanded team list that way.

The commander pics in TLD are 128 pixels width by 55 pixels high.

Have to agree the play game button / sign is a neat idea but yes to keep an updated exe is required.

#64: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 pm
    —
I would love to see a screen shot of how your doing this.
I don't own tLD to just fire it up and look.

Reason being is I just don't see how your not covering up the commanders name.
I assumed that was a graphic located in the gamegadg but apparently not.
I also don't understand how your not having to relocate the image with the RTBTool in order for it to not cover up the expanded SEPOPUP_000.tga image. (maybe they fixed that for tLD?)
So now I have 2 questions
1)Where is the commanders name located? (somewhere in the .EXE or a .dll file)
2)Is it possible to remove/relocate it?

Going by your dimensions of 128X55 would cover his name up completely.(White Box)
I was going with 74X67, (or less,I was still testing this out) (Attributes box)
But even then it's going to cover up the commander name.

I see that the RTBTool is not able to display/relocate the commanders name so I'm assuming there is no graphic to edit.

The only  options I can see if one wanted to see the commanders name would be to redo the entire Battle Group screen, a task I'm not interested in doing.
or add his name to the new 128X55 image

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.12 KB
 Viewed:  9340 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

#65: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm
    —
Crying or Very sad
I see I used the wrong Tanks.azp file.
Looks like I used the original and not the one with the color editing I did to a few of the tanks.
Oh well     maybe next time.

Not that anythings wrong with it,It just didn't include the reddish Tiger.
Been messing around with a possible Winter Camo as well.

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.75 KB
 Viewed:  9325 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

#66: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:03 am
    —
I would love to see a screen shot of how your doing this.
I don't own tLD to just fire it up and look.

Reason being is I just don't see how your not covering up the commanders name.
I assumed that was a graphic located in the gamegadg but apparently not.
I also don't understand how your not having to relocate the image with the RTBTool in order for it to not cover up the expanded SEPOPUP_000.tga image. (maybe they fixed that for tLD?)
So now I have 2 questions
1)Where is the commanders name located? (somewhere in the .EXE or a .dll file)
2)Is it possible to remove/relocate it?

The commanders comes Bgroups.txt and the exe writes over top if the other images including the commanders picture. So you do not have to remove/relocate it. I do not believe Mafi has updated his tool to edit the location within the exe that specifies where the commanders name is written.

Note: the Win7 App preview has the WAR icon but the text states it is now running as TLD. Must be how the mod compatibility in WAR for TLD mods was done.

Last edited by Tejszd on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

WAR Meuse Mod.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  307.48 KB
 Viewed:  9224 Time(s)

WAR Meuse Mod.jpg

#67: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:08 pm
    —
Thanks Tejszd
I didn't understand the part where it says Note:
the preview has the WAR icon believes it is now running as TLD. Must be how the mod compatibility in WAR for TLD mods was done.

Updates in this are ModSwap version are:

Changed many of the Tank,Vehicle and Gun Icons.

Removed the blue background for all Icons and went with the WaR green background.

Added Erie Wind sound.Sound #84

Brought back the original Schonberg map that first came with WaR.

Changed the Campaign text file to include Night Battles,Ability to rest BG's,diff-based Artillery,Naval and Air support as well as Supply.Also added Auto-Add remove teams from FP although currently set at 0 for No.

Added one Night Battle for the morning of December 16th in the Grand Campaign.

Recycle or Disbanded BG's never come back.

Some color editing to tanks.(To come)

Changed the Main Splash screen,thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Changed the Status Screen again thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Added Medals and the names to the Soldier Screen.(Will add British medals once the BG's are implemented)

Increased the SEPOPUP_000.tga from 20 to 25 slots to allow for 25 teams to be displayed.

Changed the SOKILL graphics back to TT's graphics (No More U-Haul truck)

Recolored Timer graphics,by doing so hopefully prevents players from making last minute VL charges.(coming)

Recolored Moral Bar graphics,by doing so prevents opponents from knowing ones exact state of Moral during game.(coming)

Bringing Back the crocodile with the Flame Trailer (coming)

Changed the JagdTiger (coming)

I'll see if I can get the Tanks  and timer changes added and change the download by tonight.

gJagT After.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.86 KB
 Viewed:  9202 Time(s)

gJagT After.jpg

gJagT Before.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.19 KB

gJagT Before.jpg

BCrocodile_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.29 KB

BCrocodile_norm_hull_but.tex.jpg

#68: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:47 pm
    —
Also changed the M20 Armored Utility Car

I used Zons M20
I increased it in size and did some color editing to it so it isnt exactly the same.
(I had asked for permission when he first did his Metal Mod tanks,I hope he remembers and is OK with it?)

from left to right

1st M20 is Zon's original
2nd one is the New Vehicle
3rd one was TT's M20

New M20 Armored Utility Car.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.53 KB
 Viewed:  9193 Time(s)

New M20 Armored Utility Car.jpg

#69: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:30 pm
    —
Also re-sized the Hummel and the Nashorn
Maybe now they don't look so Alien like?

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.03 KB
 Viewed:  9183 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

#70: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 pm
    —
great work! Some people are reluctant for big size vehicles but I find them very good. keep up the good work!

#71: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 pm
    —
Thanks
I may have went too far with it though (I actually reduced them)

When you pair it up with the Panther it looks too big.
hard to find a site that has blueprints on the same scale for me.

got any?

#72: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 pm
    —
the usual site for blueprints are blueprint site or this one suurland. You can find also blueprints in magazine. For the scale, I have, for the Stalingrad mod, used the 10 pix by meter scale (I know it's big) : so for the drawings, I search first the correct sizes (length of width) , then I resize the blueprint at the right scale.

Normaly you can't go wrong so.

#73: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:25 pm
    —
Those look very,very nice.

What do you mean you search for the correct size?

#74: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:52 am
    —
Very nice vehicle Manoi!

Platoon_michael, I updated the note in my post.

Note: the Win7 App preview has the WAR icon but the text states it is now running as TLD. Must be how the mod compatibility in WAR for TLD mods was done.

#75: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 am
    —
Those look very,very nice.

What do you mean you search for the correct size?

I look for the real size datas of each vehicle and apply them to the blueprint --> so you can no more have diparities between your vehicles. I do the same for fixed elements or vehicles drawn on my maps.

#76: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 am
    —
I'll give that a shot.
I've been trying my luck at creating some Tank/Vehicle graphics but haven't had much luck.
I was trying to use this site but never liked  the results.

WWII Drawings

#77: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:50 pm
    —
Now that I got the 29th Armored Brigade I added the British medals to the Soldier Screen

soldierscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  215.53 KB
 Viewed:  10220 Time(s)

soldierscreen.jpg

#78: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:38 pm
    —
Got the Voice file from LSA installed so it has the British accents.
May need to redo the Soldier Screen and the medals as they look kinda blurry to me.

Hmmm,Just noticed the drop shadow switched on me while I wasn't looking.

UO0023.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.02 KB
 Viewed:  10209 Time(s)

UO0023.jpg

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.89 KB

UO0020.jpg

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  742.78 KB

UO0019.jpg

#79: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:44 am
    —
Welcome the 150 Panzer Brigade to WaR
Views from playing as Allies and Axis

Needs a little more touching up,but coming soon.

UO0028.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.25 KB
 Viewed:  10181 Time(s)

UO0028.jpg

UO0027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.95 KB
 Viewed:  10181 Time(s)

UO0027.jpg

#80: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:59 pm
    —
Looking good platoon_michael!!!

#81: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:54 pm
    —
After months of not working on the Mod I've finally got the time/itch to make more adjustments.

I don't know if anyone has played the Beta except me so im assuming no one is experiencing any errors?
Currently I've still been working on the BG_Unit Icons as the Winter Camo for most Allied tanks just looks too ghostly.
2nd is the Force Pools playing the Counter Offensive Campaign and the GC I see they need massive editing currently there's just too much and BG's don't ever get whittled down.

I need help from any German speaking fans too.
I need to know whats the best translation for a Rifle squad  a Recon Squad and a Command Jeep to add to the 150 Panzer Brigade.
Currently the BG is pretty boring.

