Warning to New Close Combat Players
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 am
    —
First of all, the Close Combat community welcomes and thanks you for joining our group of devoted war gamers.  We appreciate your interest in Close Combat and hope you enjoy your stay here.  

However, we would also like to provide you with some very important information, information that will help you avoid certain pitfalls and also allow you to make the best choices.

The original Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy was released in the year 2000.  Since that time, the Close Combat community has eagerly awaited the release of Close Combat 6, the next generation version of our highly loved series.

(Matrix Games Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al), the company with ownership rights over the franchise, has repeatedly promised us the release of Close Combat 6.  Much to our disappoint and frustration, Matrix Games has instead re-released the original  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy under different names.  These include Close Combat The Longest Day and Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem.  These supposed new titles are marketed as being the latest entries in the series.  Let there be no doubt, these re-releases are simply clones of the original, and poor ones at that.

To further add insult, Matrix Games has stated that the funds generated from selling the re-releases will go towards the development of Close Combat 6.  They have then charged exorbitant amounts for their products, software that is merely the original but with a different name.  After over 10 years of patient waiting, it is now clear that this is all a scam.  Matrix Games never had any intentions of developing Close Combat 6.  Instead, they have taken advantage of our love for this game to cheat us out of money.  The re-releases are disgraceful attempts to trick us into buying their products.

We realize that you work hard for your money, and do not wish you to fall for the same lies and deception.  You will find that the vast majority of our members continue to support and play only Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  The reasons for this are obvious.  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy has the largest online multiplayer community.   And it also has the most extensive library of mods, mods that allow you to play campaigns from different continents including the western front in Normandy, the battlefields of the eastern front such as Stalingrad, the famous desert fights of northern Africa, and the bloody pacific theater of Okinawa.  This is only a small sample, there are many many more and all exclusive to Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  Again, all of these mods are NOT supported by the re-releases.

As a last point, we would also like to make you aware that Matrix Games employees frequent this forum.  They include Schrecken, Southernland, Tejszd, Flamer and others.  They routinely engage in the systematic slander and abuse of people who express different opinions.  In fact, they often create new user accounts and post threads and responses that encourage you to purchase their software and products.  Don't be fooled.  Simply ignore their posts and realize that this is just part of their campaign of lies and deception.  It is truly sad that employees of a game company would ever seek to harm players and lie to them just to make money.  It is just indicative of the culture of deception present in Matrix Games.

Once again, we thank for joining and supporting the Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy community and helping us put an end to years of Matrix Games lies.  We sincerely hope you have as much fun playing our game as we do and also wish you the best as you get to know the friendly and dedicated group of members that form part of this site.

#2: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:49 am
    —
LostTemple wrote (View Post):

Again, all of these mods are NOT supported by the re-releases.

not yet... and no I don't work for Matrix or S3  Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:53 am
    —
I'm now convinced you work for a company in direct competition with MatrixGames and more than just a little unbalanced.

Make sure you tell your dad, troger, to make a follow up post.

#4: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:17 pm
    —
No the funny about this post is that most people "new" to Close Combat are coming from the newer releases.

I mean wow, just wow. I'm not even sure how this is expected to do anything except get people laugh at the stupidity of it.

Nice work morons.

#5: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:50 pm
    —
Hehe,  Laughing

He's not one of mine.

Besides, my kids dumped their copy of LSA off on an unsuspecting friend for some CALL OF DUTY title.  Idea

You can't pry em away from it.  Exclamation

#6: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm
    —
First of all, the Close Combat community welcomes and thanks you for joining our group of devoted war gamers.  We appreciate your interest in Close Combat and hope you enjoy your stay here.

However, we would also like to provide you with some very important information, information that will help you avoid certain pitfalls and also allow you to make the best choices.

Close Combat II was brilliant. Close Combat III was Sublime. Cross of Iron is an improved version of Close Combat III.

Close Combat IV, V, and the later spin offs are OK but lame in comparisson to III and COI. Have fun playing the ones you like.

#7: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 pm
    —
I like that one better.  Wink

#8: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: vonB PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 pm
    —
I haven't the time to indulge yet, but I had to dip into this thread becasue of the title.

Well, that's a bit of a rant eh LostTemple?  There is something in some of the things you say, but you are not always on the money there.  More 'speculation' than 'specification'.

As the one who initiated the drive for CC6 when CSO Simtek had the Development Rights, it is something I know very much about, probably more than anyone else.  What happened after I left Simtek, I cannot say.

As I have said before, perhaps one day I will tell a story, but I will admit, I am not sure whether I can be arsed.  We'll have too see whether I write my memoirs in my dotage, and hopefully that is a LONG way off yet!

To conclude, your logic is generally somewhat biased (and I think I understand that), and you are entitled to your opinions.  However, you make some BOLD claims  Wink so in the interests of balance I thought it appropriate to contribute the observation that your claims are sometimes more opinion than fact necessarily, as one myself who has been involved on the inside at one time.

#9: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am
    —
Can't argue that CC5 has the most mods and should be on the game shelf any CC fan. Sorry US Brake I would play the "lame" versions before CC3/COI. I'm a fan of the strat layer and being able to change history though the upgrade of guns/tanks/vehicles over the years on the Eastern Front is fun....

Just for accuracy the 1st re-release COI came out Feb. 2007 so the earliest, Matrix Games Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al, had the source could would have been 2006. Thus CC6 from them could have only been promised for the last 4 years, though as you pointed out they did say that 5 re-releases were going to raise money for CC6 development. So it seems like they did what they said they were going to do???? With the 5 re-releases out now we'll have to see if they do what they said they would in the next year or two.... Hope they do CC6 as I’m CC fan…. If they don’t then maybe it was all money grab and I will gladly grab a rock to join in the stoning….

Also for accuracy I’m not an employee I’m a volunteer tester. As stated in a previous thread I hope by being a tester to be able to argue for features that I want but I have lost and won some along the way. Where we disagree is on the value of the re-releases. I think they each have pros and cons and have no issue pointing that out new players who are looking to buy/play CC on the forums. As for deception/lying you best look in the mirror because by being so one sided in your post/views it will be obvious to the those new CC players who is Lost_Temple….

#10: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 am
    —
Over time, consumer protection laws, will catch up with software developers and producers, if necessary. I don't think the CC titles fall into this category. However, some titles that were sold at Matrix, but not necessarily produced by them, DO, in my opinion. So it is not a stretch that this could be more prolific in the future.  

Their were many points made in the last topic. As usual people take away what they want.

You view yourself as a volunteer, but I think you would admit you act as if you are a member of the development or production team. You also seem to have volunteered yourself into a support role as well. That is what I see. Perhaps you could reserve that support role for the Matrix site only. Or have they asked you to perform that task here?

To that end, you too have lost your objectivity, no matter how you try to veil or disguse it.

While everone can understand prostituiton, no one likes a reformed prostitute.

#11: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 am
    —
I have not been asked to be here and have been active member CCS for years longer than you Stwa.

I joined Oct. 2004 compared to your Nov. 2006. I have posted 883 times to your 697.

I have worked on Meuse and Bloody Omaha mods for CC5 for the CC community and I will continue answering questions and helping people as I see fit.

Having said that I will for sure avoiding answering any of your questions cause even you could make a "prostitute" sick....

#12: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 am
    —
When you joined and how many posts you have, are hardly the issue.   Idea

Its all too easy for the Producers technical associates to slide into sales mode when they are supposed to be conducting technical assistence for the user community.

In some circles this is viewed as a good attribute, but in our circumstances, I am not so sure, since it seems this activity seems to stress a certain percentage of the fans.

So while you reserve the right to carry on as usual, do not be surprised if others would like to follow suit. Like the originator of this thread.

All this dialogue, is bound to create the presumption that you are in fact not an honest broker. I thought I saw evidence of that in, as we are calling it, "the last topic".

#13: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 am
    —
It does show that I have been here longer and answering questions in support of mod makers and new players in these forums than you or even before Matrix did a single re-release.

I'm not sales or technical support though I try to help out when I can. Yes, I do believe the re-releases add value or why would I volunteer my time if I thought they were garbage. Yes, there has been bugs. Yes, it would be nice if there was even more features. But between 2000 when CC5 came out 2007 when the 1st re-release COI came out there was not a single change/enhancement to CC. At least now there are some enhancements.

"Not an honest broker", what a joke to see you try to take the moral high ground after calling someone a prostitute for saying a game has some pros.

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:23 am
    —
You see, at most online communities, like this one, there are people from all over the world, and of all ages. All of them express themselves differently, because their life experiences are different than our own.

While the original poster went to far EXPRESSING Matrix, his comments regarding their associates seemed accurate to me.

