Close Combat defensive campaing
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

#1: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: pagskier PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 am
    —
Hi
I'm looking for a campaing where the AI won't sit there for 15 min and actually attack me...
the thing is that I don't have time to run an online campaing.

Anyone has a proposition? I'm usualy a big fan of West front battle  Razz
But never manage to play axis because the AI lacks of offensive.

#2: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:44 am
    —
Play as the attacking force, Allies, in tLD - solved.

#3: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:08 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Play as the attacking force, Allies, in tLD - solved.

Don't listen to schrecken.  He speaks only rubbish.

The solution is simple.

Play Battle of Berlin with Salhexe's 3.5 German vetmod and prepare to get destroyed.  Have you had a chance to see my current BoB playthrough? I've posted several videos on my youtube channel.  You'll see the insanity you can expect to face on them.

#4: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:51 am
    —
Yep, Salhexe's Berlin mod is THE mod when you want to play defensively against the ai.

#5: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:12 pm
    —
... or play as Finns in either the winter war or Karealea mods... a pity neither of these mods ahs been ported to tLD, the AI seems more aggressive there

#6: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: zoober PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:43 pm
    —
CC4 with VetBoB and vetmods is very challenging. AI is really good here and can give you some hard times. Highly recommended.

#7: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 pm
    —
Yes TT's CC4 mod is really top notch if you want a tough fight against AI.  Or even the original CC2 game for that matter.

Another...PJ's (despite his narcissism)  CC5 mods for Der Kessel / Stalingrad are also excellent.  Not sure how he did it. Smaller maps and he did some unique mods to get the AI much more aggressive.

#8: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 am
    —
Hi guys, i realy dont understand all this complaining about the AI not being agressive enough  Confused

Is it just a problem with CC5  Question

In my experience with CC3, i have found the AI is TOO AGGRESSIVE  Twisted Evil for its own good!

In operations when the AI is supposed to be on the defensive, it attacks!  Rolling Eyes

This makes it too easy to win offensive operations because you can deploy defensively, then, after the AI has wasted half its strength in attacking the attacking force, i attack a weakened defensive force and take ground.
When playing the AI, i limit battles to 12 minutes, as i find it is too easy to make the AI flee, handing me the map, because the AI cannot cope with the pressure for any longer.

What makes it worse is i can make the AI flee when playing an operation where the AI is supposed to be on the offensive.
What could be more stupid than retreating when you need to advance to win the operation.

If only somebody, would/could offer a way to make CC3's AI unable to flee so it would NEVER flee, then it would make CC3/COI much more challenging for playing the AI

Yes, i have experienced some occaisions where the AI "camps" and does not attack.
Usually, i put this down to VL placements that dont suit the AI

CHEERS

AGS

#9: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Author: zoober PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 pm
    —
ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
Hi guys, i realy dont understand all this complaining about the AI not being agressive enough  Confused

Is it just a problem with CC5  Question

I got only CC3, 4 & 5 and I would say that all these games have crippled AI. And this is much more noticeable when AI is attacking since being offensive side is always much more difficult (both in RL and games).

In my experience with CC3, i have found the AI is TOO AGGRESSIVE  Twisted Evil for its own good!

In operations when the AI is supposed to be on the defensive, it attacks!  Rolling Eyes

Yes, and that's a big drawback in CC3 imo. Ever wondered if there's a fix for that problem?

If only somebody, would/could offer a way to make CC3's AI unable to flee so it would NEVER flee, then it would make CC3/COI much more challenging for playing the AI

I don't know but maybe you could try to raise morale up? Btw, in CC3 AI is supposed to flee in early stage of GC (Operation Barbarossa). Actually I can't recall seeing Soviets fleeing in later operations?

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1