When I use a translator I come up with Schützeneinheit for Rifle squad.
I'm not sure about the other 2 as the translation is almost the same.
I'm just curious if it fits in with the other names TT has for the Op. Grief like....
Jägertrupp
BeutePSW amerik. M8 Greyhound
Beute-HalbkettenFzg amerik. M-3
BeutePz 748(a) amerik. M4A3 Sherman
Beute-Jagdpanzer amerik. M10

The other problem I don't like is that Tanks get destroyed by hand grenades despite the fact that I've never edited them.
I'm not sure where to look for the solution.
Is it?
A) The grenades have somehow been edited to be too powerful
or
B) The Top Armor values are set too low?

I didn't change any armor values either.
Is this something that people see when playing the Stock game? I don't know haven't played a stock WAR game in eons.

Thanks for any/all help you can provide.

Edit:
Need a translation for a Rifle Half Squad.

#82: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 pm
    —
12 hours of steady playing.
I suggest setting the GC to have every AI BG on the map from Day 1 turn 1.
Otherwise you just don't fight enough of them.
I seen many cases through the save game editor that the Allies only had 4 maybe 5 BG's on the map.
Also suggest having Recycle Disbanded BGs return on (Shame it couldnt work for just the AI only)

UO0063.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.5 KB
 Viewed:  10215 Time(s)

UO0063.jpg

#83: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 am
    —
Great suggestion on recycling BG's just applying to the AI !!!

#84: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:09 pm
    —
Updated Link in original post.
The new link gives you the most up to date version of the Mod.
I still consider it to be a Beta but other then the Matrix bug that when crashes removes your save game file I have seen no issues.

You can get around that until they fix it by saving and renaming after every battle during your Grand Campaign.
(I.E. 1,2,3,4,5,etc etc )
You will just have to load play the last saved game file before the crash over until the game will let you progress.

#85: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 pm
    —
I can't recall the thread but is there still an issue on Game Ranger if one changes the Main Screen?

And was this due to using bernards Mod Installer or Mod Swap?

Thanks

#86: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:20 pm
    —
Yes, Game Ranger has a problem if the main screen is changed as it seems to use a 4 pixel square as it is starting point for hitting some buttons for the players and if the color does not match it does not work.

The problem is with Game Ranger.

#87: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am
    —
This Vetmod is really nice and apologize for not posting on it sooner, though have been constantly reading all the topics about it over the last few months...

I have had a bug the last version and happened 2x.. The "no troops" for a battle group, 424/106 ID both times have been cut off and come back, yet show no units and of course this always seems to crash a campaign.. Have seen this with other campaigns in WAR also.. Anyone know the cause? Was really into this vetmod 2x, before having to restart.

Thx

#88: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 am
    —
That almost sounds like an old WAR Matrix bug when the game first came out.
Have u updated ur WAR to the latest patch?

#89: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 pm
    —
That almost sounds like an old WAR Matrix bug when the game first came out.
Have u updated ur WAR to the latest patch?

Hi,

That is the oddest thing. My disk even came with 4.50.14 already installed. I went ahead, installed the patch again on one of Nomada's campaigns this happened on but ran into it and here it is again. The only one never see it on i e boring stock GC's

Edit:

My disk is a legal one also if "other" ones have problems.

#90: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:17 pm
    —
This is not a Nomada mod.

#91: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:58 am
    —

Apologies for the confusion. Just meant to say that had the issue with his WAR 1.04B mod also with the 4.50.14 patch.

Had it with the latest TTVetbob also from the link in this topic.

Thx. I understand nothing is perfect in this world and I reapplied the patch and am trying Vetbob again.

#92: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:23 am
    —
No problem,
Just thought maybe it got confused.
Thank-you very much for the input.
I've played a lot and haven't seen that bug.
You said you played many other Campaigns,Were those with this Mod,Stock WAR,other Mods when you seen this?
I didn't understand if it meant other Mods or other Campaigns within this Mod.

I'm currently redoing the Force Pools which are currently way too heavy inmho so this concerns me.
I also can't go back and see what the 424/106 had,how many days were you into the  GC when the crash occurred?
Please let me know if this error continues.

Thank-You for the help.

#93: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:43 am
    —

OUCH - That's gotta hurt!

#94: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:53 pm
    —
That no units in FP bug have only encountered in Nomada's 1.04B, his 1.1B and in this VeTBob.

It happens early on in his (Nomada) 1,1B, generally very late in the 1.4B and the last go around in vetBob was on day 5 of the 16 day GC.

Have never seen it in the Utah mod, stock GC's etc..

Occasionally have tried to go back a few days (saves) to get around the no units bug, but that does not seem to work either. Not sure what causes it. many here probably do and have been gone from CC community for so many years anyway that all these after CC5 are new to me and just getting reaquanted with the fine work of everyone again as it is.

Edit:

Latest attempt am past day 5 and no crash yet..

#95: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:20 pm
    —
Hmmm,
Currently I have no idea why that happened.
But I will look into it.
Thanks again.

#96: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 pm
    —
So much to do,so little time.
And yes the strategic map is going to get done as well.
(work in progress)

scenarioeditorscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.69 KB
 Viewed:  9248 Time(s)

scenarioeditorscreen.jpg

#97: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 pm
    —
Campaign completed and no more crashes after reapplying the patch.

TY for an outstanding campaign.

One little thing.. Was wondering (as probably some do) about lowering the "killability" of both the allied and axis artillery. As it is, both are really nasty and hitting a grouped force is enough to wipe out anything.

For instance (just mentioning this) nomada lowered the lethality in his and it seemed to help some in this area.

Not picking on this campaign any, just mentioning.

#98: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:27 am
    —
I'm pretty sure I didn't touch that but I'll look into it.

Thanks

#99: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:23 am
    —
I'm pretty sure I didn't touch that but I'll look into it.

Thanks

By this am mentioning the off board artillery and not the forward observer called in artillery. The nebelwerfer artillery (for example) was pretty weak and much appreciated after some of the extreme blasts of the assigned ones.

#100: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 pm
    —
I still don't like the overwhelming power of Grenades either,
What's your experience with those and Tanks been like?

That's why I went ahead and called this a Beta.

1)It gets it out there in hopes that someone like you will play and offer advice.
2)Provides a means of a Back-Up so heaven forbid my PC goes Poof.

I have so many things I would like to see done,and I find it difficult to work on 1 thing constantly.
I move from chore to chore just to try and keep the interest there so it's not so boring.

I.E.
Icons,
What a mess,I have a TON of hours in finding and editing,re-editing,still re-editing,And still need to re-edit.Currently I can't stand the Winter Camo on Tanks on some of the Icons.And 2 I don't want to see the same Icon used twice.

Data,
UG,the most boring of all but considered the make or break of a Mod.
I still have hundreds of hours before I consider that to be done.
Not only do I need the Data to be good for H2H but I want all new Data for each setting,Not just a Force Pool change.
So that's the equivalent of doing the  Data 5 times over,On top of what's already been done.
The Goal when done is to have the extreme settings (Recruit vs. Elite play as TT's Vet-Sub Mods )plus a H2H all in one download.
I don't have the answer right in front of me but I seem to recall the amount of Teams in both the AlsTeams and the AxsTeams can be increased quite a lot.(Maybe I should find that)

#101: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm
    —
Well.. Smaller issues like that, when playing against the AI (grenades vs tanks) can be avoided most times, then maybe some of the H2H people would take issue with it.

Yes. There might be a strength problem with it, but then if one moves a tank.. Right next to a building (unsupported) IMO they deserve to lose it...
Some of that could be fixed by lowering the amount of available grenades if you even wanted to address it?

If you want to know of other things have noticed.. M5 Stuarts and M20 armored cars taking on Pz4's and taking them out from the front, even at 150-200' range. Have noticed in all versions of this WAR the lack of any armor it seems for these tanks. They seem to be the "Tommy Cookers" in this game.

#102: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 am
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Well.. Smaller issues like that, when playing against the AI (grenades vs tanks) can be avoided most times, then maybe some of the H2H people would take issue with it.

Yes. There might be a strength problem with it, but then if one moves a tank.. Right next to a building (unsupported) IMO they deserve to lose it...
Some of that could be fixed by lowering the amount of available grenades if you even wanted to address it?

If you want to know of other things have noticed.. M5 Stuarts and M20 armored cars taking on Pz4's and taking them out from the front, even at 150-200' range. Have noticed in all versions of this WAR the lack of any armor it seems for these tanks. They seem to be the "Tommy Cookers" in this game.