The very lecture you gave, is perhaps the lecture you should receive as well.  Idea

You too, go on and on, in a very one-sided dimension.

If you don't like the prostitute word, perhaps we could insert TIMESHARE SALESMAN.   Idea

Don't worry, the re-releases will sell themselves if they are any good.  Exclamation

#15: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 am
    —
If there was an ignore button I would have pressed it

#16: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:36 am
    —

The original Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy was released in the year 2000.  Since that time, the Close Combat community has eagerly awaited the release of Close Combat 6, the next generation version of our highly loved series.

(Matrix Games Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al), the company with ownership rights over the franchise, has repeatedly promised us the release of Close Combat 6.  Much to our disappoint and frustration, Matrix Games has instead re-released the original  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy under different names.  These include Close Combat The Longest Day and Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem.  These supposed new titles are marketed as being the latest entries in the series.  Let there be no doubt, these re-releases are simply clones of the original, and poor ones at that.

To further add insult, Matrix Games has stated that the funds generated from selling the re-releases will go towards the development of Close Combat 6.  They have then charged exorbitant amounts for their products, software that is merely the original but with a different name.  After over 10 years of patient waiting, it is now clear that this is all a scam.  Matrix Games never had any intentions of developing Close Combat 6.  Instead, they have taken advantage of our love for this game to cheat us out of money.  The re-releases are disgraceful attempts to trick us into buying their products.

We realize that you work hard for your money, and do not wish you to fall for the same lies and deception.  You will find that the vast majority of our members continue to support and play only Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  The reasons for this are obvious.  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy has the largest online multiplayer community.   And it also has the most extensive library of mods, mods that allow you to play campaigns from different continents including the western front in Normandy, the battlefields of the eastern front such as Stalingrad, the famous desert fights of northern Africa, and the bloody pacific theater of Okinawa.  This is only a small sample, there are many many more and all exclusive to Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  Again, all of these mods are NOT supported by the re-releases.

As a last point, we would also like to make you aware that Matrix Games employees frequent this forum.  They include Schrecken, Southernland, Tejszd, Flamer and others.  They routinely engage in the systematic slander and abuse of people who express different opinions.  In fact, they often create new user accounts and post threads and responses that encourage you to purchase their software and products.  Don't be fooled.  Simply ignore their posts and realize that this is just part of their campaign of lies and deception.  It is truly sad that employees of a game company would ever seek to harm players and lie to them just to make money.  It is just indicative of the culture of deception present in Matrix Games.

Once again, we thank for joining and supporting the Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy community and helping us put an end to years of Matrix Games lies.  We sincerely hope you have as much fun playing our game as we do and also wish you the best as you get to know the friendly and dedicated group of members that form part of this site.

#17: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am
    —

#18: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:20 am
    —
Why can I never just leave this s#!@ alone?

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with the severity of the original rant, I can agree that it would be nice to have an evolution of CC instead of what amounts to just the offspring of the original games.  However, I love the CC recipe, and so I can enjoy playing any of the games.  

I also think people tend to glorify memories of the past.  CC1 was crap, but a good idea.  CC2 was awesome, but not perfect.  CC3 evolved the game in some directions, but devolved in others.  I've still never played CC4.  CC5 had all of the elements for awesomeness, but was slapped together.  CCMT again moved back to the CC3 model, both in how it was set out, and in the whole "move forwards in some aspects, move backwards in others".  RTB doesn't interest me.

The Matrix efforts seem to me as though they are learning to make their own game by remaking the old ones.  That may sound harsh, I don't know, but it's true.  Each game is a reworking of the original version of that game, and each Matrix game then takes the things they added to the previous remake, adds it to the next remake, and then adds new reworking on top of that.  They have added a lot of cool things, but the fact remains that it's still the same engine.  A very old engine.  

Graphically, and operationally, the game would benefit from a major re-working.  I keep saying it; the formula that makes CC so good is: no unit building/limited squads, limited ammo, overhead view, strategic level & battle level maps, and team psychology.  Make a new (3D doesn't have to be a bad word) engine that sticks to that recipe, and I reckon it would still be as good, if not better, than the originals.

vonB's comments have me intrigued.  I hope to see the memoirs.  Wink

#19: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 am
    —
I am just wondering  Arrow

Who would actually wait patiently 10 years for a computer game...   Question

Would anybody really do that  Confused:

Well, I cheated, I played other games in the meantime ...

Sorry.

#20: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 am
    —
Hoogley wrote (View Post):

Ya me three.  I know a fair bit but the rest is vague.

Last edited by QM on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

#21: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 am
    —
I see lost temple (hey its probably fucking hiding from him) is talking about us 'orrible Matrix "employees" creating fake names to post... Anyone else picked up that Lost temple only joined on the 18th of january this year... anyone else wonder who the ignorant Troll was prior to that?  

Sorry for making my response black on white, normal size, not even bolded.  I hope you can all read it.   hahahahaha  God save us from Fuckwits

#22: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 am
    —
So that would be about the time you retired, right   Question   Laughing

Dont sit that close to your CRT, it will make you sterile.

Move back and try bolding instead, or get an LCD/LED like the rest of us.

#23: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Andreus PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 am
    —
Blah blah blah matrix games bad, blah blah blah remakes bad, blah blah blah originals rule, over and over again.

Know what, matrix/cso simtek are the only ones that have put time and money into Close Combat, wich is the strategy games series I (and supposedly we) love, after Atomic dropped it. I have the remakes and the boxed originals (well, at least CCV) and enjoy them all with their bugs and mistakes.
So what's the point of all this crap? If rereleasing the classics is the way to CC6, fine, go for it. If it's just about the dirty money and there won't be no CC6, fine again, we got the games running stable under newer OS. Thanks atomic for the originals, simtek for the remakes, mooxe for the site and modders for the mods.

Amen  Wink

#24: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:26 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

Who would actually wait patiently 10 years for a computer game...   Question

Duke Nuke'em Forever.

#25: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:49 pm
    —
how difficult would it be for a company to purchase the men of war game engine. then code in the time tested cc morale system and waala you have yourself cc6 with improved graphics that would take the gaming world by storm.

also, include a game editor to that creates maps for ease of use.

why dont we stop wishing for this game and just make it ourselves. I am willing to put in 20k. who is up for this?

I dont know programming but can market and sell beachfront homes in Arizona like yesterday's news.

we just need one good programmer who believes in this project and we are ready to go.

who's with me.

#26: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:50 pm
    —
QM wrote (View Post):

Ya me three.  I know a fair bit but the rest is vague.

Ho hum.  I can give an insiders' view from the beginning of both CSO and CSO Simtek, after all, I did co-found and co-own them both.  There is only one other person who could legitimately challenge that, and I would be happy to stand in open court and argue that toss, but like I said, in terms of real life importance, it comes pretty low in the food chain.  The issues that concerned me are probably much narrower than many might think, especially the conspiracy theorists.  If I were a lesser being, I would already have spouted mountains of drivel, rant, and invective, but there are already those who delight in that anyway.  Passes the time I suppose.

However, a small note about CC6.  During my time at CSO Simtek (as Director and Head of Operations), I initiated the Project for CC6 formally.  I guess there are many(?) that might remember when the first Topics started appearing on closecombat.org?  At that time, it was an intention, and I guess it still is just that.

The situation was probably the same as it is now.  There was no free money available to put into development, which in my opinion, would take a six figure sum to accomplish commercially and do a good job.  That in itself did not put us off, as we were in it for the long haul.  In a nutshell, any financing of development would have had to come from the CSO Simtek coffers, the revenue for which was coming exclusively from Military (USMC/RAF Regt) sources for the development of CC for them (CCM, CCRAFRegt, CCAT, etc).  I am not going to go into commercial specifics, but suffice to say, that did not provide sufficient funds for speculative development such as CC6.  Much would still have to be done charitably, but there were committed people prepared to take it on, at least get something started.

Soon after CoI was released, I left CSO Simtek (early 2007), therefore cannot comment on anything from the 'inside' after that.

Most of the comments regarding the why's and wherefore's of the re-releases are in the right ball park, and you don't need to be very intelligent to understand.  There's no revelation here.  It is the easiest way to make some extra money on a meagre budget, using free contribution as much as possible.  If we did anything wrong at CSO Simtek, it was spending CSO Simtek money on the development of CoI.  We did because we were committed, in it for the long haul, and any revenues would help to offset the development costs and help towards developing CC6.  We were not expecting a lot, but everything helped.

Now that Matrix drives the agenda commercially (unless anyone can detail otherwise?), you are unlikely to get CC6, at least in the terms I was intending, that is a major reworking, even from the ground up.  The sums are simple.  Who is going to pay for it?  There are many things that can be done for free, but not for an intention like that.  Re-releasing is all that is viable in the circumstances.  Destineer and Matrix (though they would have access to sufficient funds) are never going to spend it on CC6 ever, UNLESS you could provide a compelling argument that the product would not only recover the investment, but a lot more besides.  The executive of Destineer is as ruthless as they come, likewise Matrix Games.  It's just business.

