16 bit TGA files
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: 16 bit TGA files Author: WilldasmiffkingLocation: Suffolk, England. PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:56 am
    —
I'm using paint.net as my texture/graphic editor, and I'm trying to edit gadget. Unfortunately, when I save a gadget file, and then try to convert it to gadget, it says that it is invalid. How do you save files as 16 bit in paint.net because I don't have a clue!

(Btw... Modern weapons mod coming up so would be very useful.)

#2: Re: 16 bit TGA files Author: sample PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 pm
    —
Willdasmiffking wrote (View Post):
I'm using paint.net as my texture/graphic editor, and I'm trying to edit gadget. Unfortunately, when I save a gadget file, and then try to convert it to gadget, it says that it is invalid. How do you save files as 16 bit in paint.net because I don't have a clue!

(Btw... Modern weapons mod coming up so would be very useful.)

try to edit and save the file using GIMP, it is a free graphic editor,  with windows, linux and mac versions

regards

#3: Re: 16 bit TGA files Author: WilldasmiffkingLocation: Suffolk, England. PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm
    —
Thanks a lot!

#4: Re: 16 bit TGA files Author: WilldasmiffkingLocation: Suffolk, England. PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 pm
    —
Ok hold on, I have GIMP, But what do you go to in the program to convert the image to 16 bit itself? There are hundreds of unhelpful people on google giving m a load of rubbish!

#5: Re: 16 bit TGA files Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 am
    —
I think this:

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/dataformats/tga/tgatest.c

... is aimed at solving this problem, but although I clocked the link, I don't understand it.

Mafi might though.

#6: Re: 16 bit TGA files Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 pm
    —
CSO_Talorgan wrote (View Post):

Mafi might though.

Hello friends,
peace to all those graphic file conversions!
Use my tool RtBTool v2.35, launch it, use menubar entry "File" -> "Graphic file format conversion..." and make your settings in the than visible window. Choose output format "TGA 16bit uncompressed". The tool might not accept every input format, but most of them.
http://www.ftf.claranet.de/

For graphic editors like Gimp, Photoshop, PaintShop pro and so on, you must know that there are several different TGA file formats possible. I recommend to edit the graphics already with a color depth of 16bit to have the correct visual preview of what you will save later on. Some graphics editors cannot save in 16bit TGA (a known issue of PS 7). So you must read the manual of your favorite graphics editor.

In case you are looking for a real tool: use GraphicConverter on a Macintosh!

Cheers
Mafi

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1