Thanks again.
I'll look at the Data for all the above mentioned.
I hope to really be able to put the finishing touches on the Data for the Line/Line settings.
I've let several days go by without touching it despite having plenty of time to do it.
I look at the computer,I look at the couch,couch has been winning.
Time to get off my arse and do this.

One thing I always liked from the Stock version of WAR but was never incorporated in the game is the German 15cm sIG33 Hvy Infantry Gun.Pictured here next to a Pak 40.Who ever created that graphic did a wonderful job.
I finally got that working this morning.

I'm also curious as to what the experience is like on GameRanger when using the /D switch for WAR?
Has anyone used that online?
Will GameRanger recognize that option online?

UO0090.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  436.31 KB
 Viewed:  7609 Time(s)

UO0090.jpg

#103: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:03 am
    —
The German K81/1 gun is really nice.. Whoever made that icon, but have made a few thoughts on the game already and here is another..

All non tank AT guns fire VERY rapidly.. I guess it is to give them an advantage vs tanks to make up for lack of armor? But the K81/1 used a 2 piece shell am pretty sure and fires/reloads just about as fast as the US M1 the single time that tried it in VetBob.

Not that these various (Pak40/K81/1/M5/M1 etc..) fire as fast as the various 2cm AA guns, but they do fire/reloadquite fast and that K81/1 does seem really odd given it's 2 piece charge/projectile load out. Have not tried the sole Jagdtiger yet that is one of the BG.

Cheers,
JS

#104: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:05 am
    —
I can't take any credit for the Data for any of the Weapons.

This Mod was originally done by a fella named TT for CCIV.
And unfortunately he doesn't play CC anymore,so I have no idea what his intentions were for the Data.
And I'm not a true Grog either.
I know what I have so far hasn't been able to duplicate the aggressiveness  that was in CCIV,but hopefully one day.
I just happened to like his Mod and that Theater enough that I decided to move it to WAR.

When you say you like the icon do you mean the Icon on the Battle Group screen or the actual AT Gun Graphic used in game?
Because I haven't touched the Icon,it still has the original look from VETBoB because for the life of me I can't seem to find a suitable image to use for a new Icon,Ive actually considered removing that AT Gun because of that.

But by all means,please keep firing away with your ideas for improvements.

#105: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:33 pm
    —
I just looked and have a few K/81/1 pictures.. But none from the top that would probably be suitable for the main BG icon you are mentioning and yep.. That particular one is not very good.. the one from in battle is the nice one and looks really slick.. Have several did not see online in a few German Artillery books, even one with a captured french chassis mount. Some 12.8 K/43, K44, k81.. pretty much any Axis artillery shots of some kind and even experimental weapons if you want me to try and send some kind of pictures. Many of these are not on the web.. Up to you of course.

FYI: Have the same technical manuals w/pictures of Allied guns, Allied and Axis armor if you think might need a new picture sometime.

#106: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am
    —
Forgot 1 thing.. Shame can't have more than 1 night battle, other than the 1 to start the campaign(s) with?

Take it there is something in the engine that makes using that TLD effect very difficult to add, or impossible more than once?

#107: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:49 am
    —
You can have more than one Night Battle.
Go to the folder Data/Base/Campaign.txt and make the changes you want.
What I don't know is if you will be able to do that within the path I've mentioned or if you would have to open the
VETBoB.WaR file,make the changes then re-zip the file back to a .WaR file.
Hmmmm?
Let me know what you find.

You can actually make quite a few changes within the campaign.txt
If you change the amount of Turns per day for your GC to lets say Four Turns per Day you will have to change the "Historical Axis score"
I provided an example in Bold.I added the ,5,5
Here is the options you can change,If you need any help just ask..................................

ALWAYS make a Back-Up before Editing!

#########################################################################
# Campaign.txt defines campaign specific information (length, weather, etc.)
##########################################################################
# Campaign length, in days, max is 25
# Strategic turns per day (valid range 1-4)
# Allied 'home' direction (friendly rear that way. 0 = N, 1 = NE, 2 = E, 3 = SE, 4 = S, 5 = SW, 6 = W, 7 = NW)
# Axis 'home' direction
# Historical weather for each day (0 = Clear, 1 = overcast, 2 = light overcast, 3 = storm)
# Historical Axis score for each turn of each day, one line per day.
# "Score" is a precentage of victory for the Axis. Allied score = 100 - Axis score.
# Support Missions
# (Max/Min air values are used to generate random # missions for random
#  weather games. Value will be linear between min and max.)
# Allied artillery support for each day
# Allied naval gunfire support max. for each day
# Allied historical air support for each day
# Allied historical air resupply for each day
# Allied air strike maximum for each weather type (0-3) for non-historical weather
# Allied air strike minimum for each weather type (0-3) for non-historical weather
# Allied air resupply maximum (Clear weather only)
# Allied air resupply minimum (Clear weather only)
# Axis artillery support for each day
# Axis naval gunfire support for each day
# Axis historical air support for each day
# Axis historical air resupply for each day
# Axis air strike maximum for each weather type (0-3)
# Axis air strike minimum for each weather type (0-3)
# Axis air resupply maximum (Clear weather only)
# Axis air resupply minimum (Clear weather only)
# Misc. options / features
# Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)
# Locked BGs (0 = unlocked, 1 = locked) Locked = player can not choose teams
# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)
# Number of days from start of op/camp Allied AB BGs are automatically in supply
# Number of days from start of op/camp Axis AB BGs are automatically in supply
# Allies suprised (on moves on turn 1) (0 = no, 1 = yes)
# Axis suprised (on moves on turn 1) (0 = no, 1 = yes)
# Allies redirect % chance for each day (0 = units not redirected)
# Axis redirect % chance for each day (0 = units not redirected)
# Allied air recon sighting % chance (clear weather only)
# Axis air recon sighting % chance (clear weather only)
# Allied ground recon sighting % chance
# Axis ground recon sighting % chance
# Allied parachute drop days (0 or 1) AB BGs arriving on maps with no off-map exit get random setup area(s)
# Axis parachute drop says
# Battle group 'base' battle plans:  Controls the default plan used by
# A given BG when opposed by a given enemy BG. Plans are:
# 0 = all out attack, 1 = limited attack, 2 = probing attack, 3 = defend, 4 = survive
# NOTE: The base plan will be refined based on commander aggression and
# situation, and may result in an actual battle plan +/-1 from base.
# Allied Infantry BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Recon BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Armor BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Armored Inf BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Parachute Inf BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Engineer Inf BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Infantry BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Recon BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Armor BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Armored Inf BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Parachute Inf BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Engineer Inf BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Auto-refresh FPs (ala stock CC4)
# Ability to Rest BGs (0 or 1)
# Base cohesion cost for movement (0-512)
# Base cohesion cost for combat (0-512)
# Base fatigue cost for movement (0-512)
# Base fatigue cost for combat (0-512)
# Night turn? 0 or 1 (for yes or no), one entry per day

# NOTE: diff-base support will overwrite the old stuff further up in campaign.txt, but old lines still needed for backward compatibility
# Allied diff-based arty support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Allied diff-based naval support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Allied diff-based air support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Allied diff-based air re-supply per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based arty support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based naval support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based air support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based air re-supply per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Auto-add/remove teams to/from FPs on team type change? (0 = NO, 1 = YES)
# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
# Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited)

UO0097.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.56 KB
 Viewed:  7772 Time(s)

UO0097.jpg

#108: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:18 pm
    —
Finally after 60oz of beer and a few hours of you-tube music I have something I like.
Even though the 8th looks a little fucked up.

scenarioeditorscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  775.05 KB
 Viewed:  7744 Time(s)

scenarioeditorscreen.jpg

#109: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:01 pm
    —
Thanks for the reply on how to make a night battle addition, but let me ask to make sure have this... That area you highlighted... All the ones set to -0- need to be changed to -1- for night battle after I copy/paste it into the folder?

One other thing.. Was always curious since they have -2- turns per *day* why 1 was never night to begin with.. Then that was just my thoughts on that..

Thanks a ton for the easy way it appears to add night on whichever days one would want, if can just clarify that one area Platoon.