That brings a final comment.  This is all based on my own vision of what CC6 could/should be.  Others may have a different vision.  It was based on a ground up development of the engine and presentation, using the logic that supports the CC game, in particular the psychological model.  Heck it works brilliantly, so why not use it again.

Anyone who has any understanding of what the development effort for something like that is, will appreciate just how big that is.  I will admit at the time I wondered whether it would ever see the light of day, but again, that did not stop us wanting to try.

So it's not rocket science to understand why we have what we have.  The only real issue is whether you like it or not, and most of the contra's tend to fall in the I don't like community, but then there are those that are happy to play CC using stolen copies.

I'll end with this observation;  in all the sectors I have worked, I have never found so many air heads, dick heads, wasters, idiots, and other dysfunctional types as there are compressed into the 'games' sector, most of them thinking that they were something, and probably still do.  I spent 10 years working in Oil and Gas.  Most of the idiots would shit a brick if they were to try to survive in that sector.  I'd give them a day.  On the other hand, there are some absolutely top notch, A1, first class, amazing and wonderful people, whom I have been privilged to know and work with.  Funny old world.

However, I think I was just being whimsical when I said I might one day write my memoirs.  There's nothing interesting enough to justify boring people with.  But I may be tempted to publish all the documentation and correspondence relevant at the time, and people can make up their own mind.  But not yet...

If anyone has any specific question they would like to ask, then ask away, but I can't promise I will reply...

Fairy Nuff?

#27: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 pm
    —
vonB - I hope my comments show to clearly be fence-sitting.  I'm just saying that there's good points and bad points to the current CC situation, and it would be nice to have this game move into the present, but that is a Utopian dream.

It's a shame really; people who've never played CC don't know what they're missing out on, and we are all missing out on a modern CC experience.  Close Combat is the best RTS experience outside of Total War.  Actually, maybe the Creative Assembly will move into the WWI & then WWII eras for their next couple of games.  After all, they've pretty much gone back over the old material again so there's not much room left in the ancient world for another TW game.  That would do me just fine.

#28: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 am
    —
RGR That Hoogley  Exclamation

As most of you know, I really like CCMT, even with its remaining bugs. I find it challenging, and fun, and right now, I am using it a lot more than Rome Total War.

I think I have fallen into the vonB and USBrake camp, the CSO Simtek games, and I may give COI another look, to see if there is anything I can do with that game.

By that I mean importing all the old CC5 and CC4 maps, etc, so there can be a WF and EF.

#29: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:41 pm
    —
lol very good post LostTemple...

I dont agree about the matrix employees who came on CCS to trying to make money...

I think they dont come for that Smile they just come to show us that CCS isnt the proper place
for forum, archive and download. The right place seem to be at matrix place.

Whatever, all i see that CCS been, once we created it, the most popular site online about CC.
Why that?
Simply because it's an active site. User play online, site maker too. A lot or maybe all moder
are active on CCS. And if i dont make mistake, this is not Matrix who keep CC series alive.
They just made remake of older opus to try to make CC6. Well, in fact all the money sended
to their remake would be nice part of CC6 making price.
In fact, when someone make a game, they dont try to get money from player before and during
the game development. They just put "the money" and will try to make it good enought to get back their
money when the game is released.
Imagine... You wanted to buy a car what will be released at the end of this year. A special carn new concept
based on older best model... But to buy it, you have before to buy some older model. Just to get the developper
enought money to bring on the new concept car of your dream...
hehe, what a non sense.

For me, CC6 will never come. And if it come it will be always too late!

#30: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 pm
    —
Good post ZAPPI4  Exclamation

Sometimes, I think, that the new producers and developers, were are too willing to try and obsolete the vast number of mods that were here in the first place.

mooxe reminded us the other day, what life might have been like, had Matrix, just patched CC5 and called it a nightmare.

I cant help but agree, their would have been a lot more new users, and the climate around here alot nicer.

#31: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:49 am
    —
vonB, your post has been the most insightful and intelligent so far.

My problem with Matrix Games is either put up or shut up.  Either make CC6 already or stop lying to us and telling us you will.

A lot of us here are sick of being dicked around.

But I think the truth is Matrix Games simply CAN'T develop CC6.  After so many years of their lies and subterfuge, it should be clear that any other company would have produced it already.  In which case, sell off the franchise already so we can get the game and never have to deal with these clowns.

#32: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:53 am
    —
In which case, sell off the franchise already so we can get the game and never have to deal with these clowns.

Again, I am just sitting here on the fence playing devil's advocate:  would somebody else pick it up?  Can you be so sure?  I know we all love it, but is there really a big developer - or even a medium sized developer - waiting in the wings to snatch up the franchise?  What if this is it?  What if it doesn't get any better than this, and this slow "death by Matrix", if I can put my tongue squarely in my cheek here, is all that's left for the good ol' Close Combat IP?

I'm seriously NOT trying to argue the case of, "beggers can't be choosers".  I'm just saying that, well, the Roman Empire isn't around anymore.  Hanna-Barbera isn't around anymore.  Sega consoles aren't around anymore.  Firefly isn't around anymore.  Some things die, even with a seemingly solid fanbase.

So, sure, the current situation isn't perfect; there's a number of things I want in CC that still aren't here - but is it really the frontline, in the trenches, cloak and dagger, theft and betrayal, War And Peace epic flame-war I sit here and read day after day?  Like I said, I always seem to find myself in here somewhere - I guess I love the writing practice - but is it possible to keep some semblance of perspective?  Why the hell do we need the call for jihad, bold claim postings?  Jesus, you make out like Matrix is freaking illuminati or something.

I fell out of touch with CC after Invasion Normandy because I thought the franchise was dead.  I gather that Matrix pissed off a lot of y'all in the time I wasn't around to read about (or honestly care enough about to fish into archives for).  Fair enough, I can't say you have any reason not to be pissed off.  So, my suggestion is do what the Aliens comic book fans did in response to every sequel movie after number 2: write it off as a dream, and pretend it never happened.  Don't buy the Matrix games; don't listen to Matrix press releases, don't talk about Matrix at home or in public, ignore posts from Matrix employees.  Pretend like they never existed, and keep to the original games, or just let them live on in joyous memories of golden days past.

Ok, and now I'm making a promise to myself that no matter how ridiculously over-dramatised and phlem spittled these flame-outs get, I'm just going to sit back, shake my head, and not try to argue up hill.

Peace.

#33: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:47 am
    —
I don't think I've ever posted "Don't buy the game" to anyone.(I hope not)

And I don't recall any promises by Matrix for CCVI,where is that thread?

But the lack of support for correcting many of the errors created by Matrix in the re-releases and the carry over of bugs in the previous version leaves me wondering "What the Fuck"

I.E. Deployment bug when removing a BG from a map and then having another enter that same map from a different side of the map.
I.E. Correcting the display of 10 men teams.(Or lack of)
I.E. No Tigers for the Germans in WAR,WTF?,doesn't anyone remember the 1000's of post by players asking that in CCIV and now we get them again for WAR?
No real additional features that fans really wanted
I.E. No Digging in,
I.E. No 5on5 H2H
I.E. No Troop Transport
I.E. No direct hook-up online through the game,like the Zone.(Couldn't add your BHQ to that?)
I.E. No MMCCIII for WAR,tLD or LSA to promote more online games.

They gave Beta Testers a free game but yet I don't see anything in the mail for me for all the bugs I've found in WAR  Idea
I wish I had kept a record of all the ones I posted and mentioned through MSN.
I'm more than willing to bet my total is higher than any of the Beta testers.
Instead I get Black-Balled by some and labeled as a whiner by the others.

They say they can't fix some or any of these errors but yet they are able to make HUGE changes like in LSA?
How does anyone expect me to accept that?

Is it betrayal?
I don't think so nor do I have any idea on that.

Is it Sloppy?
You bet it is!

The argument by some here that Mods from CCV should NOT be ported to the re-releases is just down right stupid.
I want those Mods with the new features.
I just hope those doing it are able and willing to do so.
I.E. New maps and BG's for the expanded slots.Even if it means borrowing a few maps to fill it for the time being.
Lots of work I know and NO I don't expect it to be done quickly but if over time can be done than WOW I like it.
It's NOT that freaking hard to name the new downloads so others don't get confused OR MAYBE,maybe even put them in a new section for download! Huh wow look at that idea,yes,yes very special over here aren't I?  Laughing
Uh Hu,Uh Hu

What is a cluster Fuck INMHO is are we using Bernard's Mod installer or ModSwap?