Edit:

Scratch that.. see the data/base/campaign in the game folder.. Just want to make sure that need to change whichever days from 0 to 1 for night battles.

Cheers.
JS

#110: Re: VETBoB Beta Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:13 am
    —
That is correct.
Change 0 to 1 for Night Battles

#111: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:01 pm
    —
Updated the original post.
There is a new update available.

Edit:
Ive re-edited that post enough,
Have fun.

#112: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 am
    —
Thanks for the update. Am almost done with another 'run through" and will load the update when finished.

Those Calliopes are wicked btw.. One launch of the rockets and anything is either disabled, or destroyed.. Toyed around with a JT from BG Krag.. Calliope fired on it and actually knocked it out...

#113: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:38 am
    —
Thanks,
I think I should have waited.looks like I missed a few things.
Nothing important,but still wish I'd have caught it.

#114: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:30 am
    —
Went ahead and restarted Axis campaign anyway.. Was anxious to check out changes..

Like the new Icons have seen thru 1st 3 battles.. Panther, 75mm IG etc.. Seems like some units are shorter on Infantry now? Maybe it's just me.

BTW: Did play this as US and it is BRUTAL, or for me at least, even vs the AI. Once the Axis "parks" a JT, or KT it is "lights out" unless it makes a catastrophic blunder on some scenarios.

Not complaining at all. it was quite fun trying to take out those beasts.

#115: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:14 pm
    —
I cant recall how many Icons I have edited,re-edited,then re-edited again.

And how how many still need re-edited.

I did reduce the Force Pools,they were just too heavy.
I haven't played a GC yet with the New FP's so it will be interesting to see what you think.

I forgot to include,the recolored Tanks.Mainly the two new Tiger Tanks.
And a few others I touched up.
A new Sound file.I have no idea how that got replaced with an older one.
And I didnt include the Maps I've edited.
And a few other small improvements.

Maybe I should lay off the Beer when editing?

#116: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:57 pm
    —
Ah yes.. Forgot to mention the new strat map added as well as Splash screen.. BOTH nice touches :-)

Will let you know how it plays out with fewer troops. The shortage of armor does not seem to be an issue, or figure to be one over the campaign, but shortage of Panzergrenadiere will be a challenge!

Edit:

Have seen the units now after day2 and it is really low strength wise.. FJ units and even some like the 295th VG will not survive a couple of maps IMO. Maybe cut some units down, or the amount of VG Sturtruppes down, but have noticed the leader infantry are down to 3 on many BG now.. This is really, really low.

Maybe increase some on infantry...

#117: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 am
    —
More issues you may have missed:

Artillery support only allowed on Bullingen and Krinket that have found now. Just noticed. Just to try.. Attempted to give support to any unit on day 2 and nobody can accept, other than units located on, or moving to those 2 maps.

I understand before there were many very far away from Axis deployment that could not get artillery support. Now it is allowed only for 2 maps it seems.

#118: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:40 am
    —

Or have more?

#119: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am
    —
More issues you may have missed:

Artillery support only allowed on Bullingen and Krinket that have found now. Just noticed. Just to try.. Attempted to give support to any unit on day 2 and nobody can accept, other than units located on, or moving to those 2 maps.

I understand before there were many very far away from Axis deployment that could not get artillery support. Now it is allowed only for 2 maps it seems.

That's interesting,
What settings are you using?
I did not change any of the settings for support.
See how it goes for the GC,Force Pool quantities are low yes but I expect that since those quantities are replenished each day you shouldn't run out.
I'm still learning the whole FP/balancing act here so please bear with me.

I wonder if just one initial setting for FP's would be the way to go instead of trying to dictate everyday for the Axis.
I.E.
20 Panthers on Day 1 and empty slots for the remaining days.
Or would it end up being 20 Panthers on Day 1 and 0 from there on out?
IDK,maybe not.Guess I'll have to try it and see.

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):

Or have more?

As per your suggestion I went ahead and bought "More"

You've been fairly quite in this thread Grunt.
Have you tried the Mod?
It must suck if your not playing it.

#120: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:15 pm
    —
Only thing maybe can think of different as for settings would be:

"When force morale gets too low" I have set. Timer is for 15 minutes and am playing with veteran settings. Everything else should be fine, except not required to take every Vex of course with the morale settings I have set.

I DO have the campaigns.txt set to allow routed/disbanded troops to return the next day:

Stopped the night battles was fooling around with. As fun as it was? was neither historical, nor fair for the AI Wink

#121: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 pm
    —
Actually the night battle on the first turn does simulate the early am attack from the Germans.
It's just a shame that the off board artillery isn't available.

#122: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:26 pm
    —
Initial attack night battle I left alone, but the changes that I had made to fool around with I abandoned.. it was fun, but stopped after playing around with them a little bit..

yeah.. shame those strikes are gone.. Was just looking around and testing the new mod variation out like you suggested and found that.. I do use the Axis artillery strike on Reuland map.. The nasty 3" gun always gives a nasty surprise there and it's one of my least favorite maps..

One other thing.. Equipment always seems to disappear from the FP.. Even when not used.. Is there a reason for that? Have noticed it multiple times.. Without off map support, the FO units will become important later on and less infantry and FO disappearing has happened often, same with KG Piper's Wurframen halftrack while just sitting in the force pool.

#123: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:54 pm
    —
Did u change the auto add/remove option in the Campaign.txt file?
I had it set to Off.

#124: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:48 pm
    —
No, Not messed with it.. Still set to -0- as did not know what it did even, but figured had to do with FP..

While we are talking here of FP.. The reinforcement button.. It is purposeless missing? is this *0* and *1* where that button is put back? I am just curious here.

#125: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:29 am
    —
I have another issue now and this is a game breaker..

No can execute moves from 1 turn to the next.. tried everything and on this campaign.. Was making *2* saves per scenario and neither mattered. Can make the moves I want to make, hit execute, but nothing moves and nothing, but next turn, same maps.

This is all have changed.. STOCK otherwise:

BTW: forgot to mention noticed FO MUST have direct LOS now :-)

To attempt and get units to move, I tried not adding support, moving to different maps..anything.. but no go..

Have you noticed how difficult it is to get the movement arrows to work on the new grand map? it takes numerous attempts.. Like half a dozen or more and is impossible to cancel a move. I noticed 1 unit.. Forget the name had **3** movement/directional arrows to different maps.. Something is amiss I fear with the grand map.. I reloaded that turn, then attempted execution again and it still crashed..

#126: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:55 am
    —
Hi Platoon,

Any new patch/update. just curious. Made another attempt on that new download and had the mod freeze on the movement/main map.. It does look nicer than the old/original, but once you have the different arrows for movement? cannot cancel and then the game freezes.

the FO for artillery remember reading way back was going to be implemented, not a bad idea, was a shock when ran into it, but nice..

#127: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 am
    —
Sorry,
Gonna be a long time before the next update.

#128: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:48 am
    —
NP. Was just curious.

Thanks for all the efforts and tips on work with the data.txt. The one before is pretty stable and have really enjoyed it.

#129: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:12 pm
    —
The things you are mentioning are things I haven't edited.
If possible take a screen shot next time.

Thanks

#130: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:21 am
    —
I'm done.
You may or may not ever get an update for this Mod again.
I don't recommend playing the Mod either as the latest WAR update includes a new .exe
And this Mod doesn't have that.
You would probably experience game crashes.

UO0125.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.32 KB
 Viewed:  8917 Time(s)

UO0125.jpg

#131: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:35 am
    —
The previous mod update was stable and I had no issues with Platoon, it was only the last one and yes.. Was 4.50.14 version.

As a way of showing how "solid" it is... Have played it to completion 2x as Axis and once as the Allies, so it seems to be fine and your hard work towards the mod itself was not in vain.

#132: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 am
    —
I'm still messing with it.
Just crabby as hell.

#133: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: Gunnar PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:47 pm
    —
Where can I download this mod. Question

Thanks for your efforts.

#134: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:02 am
    —
Mod is broke right now.
Not sure when the next update will be.

#135: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:55 am
    —
Mod is broke right now.
Not sure when the next update will be.

NP dude. Take ur time.

FYI... Have been doing a trial run with the *previous* version of your mod and the latest patch from Matrix.. 4.50.15 and as of day 5, the mod has been fully stable with -0- crashes... the mod was also stable with 4.50.14. It was just that latest release of the mod that had issues.