#34: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm
    —
Hi there

Funny, I always thought they would make CC6, but I never expected much of it though. I dint expect it to be no more than a pale mod of CC5/TLD/etc, with some new opus.

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
And I don't recall any promises by Matrix for CCVI,where is that thread?

They have done that many times:

Qoute of Sulla - Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:28 pm ::
Hia Guys,

Ok, the for and against on any re-release has been gone over ad-nauseum. Simple, vote with you wallet ;)

CC6 is happening and is already underway! This will be a bigger advance than seen in any previous version jump before. Much bigger than CC2 to 3 or 4 to 5. This is not only off the drawing board but underway. Not giving too much away, but it will have 5 seperate campaigns and a whole raft of new stuff.

Work will also be starting on what will effectively be CC7. New engine, but CC to the core!

On any testers etc, you all know who you are and NDA's are there for a reason guys! Tak and all of the testers do a very good job and I am bloody sure will have fun testing CC6.

Sulla

/end quote

This is not the only post, far from it.
Funny, 4 years ago in 2007 Sulla said that CC6 was of the drawingbord and on the way, and CC6 game testing was on the table.
Seem they also work on CC7... ... ... .... Maybe we even will have CC7 before CC6... .. .. ... .. .. . .
Or was that all just a ..... ?

for thouse of you who dont know who Sulla is:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shaunwallace
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showProfile.asp?memid=2777

#35: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 pm
    —
In every day Software development, teams usually encounter a pure porting project of one kind or another. Generally an application is being ported from one operating system to another, or environment if you will. During these projects, the programmers, always start recommending that NEW FEATURES, be included in the otherwise fairly straight forwad port project.

The re-releases are classic examples, where the additional scope creep of NEW FEATURES, kinda messed up the fairly simple port project.

Now that the new features exist, of course, we need to port the other mods to the new re-release, of course.

But, it would have been much simpler, and almost as good, had CC5 just been patched, and made to work with the new Direct X. The mods would still not be compatible with that version of CC5, because any changes in the Direct X function calls, would have caused different locations for the (up to then), hacked variables internal to the exe file.

Nevertheless, the entire arrangement, could have been accomplished within a year. And bringing the mods over a NO BRAINER. But MATRIX, like most going concerns, was just as interested, in applying their business model, to the CC games. So PROFIT was a consideration. I do not doubt, Sulla, had the best of intentions regarding CC6 or CC7.  Laughing

The one constant, with this game, its been a decade of dissapointment. I got CCMT, but you could almost argue, it was not a re-release.  Question

#36: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:02 pm
    —
Its nice to have found other interests in life...was a pain to leave it but now it feels rather good...

#37: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm
    —
Quote:
was a pain to leave it

No, you are still here.

You were just in remission

#38: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm
    —
Perfecting KZ's Masterpiece?

The obsessive quest for the perfect Close Combat Game?

Poison, Madness, and Vanity.

I prefer the elusive search for the quality online game experience.

#39: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:
was a pain to leave it

No, you are still here.

You were just in remission

ahh thought i heard a bzzz sound....maybe it was the cockroach off the close combat commuity,  i wish it was summer and i could find one and step on it...

#40: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:12 am
    —
It is Summer!

#41: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:35 pm
    —
@hoogley
Don't know if anyone would pick up the franchise.  But it's clear the morons at Matrix don't give a crap.  A few people here seem to be content with garbage.  It's pathetic really.  And because of their low standards and continued support for Matrix trash, we've had to accept all the re-releases.  If the community would put more pressure instead of buying every re-re-re-release they put out, maybe the story would be different by now.

@At_Stalky
thanks.  That's exactly the kind of lies I was talking about.

#42: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:13 pm
    —
Quote:
@At_Stalky
thanks.  That's exactly the kind of lies I was talking about.

i think it's called a plan... immediately mice and men comes to mind.

ANyway I've had the game for years and it's the best game I've ever played... don't know if there ever will be a retail release as it's niche may be just too small.

#43: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 pm
    —
After just re-reading AT_Stalky's quotes of Sulla.

Sulla might have been thinking of a simple menu system, sitting on top of 4 or 5 mods or something. If true, that would not be that difficult to accomplish, and in all reality, might be fairy simplistic, from a programming perspective.

If true, the vision of CC6 at that moment, might have been, Stalingrad, Normandy, Bulge (CC4 on CC5), Omaha, and maybe 1 other, all in seperate directory trees, but still accessable in multiplayer, with a simple but graphic menu system above the main screen for each mod.

In short, all the remakes (the ones that seem like sloppy mods), just stuffed into one game. Obviously, Matrix shot down this idea, even though the idea does seem to have some merit. Not enough perceived profit.

To Sulla, that would have been CC6, right   Question  Try naming such a concept yourself. "CC at WAR", what   Question

Which explains, why the new engine would then be deferred to CC7.

#44: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:24 am
    —
Quote:
i think it's called a plan... immediately mice and men comes to mind.

why do you always think all people behave like you Wink?

Anyway, I do believe current TLD is better than stock CC5 gameplay wise (doubt it was done on purpose though).
Hope with the new patches they will not get gameplay back to early versions as they don't seem to understand what they are doing. As for me i don;t want to upgrade my TLD 55009b version to the new one as iam afraid they spoiled something affecting gameplay Smile.

#45: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:35 am
    —
Quote:
why do you always think all people behave like you Wink?

i just assume most people are rational... my mistake.

Quote:
Anyway, I do believe current TLD is better than stock CC5 gameplay wise (doubt it was done on purpose though).
Hope with the new patches they will not get gameplay back to early versions as they don't seem to understand what they are doing. As for me i don;t want to upgrade my TLD 55009b version to the new one as iam afraid they spoiled something affecting gameplay Smile.

See what I mean?

#46: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 am
    —
Shocked

Note: Definition supplied for Schrecken

#47: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:26 am
    —

#48: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:29 am
    —
Classic Funk.

hans.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.09 KB
 Viewed:  9574 Time(s)

hans.jpg

#49: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am
    —
why bother fighting in this topic??

instead, we should be thankful that Close Combat appeared to our lives since 1997 up to this day.....and we had enjoyed playing and challenging with our friends in battles.....

let's just wait and be patient for the next series (or CC6) to come.........there is still time to waste in this world, armageddon/apocalypse is still too far to happen..... Very Happy

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few" - Winston Churchill

#50: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 pm
    —
Or give up and play another game without getting harassed Exclamation

#51: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 pm
    —
Don't you see Sapa...it's you who are harassing the people that are trying to get this thing going.

Thankfully though a lot more people are being supportive and quite happily call you a tool.

:)

#52: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:33 am
    —
Don't you see Sapa...it's you who are harassing the people that are trying to get this thing going.

Thankfully though a lot more people are being supportive and quite happily call you a tool.

:)

Sapa created some of the best mods for Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy, case in point: Battle of Berlin.

You and your lousy fraudulent company(Matrix Games), on the other hand, have given us nothing but crap for the last few years.

I think it is YOU who is the tool

#53: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 am
    —
Quote:
I think it is YOU who is the tool

Lucky what you think is irrelevant

Sapa suffers from "Poor Me" syndrome.

When he doesn't like the answer to a question he takes his bat and goes home....

But he's addicted so will be back, again and again...

#54: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:38 pm
    —
...and suddenly i here the bzzz sound again...and i cant figure out were cockroach is...

#55: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:48 pm
    —
Hey children shut the hell up and act like adults.

This thread should have died days ago but now it's like a little kid's lunch table. "Mmaaaaaa you're a mom's boy!" "Mmmmmmmaaaa you're a jerk."

#56: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm
    —
we understand that matrix has not delivered a new cc to us. they patched the original games with a few features so we can play the games with our new systems.

the only we can get another cc is get take out a couple home equity loans, we locate a couple starving programmers in eastern europe or china and make our cc6.

I am not saying the new game should be a full blown 3d extravaganza. I dont mind see the game like a blitzkrieg or men of war type men and maps.

alot of you have modded this game to know what to explain to a programmer what kind of game design we would require.

if you dont want to do that, then wait for the upcoming "causeofwar" or Combat mission battle for normandy.

i have tried a couple of realism mods for men of war. unfortunately, they can not simulate the cc morale system.

why dont some of you experienced modder check of the men of war game to see if you can bring as close to cc as possible. maybe the 1c company would create this game for us.  also, the new theater of war may also have potential - if modded by our folks.

finally, maybe we should submit contact the bill and Melinda gates foundation and ask for a grant to make this game. I am a salesman and can pitch our project the bill. after all it one of his first games.

dont waste your energies and lets make some lemonade.

#57: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 pm
    —
Yeah, I'm hopeful some modders out there will implement some form of CC gameplay on a current game.  Matrix Games will never give us CC6.  So we've got to do it ourselves.

#58: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:04 am
    —
 Matrix Games will never give us CC6.  So we've got to do it ourselves.

What's this WE dude...

Me  we have made 100 maps for CC3, plus maps for CC5 Berlin (about half of them) CC5 Karealia 2(all of them), CC5 Bloody Omaha (about 8maps) CC5 RSR (43 from 44) and Afrika (40-41) 1 map CC5 Battle of Surabaya (did the groundwork for some of the maps)  CC5 Fall Sverige (some of the maps are based on my cc3 winter maps) as are some of the maps for the CC5 winterwar mod

You're prepared to dole out this sport of bullshit "As a last point, we would also like to make you aware that Matrix Games employees frequent this forum.  They include Schrecken, Southernland, Tejszd, Flamer and others.  They routinely engage in the systematic slander and abuse of people who express different opinions.  In fact, they often create new user accounts and post threads and responses that encourage you to purchase their software and products.  Don't be fooled.  Simply ignore their posts and realize that this is just part of their campaign of lies and deception.  It is truly sad that employees of a game company would ever seek to harm players and lie to them just to make money.  It is just indicative of the culture of deception present in Matrix Games."  the deception is you pissant, as is the slander.  What's we you done to date?  You're just a loud mouth little troll.

So I'm very much looking forwards to we (your) first project...  got an ETA for we (us)?  Maybe we (your) skills don't actually run to doing anything?

#59: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 am
    —
No maybe's about it...

Skilless, clueless, worthless!

#60: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 pm
    —

Forget that this forum is totally about The Close Combat Series.  That is only a small part of it.  The other part is that Close Combat Forums have existed as long as the game series itself, and has also been a fine place to practice the art of trolling, arguing about controversial political and religious subjects, and over who has done the best job of researching what "really" happened on such and such date in history.  Occaisionally we stoop to calling each other names and insulting our mothers.  We also correct each other's spelling and questionable parentage.

One thing we can pretty much guarantee:  You will always be entertained.  Enjoy!

This is my version Wink

#61: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:41 pm
    —
Sounds good to me Will.

This is a great place to get CC mods but a terrible place for communicating with other fans as everyone just wants to be a dick to everyone else.

#62: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:42 am
    —
We're finally getting close to an accurate description of this site.

#63: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:00 am
    —
Dundraal....you're either too blind or too stupid to recognize how moronic you sound.  So I won't even dignify your statements with a response.

And Southerland and Schrecken and the rest of the Matrix Games scam artists...you guys won't intimidate me into silence like you've done to others in the past.  I will continue to point out your lies and deception.  It's actually quite pathetic how you guys fumble in your own lies.  Schrecken just said they'd planned CC6, and that plans change.  No duh you genius.  We all know that.  The point is you guys didn't tell us the plans had changed.  You've maintained the lie and passed it off as truth for years now.  We all know damn well Matrix Games won't ever release CC6.  You don't have the talent nor the skills to give the CC community anything near to what we'd like in CC6.

So what do you do instead.  Rerelease CC5 under different names.  The Longest Day, Last Stand Arnhem, you guys can call it whatever the hell you want.  It's still CC5 Invasion of Normandy.  

And CC5 can be found for free on the internet.  So I'll continue to support it and encourage other people to avoid your scams.  No one needs to pay $40 for a rereleased pile of garbage.

#64: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 am
    —
Quote:
The point is you guys didn't tell us the plans had changed.

i haven't been told the plans have changed... so if I told you they had it would be a lie.

i just made a statement that plans do change.

back to English 101 for you

Quote:
t's still CC5 Invasion of Normandy.  

no it's not, are you a complete idiot?  ( no need to answer)

Quote:
And CC5 can be found for free on the internet

And that is what I'd say it's worth, so i agree with you on that.

#65: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:25 am
    —
Dundraal....you're either too blind or too stupid to recognize how moronic you sound.  So I won't even dignify your statements with a response.

Hold on...the guy making bold faced multi-color posts is telling me I'm moronic? Wow...and not sure if you know how it works but you actually did dignify me with a response.

All I know is I understand why this place is so small....all you fucking morons drive people away because you're internet pricks....warning to new players...haha you assume that someone is pirating CC5 and then getting all excited to come here?

These forums are so sad...mooxe I have to say it's interesting that you seem to facilitate this by not actually moderating these forums. I don't know if this is some "everybody has free expression" thing or what but this doesn't help this community it hurts it.

#66: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:18 pm
    —
Dundradal wrote (View Post):
These forums are so sad...mooxe I have to say it's interesting that you seem to facilitate this by not actually moderating these forums. I don't know if this is some "everybody has free expression" thing or what but this doesn't help this community it hurts it.

Free expression is allowed.

Free expressions may be moved to the trainwrecks thread.

Matrix bashing, CCS bashing, Schrecken bashing, pirated software links, especially Schrecken bashing, even Southerland is allowed to post multi paragraph drivel where he only makes a point in one sentance, Fred Phelps is an honourary member and he can be bashed to... you can speak about all this and more in this forum. If that makes this forum sad, then that is how the CC community is. sad. Moderating will only mask its true feelings. You cannot delete what people say to you verbally, why should this forum be any different?

#67: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: BOWMANHOODY PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 pm
    —
I've been a gamer , tabletop and pc for over 40 years, I've played all the  CC series since day one and some of the  re-releases .     I've enjoyed them all, some more than others.

GJS was I think,  an improvement on everything. 'Good for you ' I hear you say.  

I'd like to say 'Thankyou' to everyone involved for providing me and my mates ( the ones who don't gripe on forums ) who play these games with a superb (if not perfect) platform to ply our gaming skiills over the net.

It's not perfect I know, nothing ever is . We all hope for an improved game in CC6.  Whether it ever turns up remains to be seen.

Lets be grateful for what we have , and enjoy a mutual appreciation of a game series that is  and always will be a 'classic' in my opinion.  This bickering does no one any real good, let's have positive vibes instead of all the negativity .  It is always very easy to criticise.

If it (CC6) happens,  then some one is bound to be unhappy with the result, such is life .  Get used to it .

Enjoy CC  for what it is ....a game.

#68: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:36 pm
    —
Dundradal wrote (View Post):
 all you fucking morons drive people away because you're internet pricks....warning to new players...haha you assume that someone is pirating CC5 and then getting all excited to come here?

Yes for the first time I actually agree with you Dundradal.

I’m deeply offended by the hostile wording, abusive language, vulgar and aggressive formulation by some of CCS-members. I’m actually agreeing that such wording and expression may drive people away from CCS.

And I’m especially concerned for the fragile persons and them who are under 18. How will they be affected by this and what are the long term consequences.

I have here made a list of quotes that I found to be thee most offensive, vulgar, lowest forms of communication to date. These are also arguable the most harmful to CC-community.

Let it be clear, I’m all with you Dundradal, let us form a morale police and clean up this house of shame, smut and perversity!

As im trying to act responsible, so I have hidden the vulgar content to protect the innocent - and one need to press the “View Content” button to see the shocking qoutes.

WARNING  Do not press the “View Content” button if your health is weak, or if your under 18.  WARNING

Legal disclaimer: Stalky will not in any form or way take any direct or indirect responsibility for any type of harm that may come to anyone or anything after pressed the “View Content” button.  If you clicking the “View Content” button you have there by accepting and agreed to the terms stated here.  

Click “ View Content ”--->
Hidden: 

Look at your own words Dundradal...

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

#69: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm
    —
i think mooxe should enforce something to this post......

by the way, "WE ARE ALL THE SAME HERE!!!"

we're playing the same game in here people! why still fighting over some free expression our group member has just posted about that darn CC6.....UNTIL NOW

so why not ignore this post, AND MOVE ON!!!.....we have nothing to benefit from this chaos

#70: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: HoogleyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 am
    —
Jesus... are you guys still going?  Are you ever going to stop?  EVER?

I know, maybe you can all jerry-rig some sort of massive online game of CC where all of you are wired up so that when your soldiers die you get 10,000V electric shocks to the groin.  That way, you can all express physically the sentiments that you seem to be trying to express in writing.

People are ridiculous.

#71: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 am
    —

If we're speaking moronic that was a response... because you... well... um.. you f%#@ing responded you 'tard!  Do you understand?  To respond is is make a respo-... ohhh forget it some people you just can't educate.

And Southerland and Schrecken and the rest of the Matrix Games scam artists...you guys won't intimidate me into silence like you've done to others in the past.

Seriously?  I've intimidated some retard into shutting up?  Damn I'm good.  i wish you'd told me earlier I could have had a party.  Actually the whining and bitching seems just as loud as ever.