JS

#136: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:37 am
    —
The issue at hand with 1.0 is the fact that it includes a CC.exe
Trying to use an old CC.exe with the new updates just isn't gonna work.

It's an easy fix I just haven't gotten to it.

#137: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:39 am
    —
I take it that is the latest mod release then? Not even tried it since we chatted here about it early last month and a bit confused...Sorry...

#138: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:30 am
    —
Any chance someone here can help me figure this one out?

I've looked at it for weeks now and don't seem to see whats wrong.
Here's my WorkBook
Thanks.

UO0203.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.48 KB
 Viewed:  8841 Time(s)

UO0203.jpg

#139: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:48 pm
    —
No clue about any of that or the error. Saw your post 2 weeks ago at the other forums with regards to the error and take it the person never did get around to looking at it though.

Hopefully someone can, the newer version looked nice until crashes.

JS

#140: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm
    —
Any chance someone here can help me figure this one out?

I checked your file and on the Vehicle sheet there appears to be no class 127 to which the axis team 145 is pointing.

Try changing the number on the Vehicle class for team 145 from 127 to 103.

#141: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:43 pm
    —
Two tabs in my workbook are for future updates,And currently not used.
My Allied Vehicles
And
My Axis Vehicles
It's completed on my end,just not implemented (Kinda makes me realize why Matrix may be making/taking baby steps in their updates,no sense in doing another massively huge update because it then opens a huge can of worms when trouble shooting.If you know what I mean?)

When I look at the Vehicles Tab I don't see what you just said.
Please correct me if I'm wrong because obviously I haven't figured this out. Smile
Just trying to make sure were on the same page here.

You said.............
I checked your file and on the Vehicle sheet there appears to be no class 127 to which the axis team 145 is pointing.

I see it differently.
I see this on the Vehicles Sheet.

P.S.
I did put back everything from the previous working install such as removing the CC.exe and the Main screen as well as the buttons I created.
Mod is all the same as the previous working install with the exception of the added Classes to duplicate multiple different Classes.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

UO0204.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  412.46 KB
 Viewed:  8472 Time(s)

UO0204.jpg

#142: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 pm
    —
And with just using just the actual Vehicles.txt from the Mod Not my workbook I see this.

UO0205.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  396.54 KB
 Viewed:  8467 Time(s)

UO0205.jpg

#143: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:47 pm
    —
And now from the axsteams.txt file from the Mod.

UO0207.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.08 KB
 Viewed:  8462 Time(s)

UO0207.jpg

#144: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm
    —
I don't understand why you said change the Class from 127 to 103

Class 103 in the Vehicles sheet of the workbook is the SDKfz 251/17

EDIT:
Is this just a means of an experiment to resolve the issue by using another class that works?

Good idea if so.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#145: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:02 pm
    —
I've even tried looking at Class 144 AND 143 from the axsteams page because I don't know if the game is actually referring to Class 292 or as it explicitly states in the screen shot.........

LINE 292

Line 292 if you accounted for starting at 0 could be Class 144
and if you wanted to go even further Line 292 could be Class 143 if you subtracted the actual first line which is the total amount of Teams on the axsteams page.

Ug
My head hurts trying to figuring this out.

#146: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm
    —
Jeesh

What an Idiot I am

Problem solved (Most likely)

Line292 Error

#147: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:06 pm
    —
Sorry michael, I was looking at myvheicles tab and the class 127 was not there.

have you tried putting another set of data there from another gun/vehicle that does work and then modifying the cells one by one and testing to see which is giving you trouble?

#148: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm
    —
haha great!

#149: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 pm
    —
Looks like that not the only issue as I still get the same error.

#150: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:00 pm
    —
did you fix your index header # to match the total number of lines?

#151: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 pm
    —
Any good news platoon_michael?

#152: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:49 pm
    —
The extra Teams,Soldiers and Weapons work for the settings of Elite Vs. Recruit,which will be for playing against the AI. as Axis
We are experiencing a few crashes but appear to be able to continue the GC each time.

Just looking for actual BF composition to better edit FPools.
And I'm gonna fire up a WAR Stock GC to see how stable that is. Crying or Very sad

#153: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm
    —
This is with the latest release and patch working fine now Platoon? If so.. Will be more than glad to fire it up again. Have grown tired of tinkering with the previous version of the mod and CC4 (and various mods) & looking forward to the release, or getting news on your TT re-release again.

Have been coming back here and at Matrix for awhile looking for news on it.

JS

#154: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
    —
Two jobs,
Grass needs cut twice a week.
I do all the cooking.
Fishing.
Beer drinking.

I wouldn't expect much if I were you.

#155: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:09 am
    —
We shall wait because you're the modder CC needs right now. So we'll wait. Because you can do it. Because you're a hero. You're a silent guardian, a watchful data editor. A Close Combat modder.

#156: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:37 am
    —
Two jobs,
Grass needs cut twice a week.
I do all the cooking.
Fishing.
Beer drinking.

So, carry a laptop while you're at it, what's wrong with you?  Wink

#157: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:46 am
    —
You guys are hilarious.

#158: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 pm
    —
Thanks for the update. Will wait, or try any beta you have and want tested.. I got nuttin' but time.

#159: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:51 am
    —
For what ever reason I can NOT get the weapon Icons to show up when clicking on a Allied team with the new settings.
If you remove the team and don't highlight it all the weapons show up.
Once you click on that Team 1,2 sometimes 3 weapons disappear.
Images posted here
And yet they show up on the Soldier screen.

I'm gonna try re-laying out the workbook like this and see if that helps.
Maybe the game can't handle searching for the info it needs with the current layout.

I don't know

UO0293.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  407.13 KB
 Viewed:  8538 Time(s)

UO0293.jpg

UO0292.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  417.21 KB
 Viewed:  8538 Time(s)

UO0292.jpg

#160: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:53 am
    —
Current layout that's not working.

UO0294.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  423.75 KB
 Viewed:  8542 Time(s)

UO0294.jpg

#161: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 am
    —
Link is removed from the last version (unstable) of the mod and must have deleted the one had, because cannot locate it anywhere. Was going to give it a try again and look over some of it.

Any chance can restore the link on the 1st page in this topic again?

#162: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 am
    —
When I can get it to work on my computer you can then have it for yours.

Sorry

#163: Re: VETBoB 1.0 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 am
    —
When I can get it to work on my computer you can then have it for yours.

Sorry

It's no hurry. Thanks again for any and all efforts on this fine mod.

JS

#164: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 pm
    —
Updated 1st post.

#165: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 am
    —
Got it & many Thanks Platoon  Very Happy

Noticed already that you pulled the new splash screen that was on that initial last version, as well as the updated strat map.

looking forward to some of the modifications before the crashes on the earlier one. That S/Eifel map for one. should make the campaign a new affair.

JS

Edit:

I see it still is a bit unstable, Beta form as the plugin in clearly states. Crash to DT during Hosingen map.

#166: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 am
    —
The Splash Screen is still in the Mod.
The new Main Screen isn't due to the fact that a new .EXE every time a patch comes out will ruin the game.
I've never done any editing of the Strat Map so I have no idea what your saying here.

Just played Hosingen with no problems.

The 2 new BG's still have issues but they are Not used in the GC.

Not saying it wont crash,but it seemed fine on this end at the time.
Would be nice to know exactly when it crashed on you.

#167: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm
    —
Crashed when allied morale was crushed initially. I just retried it (same save) and it played correctly and finished.

The map in question I meant is the new one that was added initially (strategic) map over the stock one in the last release that is not in this Beta release. It would not allow some movement the last time during execute phase was one problem. Don't remember exactly everything.

Am using the latest, 4.15.15 patch.

Thanks again and understand why can't change the screen and use the same "TTVetmod" screen. it makes sense.

Thanks again and if anything else? Just ask.

JS

#168: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 pm
    —

1)Crashed when allied morale was crushed initially. I just retried it (same save) and it played correctly and finished.

2)The map in question I meant is the new one that was added initially (strategic) map over the stock one in the last release that is not in this Beta release. It would not allow some movement the last time during execute phase was one problem. Don't remember exactly everything.

3)Am using the latest, 4.15.15 patch.

4)Thanks again and understand why can't change the screen and use the same "TTVetmod" screen. it makes sense.