And FYI my only link with matrix was working with them as an independent contractor.  now i live like Charlie Sheen, ho and coke coming out my ears.   Bah hahahahaha

I will continue to point out your lies and deception.  It's actually quite pathetic how you guys fumble in your own lies.

Speaking of lies have we defined "we" yet from your last bizzaire speil.  Y'know... "we' should do something.

Schrecken just said they'd planned CC6, and that plans change.  No duh you genius.  We all know that.  The point is you guys didn't tell us the plans had changed.  You've maintained the lie and passed it off as truth for years now.  We all know damn well Matrix Games won't ever release CC6.  You don't have the talent nor the skills to give the CC community anything near to what we'd like in CC6.

And yet you're playing on maps that I made, wabbiting on the internet, salivating orgasmically over those German words... clearly I have a modicum of talent.

We didn't tell you about cc6?  Crap that was on my to do list!  Inform people about shit, that was it eh?  My bad.  Tell you what, here's a general summation of things as they stand.  There will probably be a new total war after Samurai TW, paradox is probably working on shit too, but who knows, they might decide not to, GTA is undoubtedly due for a revisit, after all they've probably spent the sqillions they've already made, Tetris is still smarter than you, and always will be, shit mud is smarter than you and can probably evolve to being smarter too.

So what do you do instead.  Rerelease CC5 under different names.  The Longest Day, Last Stand Arnhem, you guys can call it whatever the hell you want.  It's still CC5 Invasion of Normandy.  

Which (when you think about it... yeah I see the problem there) was really just CC4 plus a few things... so cc5 plus a few things is WaR, plus a few few things is tLD, plus a few things is LSA... or if you like a model T ford (PLUS A FEW THINGS!) is a Audi 8... see one thing leads to another.   Unless you're a luddite?

And CC5 can be found for free on the internet.  So I'll continue to support it and encourage other people to avoid your scams.  No one needs to pay $40 for a rereleased pile of garbage.

Free yeah course its free, thief!  So theiving a product (for free) is support?  Why don't you support your neighbor's car, or stereo, or tv, or computer, then you can play with yourself (cc5 of course).  And once again your brilliance is beyond human measure, Yes no one need pay $40 for any matrix product, they can choose to do without too.  Don't you love it that the creator gave us free choice?

#72: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:05 am
    —
The original Post should have included that after many attempts to patch the $50 re-releases you buy, they are still  a game riddled with errors.
NOT
That we don't have CC6 yet.

#73: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 am
    —
It's even more comical that people want a CC6 from Matrix (or whoever it is)?
Think about it.............
You want a NEW game from the very people who can't fix the errors they made in the re-releases?
The very same people who CAN"T find a graphic error on the Command Screen?
A screen you see EVERY-TIME you load the game!

There are still so MANY errors in the maps for WAR that they will never be fixed unless someone either A) Does it for them.
Or B) Points every single one out to them.

When you look at how many simple and easy fixes were needed and still need to be done for WAR I can't help but to wonder if years later how many .EXE errors people will be posting,the ones you only find after many many battles.And many many GC's?

Just today I did a simple test with WAR.
this test involved me playing a Op against the AI just to find the end results in order to see if I corrected the campaign debrief graphics.
So it was one Allied unit vs. 15 axis units.
When going to the next turn the Allied BG now had 2 units labeled as disorganized.(The game automatically fills all 15 slots)
How does 2 Teams get disorganized when their was only 1 team fighting a battle?
2 teams that you can not replace once this effect has been applied.
You call that a good idea?

Applying that effect to teams that survived the Battle would be a good idea,but in this case there was only one team fighting.
So therefore the game is applying a disorganized effect to your BG regardless of what team was fighting.
I had assumed before this that the effect was being applied to surviving teams but that looks to be not the case.

Penalize teams that haven't fought because of the previous teams results.
Good idea.

#74: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm
    —
Cool

I've been more or less off-line a few months, and while reading this I realise that there are few things that I'm glad I've missed...  Rolling Eyes

#75: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: FkB_ArleQUIM PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:07 pm
    —
bá!
Where is the fun?!

#76: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am
    —
I was so impressed with temple of doom's vociferous attack on the advances made on the re-releases that he has convinced me to buy LSA, which I will do this weekend.  I am now convinced that it will be money well spent.... now that it has been sufficiently patched up. Does this make me an a** licking sycophant of the developing team? I am sure temple of doom (or whatever your real nick is that you are hiding behind) will have something to say --- who cares? Not me, I will put my money where my mouth is and just enjoy it. I think re-introducing the point system was a good idea and forces the player to be more cautious.

Should we start slagging off CC5 now to provide some sort of pier pressure to make people give up a game they love? No, that would be way to childish and accomplish nothing. CC5 is a good game (with its bugs that were never corrected), enjoyed by myself and loads of others. I haven't purchased TLD but might do that later depending on what mods are out there.

Out of interest with the new pathing does that make the AI any more aggressive or intelligent? I just thought it might as they would be able to find better routes.

#77: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:29 pm
    —
DAMN  Exclamation

I take a wrong turn in Nogales, and I miss out on Stalky's EXTRA CONTENT.

I can't believe this thread continues...

Shocked  Idea

Note: Definition supplied for Schrecken.

#78: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 am
    —
i think this thread continues and never to end....Sad

#79: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 pm
    —
why shouldn't this thread continue? when the scam that is Matrix Games also continues.

as has become evident, all the patches that have been released are a joke.  seriously, how does this pathetic cheating company stay in business? by deceiving mostly new players to purchase a their product....and again....CC5, which is free and 100 times better can be downloaded for free.

so i hope new players choose CC5 rather than support the thieves at Matrix

#80: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:12 am
    —
CC5 is not free... You are a thief... Atomic went out business because CC fans like you.... I love the game so I much I stole it.... Shocked

#81: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:36 am
    —
I have always wondered about that?

Up to now, I thought you had to purchase a liscense to use the software. Never mind how the software came into your posession.

Stealing a liscence to use software, would be trickier than you suggest, perhpas from a legal perspective.  Arrow

Perhaps the physical media, like the CD itself, would be considered property, and therefore could be stolen in the classic sense.  Question

But the software can be copied from the media, and the media returned to its owner, if it is really property per se.  Idea

So, maybe, he is just using CC5 without obtaining a license.  Idea

Or maybe he has a valid license.  Question  Or maybe he has copied something he was not supposed to copy. But Stealing, hmm ...  Question

Just thought I would mention that, since you did not seem to ask him first.  Wink

#82: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:47 am
    —
read the EULA

#83: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:20 am
    —
the "End User LICENSE Agreement"........

well...this is the most important part of a software when buying it.....

but i think it is not important anymore nowadays because with all of the rampant pirated copies...it is useless

darn stupid illicit traders.....

#84: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:23 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
CC5 is not free... You are a thief... Atomic went out business because CC fans like you.... I love the game so I much I stole it.... Shocked

Actually, Schrecken is the Close Combat Consumer relation person for Matrix.
As such, we must take him seriously.

Rolling Eyes

Quote:
And CC5 can be found for free on the internet

In reply to that the official Matrix person has stated:

And that is what I'd say it's worth, so i agree with you on that.

So, taking Schrecken seriously as the Matrix official, this suggest that in leagal terms its not theft to download CC5. As its not theft to take something that is worthless: ie, have no value.

TJ, doesn’t this suggest that you should apologize to LostTemple for calling him a thief?  
Or does it suggest that Schrecken makes comments that have implications that he do not fully understand.

#85: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:27 pm
    —
At this point in the thread it might be appropriate to learn how to make a French Whore.

Link

#86: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:41 pm
    —
Of all the pests I’ve written about on "How to Get Rid of Things", none is more ubiquitous than the cockroach. Cockroaches have been with us since the dawn of humanity--the pesky roommates we couldn’t get rid of no matter how hard we tried. And we’ve been trying. Getting rid of cockroaches is no easy thing. There’s a reason scientists say one of the only creatures left after a holocaust will most likely be the cockroach.....

#87: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:07 pm
    —
Quote:
as the Matrix official

You keep returning to this... I dont know why.

i have nothing to doi mith Matrix so your posts are completely ridiculous and superfluous as where your posts on map coding, they make interesting reading but are meaningless.

#88: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:47 pm
    —
You keep returning to this... I dont know why. i have nothing to doi mith Matrix so your posts are completely ridiculous and superfluous as where your posts on map coding, they make interesting reading but are meaningless.

Indeed,

shrecken.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  240.25 KB
 Viewed:  8342 Time(s)

shrecken.jpg

#89: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:01 pm
    —
ooohhhh.....OUCH!!!!