Thanks again and if anything else? Just ask.

JS

OK
1)How could you know the Allied Moral had been crushed initially when I have removed the ability to see it?

2)Again I have 'Never" changed the Strategic Map,Not connections or anything.I did put back the Original Schoenberg MAP that came with the game and just now swapped the Eifel 1 and 2 because I cant help but to think us CCIV fans have seen enough of that map.And to be perfectly honest it was totally stupid that no one figured that out.
You have a new Eiflle map that "NEVER" gets played because of where it sits on the Strategic Map and you put in the "OLD" map that gets played right from the start? How does that happen?<--My little rant towards another Matrix "FAIL".

3) That's good,but the current patch is 4.15.15b (is it just a typo your missing the ( b )?

4)I have no idea what that means,You should see the soldiers sitting around talking/smoking right after the game launch's and then the main screen with all the buttons like Play Game/scenario editor etc etc.And it says TT's VETBoB at the top.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time by any means and I can "Completely"understand if you don't know the exact file name/editing or what have you.
I "Love" the fact that you enjoy it and have waited patiently for me.
And by no way shape or form do I conclude this to be a complete Mod.

But if possible please be clear in what you say.

I "Know" the Stock game crashes,It's been reported,I have experienced it.It appears to me that WAR has the same old 00:00 timer crash that CCV had so I will put those graphics back in hopes of trying to determine what/when the Mod crashes.At this point I can only conclude they have "NO IDEA" on how to fix that,and to be honest I don't care I just cant stand playing the Stock game,no matter what this Mod looks like it's still a 1000 times better than the Stock game.

Thank-You very Much,
Please come again Smile

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

#169: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:30 am
    —
Another update.
Fixes the 2 new BG's and includes a VETBoB GC file.
See first post.

#170: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 am
    —
Hi Platoon:

1) Guestimation on my part.. Allied forces are littered killed all over the map. you get the "idea" after playing vs the Ai when they are going to retreat/fail from morale.

2) Maybe I should call it the overview map then? it was included on the initial release you had very temporarily and it is the add on linked at the matrix page here:

overview map

3) Correct. Beta patch, 4.15.15b.

4) Correct. I think miscommunication on my part.

Finally....

I agree with your analysis of the stock game for other reasons, besides the ones you list (agree with them also.

The teams they have reek. US and Axis. "your" mod is by far my favorite and no kidding? Have played it over a dozen times, start to finish in WAR alone..

If by some chance you would go and add something the Allies (cough, cough) didn't have to even things out? Throw 'em a few 76mm Shermans... Yes, it goes against part of the goal of realism.

Thanks for the mod update also. grabbing it now  Very Happy

JS

EDIT:

Platoon:

Something not mentioned in the notes on the 1st page and HUGE change.. Axis forces begin out of fuel.. Nice  Twisted Evil The way it should be and forces the Axis player to begin with foot troops and actually "think" a bit more as well.

Kudos again.

#171: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:10 pm
    —
If you experience the timer running out crash are you using Win7 with XP compatibility mode? You shouldn't need compatibility mode for WAR, TLD or LSA and turning it off could help....

#172: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 pm
    —
Thank You
I'm using Vista but I will check.

#173: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
If you experience the timer running out crash are you using Win7 with XP compatibility mode? You shouldn't need compatibility mode for WAR, TLD or LSA and turning it off could help....

Thanks for that. Using Win7, but no compatibility mode for WAR.

Had forgotten about that also.. Always sumfin..

JS

#174: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 am
    —
The beginning is supposed to be ruff on the Allies but I still think they are too weak.

It was Salhexe's idea to limit the fuel.
I've also been using a little bit of what he wanted for the Force Pools.

Now I understand,
Yes the .ovm's
Schrecken re-sized them and I believe he has them hosted at that site.But I never checked.
If you have a good PC you can always download Mine
But be warned,they are Very large files.
But the clarity is Awesome.

#175: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:09 am
    —
Why cant we delete posts?

#176: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:32 pm
    —
Just a little more feedback on how the new campaign adjustments feel personally.

Lack of fuel period 1st turn of day1 for Axis and 1/2 fuel on 2nd turn was a great addition. Lack of fuel for all reinforcing troops on Axis side also appreciated. this gives the campaign a better feel and leads to battles (for me) on maps hardly ever fought over before, like Beho and Margaret. Those are almost always passed over and now? With the delay in waiting for fuel? Am having Allied forces in places never seen show up.

Have *not* looked over the units themselves, but am curious as to the new Axis(?) unit that appears,  in green background other than dark brown like normal Axis that has nothing but captured equipment in it, but has no unit designation on the main map? Is that one of the 2 new units you mentioned as being added and not supposed to be available? Does that make sense?

Equipment added/subtracted was nice. 77th for instance having all those (17) Hetzers could be placed on any of the Allied supply hexes and was more powerful than any other Axis unit previously. Having only 6 now makes it much more vulnerable, but still ultra powerful with a full compliment of 20 VG.

Peiper was weakened, as was SS KG Hansen. Peiper losing all (most) of it's infantry. Seems most of the SS were stripped. Not used Krause yet and purposely not looking at the units to make it a "surprise" 1st time use each unit...

As you can tell Platoon, have enjoyed it immensely and no more crashes. The spotters requiring LOS.. Tigers and other "heavies" not even used yet will have something for everyone.

Outstanding thus far :-)

JS

#177: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 am
    —
Lack of fuel was salhexe's Idea,It has added more fun to the game.
When viewing that Axis team you should see the BG_Unit Patch in the upper left hand corner of the Battle Group screen.

The force pools still need a little tweaking.
And I feel the GC needs a little more refining.
I'm currently on Dec.18th and I take a Truce anytime I can get it.
I also have been using what ever deployment the computer gives me with the exception of any AT_Guns I take.
I've had one crash but it started right back up with no problems.

Thanks
I'm glad you like it.
Hopefully it will be finished one day.

#178: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: Slyguy3129Location: Texas, USA PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:23 am
    —
Sorry to be a dunce but I downloaded the file from the link in the first post. How do I install this mod?

Please and thank you, and my apologize.

#179: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 pm
    —
You need to download and use Modswap.

#180: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: Slyguy3129Location: Texas, USA PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm
    —
Doh figured it out. Nice mod!

#181: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:48 pm
    —
No more crashes Platoon. "at the gates" as the saying goes and just looking around now at the newer units to allow them to catch up and get them into action a turn or 2.. KG Krag etc..

Looks pretty solid overall, though still think the idea of adding a few 76mm Shermans to the allied arsenal would help them out a bit.

The German 77th is unstoppable.. 6 Hetzers, 20SG, 12VG, several various MG units.. IMO? Still the most deadly unit and the amount of armor was cut by 2/3.

#182: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:37 pm
    —
I agree the Allies need help and will try to correct it.
It's Dec.19th and currently there is no stopping the Axis.

I think maybe more Tanks for Allies,slightly weaker BG's for Axis and maybe relocate some exit VL's.

Something also needs to be answered as to why the Allies just "NEVER" have enough BG's on the strat map.
I'm starting to feel that the only way around this is to allow BG's to come back.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.41 KB
 Viewed:  13618 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

#183: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 am
    —
Quote:
I'm starting to feel that the only way around this is to allow BG's to come back.

After finished this 1st time through am going to run through it again with units set to return again to see how much more difficult it makes it.

Got to tell you.. RIGHT AFTER I made the post above regarding 76mm Shermans? Ran into the UK 29th Armored unit at Marche Smile On 24th December right now, 3 maps left and as mentioned, sort of "playing around" to allow different units time to make it to the front and the unit that was controlling Marche isn't a really strong one either.. KG Telkamp which is very light on infantry and not that much decent armor, as in Panthers and Jdg Panzer4's to match up with all those Firefly's have NEVER seen before in this fine mod..

Got hammered hard on 1st turn, this could be the allied unit was hoping would ride to their rescue :-)

Quote:
maybe relocate some exit VL's.

Not sure exactly where you could move them. They are already as far away as possible from initial deployment zones. Don't think possible to switch maps around.. Some maps are way harder.. Vieselam, Houfallize, couple others if tried to spell here without looking would get brutally wrong.

#184: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 am
    —
Nice again Smile Found the 2nd AD, or should I say? It found it found me. Noticed it has those 76mm Shermans, as well as a 90MM Tank killer. Shame that unit appeared on Hotton map 12/25 and only lasted 1 turn.

UK 29th lasted 3 turns, the best unit on the map for the Allies and appeared on Marche map. It took out 10 tanks, something I protect well as usually do most "heavy lifting" with infantry and armor for support, but that unit has everything, like those spotters that seem to have either rockets or heavy mortars also.

Ended on 12/26, 29th was the last Allied unit. Next time will set units to come back and try again and have a feeling both the 29th and 2nd will be much more difficult, especially if they have a chance to breakout and surprise the Axis units on the map elsewhere.

Outstanding upgrades to the mod thus far as for playability Platoon.

JS

#185: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:49 pm
    —
Quote:

This might be the method anyway, or at least leave a text document with the "finished product" showing how easy it is to modify the campaign.text and allow units to come back and give everyone a sort of "personal best feel"

My 2nd time thru the campaign (only on 12/1Cool and resistance is much stiffer with these units, showing up continually and of course.. The Axis is delayed with initially OOF units that were risky to deploy any armored units.

When get further in? That UK 29th is going to be plain murder, if either I stumble upon another tank friendly map.. Say Marche, or the Allies catch a unit that is fairly weak in armor/AT support. Same with that US unit that has several 76mm Shermans.. Things will be more interesting with them coming back and back.

Platoon.. If you have ever set units to come back.. Have u ever encountered the US 14th Cavalry when the get light on infantry when coming back, then deploy 7-8 AT guns? They just did it to me again this campaign. One of my most feared opponents is THAT setup, even vs infantry at a distance those 57mm guns they hide so well and the 3" can/will take out the Panthers.

#186: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:04 am
    —
When was Bastogne made a Allied supply depot? Was surprised after had taken it and then moved units out and units previously defeated showed up. Worse than Elsenborn ridge as bastogne they would have been free to go anywhere had not there been units close by.

Nice idea to make it an allied supply depot, but definitely took me by surprise.

Changing the settings to allow units to return made it more of a challenge. The 4 allied "tough" units kept switching locales where they would come back. one of the Allied units with Calliopes actually destroyed every piece of armor the 902 and the 901st Axis units had and had to move in another to stop them from marching.

Artillery seemed to actually be used on maps that mattered which think was a point you made earlier Platoon. It seemed to be "set" to maps where it mattered on many occasions by the allies.

Ceased on the 26th Dec. was as good as finished and will start it over the next time with Axis BG fixed. Ought to make it even harder without being able to go in with mostly Infantry as prefer.

#187: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:30 am
    —
I've been working on the Force Pools the past few days.
I think you'll be happy with the Allied results,with the AB Battle Groups getting the most improvement.
I just noticed the other day I somehow never added any AB Rifle Squads.

Some Units you are really going to have to watch your Force Pool in order to get them.
There one day/Gone the next.

That and trying my luck with CaptSam's ideas for creating new Tanks.

It's slow going on both parts. Embarassed

#188: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 pm
    —
When was Bastogne made a Allied supply depot? Was surprised after had taken it and then moved units out and units previously defeated showed up. Worse than Elsenborn ridge as bastogne they would have been free to go anywhere had not there been units close by.

Nice idea to make it an allied supply depot, but definitely took me by surprise.

I do not think platoon_michael offend if I say that was my idea I used in my various other vetmod by ardenne. This is not historical but I think recreate the best conditions of the real campaign, as the Germans never conquered Bastogne,while in the game (all Ardenne mods) Ai not ever defend the city in one turn. So, if the Germans conquest Bastogne  will have another unit to fight the next turn.

#189: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:47 pm
    —
salhexe has brought forth the best ideas so far when I asked him to help create a Vet. Mod for this Mod.
The original goal has been and continues to be to add a Vet. Mod to this Mod by just changing the settings..........No additional download like before.

I still do NOT understand the missing weapon Icons on the Battle group screen when using salhexe's settings.
Hours/Days/Weeks/Months of trying this/that and the other thing has only left me with frustration.
When I did play his settings despite the missing Icons I was happy to see that I couldn't just roll over the Allies
At this point I can only conclude that the game can not accept either...........

A) Multiple Teams/Weapons/Soldiers with the name despite different Class #'s
Or
B) The game isn't able to produce the extra added Teams/Weapons/Soldiers that Matrix beta testers and or Steve McClaire says it can.

One option I have not tried yet and currently don't have the will to try due to the many previous attempts of failing is to name every team/weapon/soldier/vehicle/weapon as Vet. and see if that works.

I.E.
Mg42 for H2H
Mg42 Vet.
Mg42 Recruit/Line/Elite/Green etc etc

Way too much work for what could possibly end up as to little reward.If you know what I mean?

The goal now is to ...............

A) Understand how to get the Allied BG's on the strategic map so that playing as the Germans presents a true challenge in a GC.
I can only assume that this is either done by.......
A) Editing the amount of VL's per map so that the inner most maps have the most VL's,hopefully getting the AI to advance towards the inner maps and not sit on the supply depot maps thus not creating a open map for the next BG to show up on said date.
B) Cant be done
or
C) Edit the win/loss score per the Campaign file.
D) Create the GC file with More Allied Depots just to get BG's to appear as salhexe did with Bastogne.
E) Edit the Campaign.txt to allow BG's to come back,unfortunately the games does this for BOTH sides.Not just one or the other,A huge downfall if you ask me.

I once experimented with with the stock GC file to just place BG's on maps that were NOT supply depots thus putting Allied BG's inside the strategic map rather than on the outer perimeter,but that caused the game to crash.
I reported it but I do not know if they fixed it or if it could even be fixed.
Answer D may be the only way around this.

Unfortunately as johnsilver and I have seen the Germans are still way to strong to stop.
johnsilver mentions that he stopped at Dec.26th.

That's unacceptable.

Hopefully the next update to the Force Pools can aid in a GC worth actually playing.
The only problem is that this is still a learning adventure to me and implementing it then testing it then editing it.

Sucks as far as I'm concerned.

#190: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:03 pm
    —
Johnsilver win Gc at day 26 with the latest vetmod (hero vs recruit) settings? Shocked

#191: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:09 pm
    —
No sir,

I was not able to include your settings due to the missing weapon icon issue.

Sorry.

#192: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:55 pm
    —
salhexe wrote (View Post):
Johnsilver win Gc at day 26 with the latest vetmod (hero vs recruit) settings? Shocked

Supposed to be Vet vs vet isn't it? Have played every one of His (and yours) for the last year or so and granted.. Have not looked up the settings for quite some time :-(

As for the finish date? This campaign have finished no less than a dozen times from the axis side. it is nothing new. Good spots on maps, where the allies almost always defend.. I wouldn't say finishing on the 26th was good. When units were not set to comeback i finished on the 24th.

Follow a general path of 'destruction" each time and continue on, it is why think some of the units are too powerful in some areas, the 77th Axis being one. They have (last time) 20VG and 12+ VG to go along with 6 Hetzers. That unit was unstoppable until their cohesion became "unhinged"

The SS units have been "de fanged" for the most part, or for how i attack the maps. Most are in dire shortage of infantry, but are still stacked with various tracked vehicles and tanks. Generally good for a couple of maps, then defending an allied supply hex with the armor and surviving infantry.

Cochen, the 77th, 78th, Bayer, SS Kullman and late arriving Hansen are my favored units. Fallschirm units are deadly as well in most maps.

Quote:
So, if the Germans conquest Bastogne  will have another unit to fight the next turn.

And a fine idea it was also Smile  Shock factor alone the 1st time noticed an allied unit in the rear area was priceless and your reasoning makes perfect sense. A very nice addition to a fine campaign.

Last edit :-(

Quote:
with the latest vetmod (hero vs recruit) settings?

Since wasn't very far into the campaign again anyway.. Restarted with hero vs recruit. This further shrinks the Axis infantry some and should be interesting.. Thanks for the idea Salhexe. Will let you both know how this works out. Should put a nice "crimp" into things.

Last edited by johnsilver on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

#193: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:06 pm
    —
Quote:
salhexe has brought forth the best ideas so far when I asked him to help create a Vet. Mod for this Mod.