#90: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 pm
    —
MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC LIMITED WARRANTY

MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE PROGRAM RECORDED ON CD OR DISKETTE OR THE GAME DESCRIBED IN THIS RULE BOOK, THEIR QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PROGRAM AND THE GAME ARE SOLD "AS IS". THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THEIR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE IS WITH THE BUYER. IN NO EVENT WILL MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECT IN THE PROGRAM OR GAME, OR FOR LOST DATA RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM USE OF THE PROGRAM OR GAME, IN ALL CASES EVEN IF MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES (SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU).

MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC LICENSE AGREEMENT

The enclosed software program and this manual are copyrighted.  All rights are reserved.  The original purchaser may print or have a print/copy shop make a printout and/or copy of the manual.  Matrix Publishing, LLC grants the original purchaser of this software package the right to use one copy of the software program. You may not rent or lease it, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, or modify the software in any way.  All editors may be used to create scenarios that may be freely distributed.  All scenario authors hold the ultimate rights to their designed scenarios and Matrix Publishing, LLC makes no claims thereof.  You may not copy or distribute copies in any media form. Any persons doing so shall be guilty of copyright violation and subject to the appropriate civil or criminal action at the discretion of the copyright holder.

© 2007 Matrix Publishing, LLC   All Rights Reserved. Matrix Publishing, LLC and the Matrix Publishing, LLC logo are trademarks of Matrix Publishing, LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners and Matrix Publishing, LLC make no claim thereto.

USE OF THIS PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE
LICENSE AGREEMENT AND LIMITED WARRANTY

So, what you can conclude from this.  Question

If you mod the software or distribute mods or the original software for any purpose, even if you are distributing the software back to Schrecken, or Matrix themselves, or any of their agents, like TJ, then you are breaking the law.

Note: Definition supplied for Schrecken

#91: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:23 am
    —
Funny, they never asked me if they could write that.

#92: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:24 am
    —
Why are you quoting the matrixgames EULA when talk was about CC5...?

You may as well quote the World of Warcraft EULA for all it's worth.

#93: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 am
    —
SINGLE-USER PRODUCTS

THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (EITHER AN INDIVIDUAL OR AN ENTITY) AND MATTEL, INC., AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES ("MATTEL").  THIS AGREEMENT IS GOVERNED BY THE INTERNAL SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (AND NOT BY THE 1980 UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS, AS AMENDED). BY INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.  IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, REMOVE THE PRODUCT FROM YOUR HARD DRIVE AND PERMANENTLY ERASE ALL COPIES OF THE PRODUCT. IF YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL INSTALLER OF THE SOFTWARE YOU MAY PROMPTLY RETURN THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING PRINTED MATERIALS) WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE TO THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED FOR A FULL REFUND OF THE AMOUNT PAID.

MATTEL SOFTWARE LICENSE

GRANT OF LICENSE.  This License Agreement permits you to use one copy of Mattel software (the "Software"), which may include electronic documentation, on a single computer/workstation. The Software is "in use" on a computer when it is loaded into the temporary memory (i.e., RAM or Cache) or installed into permanent memory (e.g., hard disk, CD-ROM drive, or other storage device) of that computer. This License does not constitute a sale and does not authorize a sale of the Software or anything created thereby. All intellectual property (including copyright, trademark and patent) in the Software, including all animations, audio, images, maps, music, photographs, video, and text incorporated into the Software, are owned by Mattel and its suppliers and licensors, and are protected by United States laws and international treaty provisions.  Mattel and its suppliers and licensors retain all rights not expressly granted. You must treat the Software like any other copyrighted material, except that you may make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes. You may transfer your rights under this Agreement on a permanent basis provided you transfer the license granted by this Agreement, and the Software and all associated printed materials, and you retain no copies, and the recipient agrees to all of the terms of this Agreement.
* You may not use the software on or over a network or any other transfer device (including the Internet) except in a manner using the network and online functions included in the Software, if any. Use of the Software on more than one computer constitutes copyright infringement and may be punishable by civil fines, criminal penalties, or both.
* You may not rent or lease the Software, but schools and libraries may lend the Software to third parties provided the Software is in CD format and each end user is given a copy of this License Agreement which will govern the use of such Software.
* You may not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.* You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels in the Software.
* You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the Software or distribute printed copies of any user documentation provided in electronic format.
* You may not publicly perform or publicly display the Software.
The restrictions contained herein apply equally to hybrid CD-ROMs which may contain multiple versions of the Software for use on different operating systems.  Regardless of the type of media you receive, you may use only the portion appropriate for your single-user computer/workstation. In the event you fail to comply with any of the terms or conditions of this license, your rights to use the Software will end, you shall stop using the Software, remove the Software from your computer, and permanently erase all copies of the Software. You may not export or reexport the Software or any underlying information or technology except in full compliance with all United States and other applicable laws and regulations.

LIMITED WARRANTY

LIMITED WARRANTY.  Mattel and its suppliers and licensors warrant to the original installer of the Software, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, that the media on which the Software is distributed is substantially free from defects in materials and workmanship. ANY AND ALL OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.

REMEDIES.  Your exclusive remedy shall be, at Mattel's sole option, (a) the refund of the amount you paid for the Software or (b) repair or replacement of the Software, provided that the defective Software is returned to Mattel (at Mattel Interactive, 2850 Earhart Court, Hebron, KY 41048. Telephone: (319) 378-7319) along with proof of the date of purchase within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Software has resulted from accident, abuse, neglect or misapplication. Any replacement Software will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer. Except as set forth above, the Software is sold "as-is", without any express or implied warranties of any kind.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES.  IN NO EVENT WILL MATTEL OR ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, ECONOMIC, COVER, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, USER DOCUMENTATION, OR RELATED TECHNICAL SUPPORT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES OR COSTS RELATING TO THE LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS, GOODWILL, DATA, TIME OR COMPUTER PROGRAMS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL MATTEL'S AND ITS SUPPLIERS' AND LICENSORS' LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE CLAIM (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTRACT, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR TORT CLAIM). BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

MISCELLANEOUS

Mattel may cancel, change, modify, discontinue, terminate or charge a fee at any time for any reason for the online services advertised as part of this product.

No change or modification of the License will be valid unless it is in writing and is signed by Mattel. The provisions of this Agreement are severable; if any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If the Software was acquired outside the United States, then local law may apply.

U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS.  The Software and user documentation is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS AND LIMITED RIGHTS.  Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software--Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Mattel, Inc., 333 Continental Boulevard, El Segundo, CA, U.S.A. 90245.

So, what you can conclude from this.    Question

If you mod or publically show (i.e. screen shots) the software or distribute mods or the original software for any purpose, even if you are distributing the software back to Schrecken, or Mattel themselves, or any of their agents, then you are breaking the contract, and your license is invalid, and you are required to stop using the software immediately.

It is not as onerous as the Matrix EULA.

#94: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:58 am
    —
I am going to report Stwa

#95: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:35 pm
    —
Already done!

#96: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 pm
    —
Why matrix it does not distribute demo versions the new CC???

Maybe it would save all bads comments........

No like Demo version.....No Buy Product.

#97: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:20 pm
    —
Muhahahahaha   Exclamation

As a general rule I NEVER distribute anything to anyone.  Idea

Well maybe a few data mods here and there  Question

With a untrustworthy creep like Schrecken floating around, you cant take any chances.

And to think this guy was a Matrix Rep at one point. Not anymore  Exclamation   Laughing

Laughing

#98: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:24 am
    —
Quote:
I NEVER distribute anything

You distribute manny pics.

but you really are a horrible person aren't you?

No wonder your kids hate you.,

#99: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:38 am
    —
You know schrecken,
I actually fell bad for all the crap you have to take for defending the Co. you no longer work for.

Laughing

But at least you got something out of it.
Those free $50 dollar games you see on your shelf have to make you feel proud of yourself.

Does that feeling last when you see your PC Monitor?
Cause it doesn't lie.

#100: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:31 am
    —
Thanks michael.

yeh, i feel good, so that's not a problem.

thge games cost $80 here.

it is just stwa's pathetic posts.

;)

#101: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: fry30 PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:20 am
    —
stop.... please?

Its only the hardcore that bother to read these posts.... maybe I'm in the wrong place, but this is just embarrassing. Everyone works their ass off, lets keep it that way.

Close Combat is great and if it wasn't I, nor many else, would still be here everyday posting... Unless that is some of us have nothing better else to do.... And if so, then work it out on Game Ranger. Its worked for me these last two years.

#102: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:51 pm
    —
When I am not playing close combat, I play with my own poop.

#103: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:21 am
    —
"POOP"!!!!

what does that mean??? (laughs)

#104: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 pm
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):

Close Combat II was brilliant. Close Combat III was Sublime. Cross of Iron is an improved version of Close Combat III.