I tell you one thing right away to make it more difficult and almost don't want to even mention it, cause it is a portion of the reason enjoy the TTvetmod(s).. Take away somewhat from the Axis anti armor firepower.. not a *WHOLE* lot, but some.. The Panzergrenadier units? Go from 4 to 3 and from 3 to 2 on the amount of Panzerfaust. The Leaders? Do away with 100m and give them 60m. I have had them moving fast, FIRE and hit/kill a Sherman before at near maximum range :-(

Ditto cutting down Fallschirm units from 3-2. The few spahtruppe with 2, give 'em 1.

my 2c on how to make it harder from **this** perspective that is 90% infantry oriented.

#194: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 pm
    —
Your not really going to get a whole lot of difference using different settings.
They are not yet completed.

#195: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:58 am
    —
Your not really going to get a whole lot of difference using different settings.
They are not yet completed.

Hero vs Recruit has made a lot of difference alone thus far. 295th and 190th were worthless from the start, yet the 295th was forced to take S/Eifel, Schoneberg and already is going to have to defend Schoneberg again.

Most units that had 9 Panzergrenadier of both types (barely enough) before now only have 5-6 of each and the 77th now has just 12VG and 2 Hetzers.

Already, as of day 2 lost 2 spotters, more than have lost in a campaign yet.

Not looking forward to the time keep running into the 4 strong allied armored units later on, as this could be the setting that works... Hero vs recruit, units set to come back and so far your last efforts.

looking forward to your latest efforts Platoon. This appears to be the best challenge so far and enjoying it immensely Smile

#196: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:55 am
    —

Took a little longer (actual timewise) to play it this time set at Hero vs Recruit, but it would have been until the 26th again more than likely..

Currently control/contested every Allied supply depot thru 1st turn on the 25th, though many of the Axis strong (at start) units are very weak and lack cohesion. Bayer for example, is out of most infantry reserves, 901st (bore brunt of Calliope equipped armored at Martelance) has only had the single JadgPanther the last 2 days left and is running out of infantry and 251/10's. Cochen has little left. Kullman, whom tried to save for Marche on the advance as much as possible, is the only unit still in top shape.

It was different using 2, sometimes 3 regular Grenadier infantry every skirmish and a little harder.

JS

#197: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:55 am
    —
Have in this fpools release jagdtiger, Sturtiger, Luchs, Tiger? Becouse actually we try a fpools, for vetmod,  more historical without this tanks (there were not in Ardennes).

#198: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm
    —
Have in this fpools release jagdtiger, Sturtiger, Luchs, Tiger? Becouse actually we try a fpools, for vetmod,  more historical without this tanks (there were not in Ardennes).

The only vehicle have used of the above is 1 Tiger. Am thinking Platoon pulled the Sturmtiger and Jadgtiger out in the last 2 releases? Have not seen them in the FP at least. The ST don't bother with anyway.. it takes forever to reload Sad Lynx either.

While on subject on "killer" weapons.. The 234/1, 251/9, sdkfz 7/1, any 20mm vehicle for the axis. Those and the US 50C seem to destroy anything, in heavy protection (buildings) or not.

#199: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:17 pm
    —
I did change the Fpools because I didn't like what I had done.
Now they are more historically accurate once the next release comes about,when IDK

Trying to just use the original FPools from CCIV just isn't a option either since your going from fixed and shared fpools to single fpools.

That's requiring me to read. And forcing me to decide how many for how long now that one can edit the fpools by every single date.

I.E.
Tiger Tanks only show up on Dec. 18th maybe 19th  and are only in the fpools for 1 maybe 2 days. (can't tell you everything)
Also
The Nebelwerfer
It's only in the Fpools for the first 2 days,after that It's gone.

Allies
When/where does one get air support through the Fpools
Ok that was a dumb one put you get the point.

Chances are if you played any of these Beta's you'r not going to be happy going on the defensive playing as the Germans.

#200: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:05 pm
    —
Quote:
Chances are if you played any of these Beta's you'r not going to be happy going on the defensive playing as the Germans.

I wouldn't say that. It is better to get a better feel for it than go rampaging thru. Shortage (or no) infantry in some of the BG's is more of a hindrance than the heavy armor to me. Peiper. Krause and Byrd for instance have armor and tracked vehicles, but virtually no infantry and IMO are of little use.

Quote:
The Nebelwerfer
It's only in the Fpools for the first 2 days,after that It's gone.

That "super weapon" IMO should be left out. it rains down to much destruction.

As for a nice source on reference material for US, German Guns (AT/Field) there is Ian Hogg's excellent series.
Peter Chamberlain has a very nicely put together resource material book on US and UK armor in WW2.

Multiple German ones available on the subject out there.

#201: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:28 pm
    —
Has anyone tried playing as the allies as of yet until close to the bitter end? Have not from the US side myself the last couple of builds. i will give it a try and see how it goes if will help any with units set to "not reappear" and then put settings back to Vet vs Vet so the Allies won't continue getting massive amounts of AT guns.

#202: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: salhexe PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
    —
I have overcome the impasse changing strategic movement, so I started with another map.

I had this strange graphic effect, to the SdKfz in the image, I had ordered to move where it is the defend symbol, now appears in both positions.

sdkfzwar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  288.17 KB
 Viewed:  634 Time(s)

sdkfzwar.jpg

#203: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:22 pm
    —
I've never seen that before with or without a Mod installed.

safe to say I have no idea what happened.

#204: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 pm
    —
Here is a quick fix to the Wrecks error.

Vehicles.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Vehicles.zip
 Filesize:  7.96 KB
 Downloaded:  601 Time(s)

#205: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: Aetius PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:38 am
    —
link to the mod is dead (http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/VETBoB%2071912/),  can this be fixed

#206: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:18 pm
    —
Thanks for fixing the link

I've noticed that the VG sturmgruppe (stg44) and other german teams seem to have american uniforms and i've seen american teams in grey camo, has anybody else noticed this?

#207: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: Berger PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:08 pm
    —
Great work, platoon_michael!

Which are the recommended settings to play a H2H Grand Campaign? And to play vs AI?

#208: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: Berger PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm
    —
The correct Easy Eight Image in Battlegroup Screen don't appear in Team Data Screen (it shows another image, of german Puma)

easyeight-01.jpg
 Description:
Easy Eight Image in Battle Group Screen
 Filesize:  260.12 KB
 Viewed:  7226 Time(s)

easyeight-01.jpg

easyeight-02.jpg
 Description:
Easy Eight Image in Team Data (German Puma)
 Filesize:  90.89 KB
 Viewed:  7226 Time(s)

easyeight-02.jpg

#209: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:45 pm
    —
I havenyt worked on this in years so I dont remember the proper settings anymore.
I know that salhex had worked with the Data to include the difficult settings just as TT had done them for CCIV,but again I dont remember.

Sorry about the Graphic error,I missed that one.It should be an easy fix for anyone who wants to do it,
I dont really see myself getting back into modding the game anymore,and with the amount of time that has passed I would have to learn it all over again

After a quick look I see that the Force Pools do change based on the settings you choose

#210: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:12 pm
    —
Still checking in platoon_michael, good to see.

I know what you about having to relearn things as I have gotten back into modding CC again this year with updates for Bloody Omaha and Meuse.

Plan to to convert Winter War to TLD this winter.

#211: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: Berger PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:30 pm
    —
Just in case someone is interested in fixing it: The crew of the US Quad .50 cal HMG Half-tracks wears german uniforms.

quad h-t uniforms.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  251.65 KB
 Viewed:  6257 Time(s)

quad h-t uniforms.jpg

#212: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: ccmac PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:08 pm
    —
I downloaded and installed this mod using the download link provided in the first post. However, based on the discussion of this mod in the topic "TT is a genius", this may not be the most up to date version. You know you are using the latest version based on the splash screen. According to that discussion you may need a file named CCWaRModInstallVETBoBv4.00.exe to update to the latest version.

Salhexe uploaded this file but the download link is no longer valid. If anyone has this file, please upload it.

Thanks

#213: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: ccmac PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:26 pm
    —
I was wrong. The download link in the first post does install the most recent version. I was getting the splash screen mixed up with the main screen.

However, it would still be interesting to have the file mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks.

#214: Re: VETBoB 71712 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:43 pm
    —
I dont even know if I remember how to install a Mod anymore

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1