Close Combat IV, V, and the later spin offs are OK but lame in comparisson to III and COI. Have fun playing the ones you like.

Good take.  I agree.  CC2 was the very best especially for A.I. playability.  CC3 was on par but not quite as strong as CC2 in some respects.

CC 4 and 5 were awful...especially CC5.  Ironically the later releases saw a regression in quality.  To the point CC5 as is...just plain awful unless you play H2H only.

CoI was a pretty solid re-release.  I'm somewhat disappointed in the CC2 and CC5 re-releases , especially considering the price.

It is what it is...the development crew did the best they could on the shoestring budget and skeleton resources they had to work with.   CC2 and CC3 i'm sure spent some real $$$$ on the production in comparison to what Matrix invested.  They just don't want to spend $ on what the big Corporate bosses perceive as an old game that doesn't sell.

#105: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:36 pm
    —
I think Dj is quite right there, I don't think the game will be as good as CC2 can be (when it got out)

But I need to say that with the last patch I just restarted to play LSA and I'm haivng a lot of fun
I'm the kind of player that play mostly VS the AI because playig online a GC with someone is quite hard for me due to time constraints...
But I only played on GC on allied, then tried the German side but stoped the XXX corp at 1st map because attacking side sucked.

Now it seems that the AI attacks now, not always in the best manner but I'm having difficulty to win I've retreated near Veghel to hold a line VS XXX corp and counter attacking with my panther unit.

I need to say that those who say that Matrix are releasing half done game is somehow right... if they would have pulled the game like it is now I think it would be quite good...

But the product is def. better than CCV but the lack of mods is killing it...

#106: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:01 am
    —
CC1 to CC2 was a huge leap forward. CC3 was a moderate leap. The CC3 scenario editor is a real jewel in the series. CCIV and V was a slight step sideways being really no large improvement over CC3. Dropping the Scenario Editor was a major blunder.

Imagine if CC IV had been as dramatic an improvement of CC3 as CC2 was to CC1 and so on. Today we would be playing Close Combat X a cutting edge photorealistic game with advanced AI and Psych model. Advanced Scenario/Campaign Editor with Map Maker and Game saves of each match. Detailed Stats of Players. But it didn't work out that way. Its a great game that got left behind. I just hope CC inspires someone with big money to make a great wargame in the near future.

I think every CC player should be happy that Matrix has done the work they have. Would have it been better they had left CC alone? I think not. The critics are always free to make a better game or mod the game to their visions delight.

#107: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 am
    —
i agree with US_Brake in this.......

so why instead "they" (Matrix) make a new one instead of rereleasing of old CC games??.......

#108: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 pm
    —
matthewhalos wrote (View Post):

so why instead "they" (Matrix) make a new one instead of rereleasing of old CC games??.......

question of money and business approach???

3 Re-releases give more money than 1 game PC.........I Think!

#109: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 pm
    —
could be.....

#110: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:24 am
    —
matthewhalos wrote (View Post):

they've re-released the old games because they have never had any real intention of making CC6.  Oh sure, they say they will....but they've been saying for the past few years.  Put up or shut up...and stop d*cking us around you lying cheating bastards.

#111: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:53 pm
    —

they've re-released the old games because they have never had any real intention of making CC6.  Oh sure, they say they will....but they've been saying for the past few years.  Put up or shut up...and stop d*cking us around you lying cheating bastards.

Where in the last few years have they said there was gonna be a cc6?

The new owner of Atomic made a vague, passing reference to, one day, possibly, revisiting the series a few years ago.
I don't recall Matrix ever recently saying a new cc is on the way.  It's most likely to come from somewhere else..

#112: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:25 am
    —
no use in argueing, cc6 is coming as combat mission battle for normandy.

#113: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:20 pm
    —
These guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, can't polish their games properly and aren't exactly well mannered, but still Simtek has done much more for CC than Atomic Games has ever done after CC2.
CC was stagnating since 3 and they have only added the operational minigame as a primitive way to addict players without self-control. Even the faulty data in CCMT was already in CCM by Atomic Games. Atomic Games basically ran the series into the ground.

Still, generally I agree with the OP about his dislike of Matrix Games. Their lies about features of CCMT, not patching of the game properly, deciding to sell CoI for full price and making it incompatible with CC3, etc. definitely made me despise them.

#114: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:59 am
    —
Come on guys............Are you kidding me here?
I still stand with the argument that asking these MORONS for another game makes all of you look stupid.

Is that what you really want?
Another piece of shit game from Matrix for $50-$60

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

#115: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:24 am
    —
Oh wait

I know
I know

You think that because it's gonna be a "NEW" game that it won't have any of the old problems

I see
I see

Yes
Yes

You may be right here

New game means no old bugs

why?

Because it's a new game

very cleaver
I wasn't thinking like guys

Dumbass's

#116: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:33 am
    —
It's funny to think back at all the heat Dynamite took for selling his Okinawa Mod for CCV

When in reality the man was ahead of his time.

#117: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:34 am
    —
Shall I continue

Or have you had enough?

#118: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 am
    —
my question still stands.
Where in the last few years have they(Matrix) said there was gonna be a cc6?

#119: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am
    —
Spinlock wrote (View Post):
my question still stands.
Where in the last few years have they(Matrix) said there was gonna be a cc6?

We can’t expect Matrix to speak, juridical persons tend not to.

Instead we listen to the ppl associated with Matrix and the developer (they speak).
These persons are associated with the distributor of CC and the making of CC thus they are insiders that we presume holding valid, true, accurate information and possible insider information about CC future. So it make sense listen to them and beliving what they say.

Tejszd is in the CC developer team. He’s a tester or something more that that, but his exact status in the dev team is unknown (to me).
Schrecken is listed as a consumer relation person for Matrix, he’s also listed in numerous roles in the CC-developer team.
CSO_Linebacker, well, not sure what he done but he worked more then a 1000+ hours on the rereleases.

Here is some of what they said, their latest statement just 2 month ago:

Tejszd said at Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 am at page 1.
"Thus CC6 from them could have only been promised for the last 4 years, though as you pointed out they did say that 5 re-releases were going to raise money for CC6 development. So it seems like they did what they said they were going to do???? With the 5 re-releases out now we'll have to see if they do what they said they would in the next year or two.... "

Tejszd said at Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:26 pm  
"Good question. The money earned supposedly is/was going to be reinvested into a CC6, "

schrecken Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 pm    
"Close Combat is close Combat.
Until we create CC6 it will always be so. "

CSO_Linebacker said at Sat May 15, 2010 8:12 pm :
“Matrix didn't buy the rights.  Simtek made a rights agreement with Destineer.  Simtek would work on the re-releases, but Destineer gets the largest cut of the pie from the 3, or more, hands going into the pie as the rights holder.  Simtek goes the way of the Dodo, and Strategy3Tactics evolves from the ashes in an effort to complete the Simtek contract with Destineer...all the while hoping that their piece of the pie...the smallest of all the hands in the pie...will be enough to produce a brand new game on a brand new engine once out from underneath the licensing rights.”

He also said:
“, what tiny bit of the saleprice that S3T gets from each sale (License holder first = Destineer, the publisher = Matrix, the leftovers = S3T) will be enough to pay for a brand new engine and next generation of CC.”

///End Qoutes

The CC-insiders are under NDA, and are constantly reminded of that by Schrecken et al. When they make statements like in the example quotes a bow were they are saying that CC6 is a function of the sale of the rerelease, Schrecken nor any of the team have threatened them nor slapped em for saying so. And why should Schrecky slapp em as Schrecken him self said they make CC6.  

As Matrix have not stopped there insiders and officials from saying that CC6 will be made from money earned from rereleases, the conclusion Matrix want us to draw will be exact what they say. As in, “you buying the rereleases and that will give you CC6”. And Matrix and the cc-insiders are well aware of this.

But at this stage, I dont care about a CC6 (Made by Matrix et al), my thoughts are in line with platoon_michael's in this regard.

Sad.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun May 08, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

#120: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:10 pm
    —
Have you moved to Gary Grigsby's War in the East or something like that, AT_Stalky?

#121: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 am
    —
the formula that makes CC so good is: no unit building

What's so exceptional about it? It's pretty much a standard in tactical-level real time simulations and in a tactical-level wargames in general.
Why would anyone build units in a tactical wargame?

limited ammo,

Again, it's a standard in tactical-level wargames. Are you genre illiterate or something?

strategic level & battle level maps,

How about ending the "operational level" bastardisation? It's just a cheap addiction-creating trick that removes realism of command from the game.

and team psychology.

Individual dude psychology is the only thing that is characteristic for CC.

#122: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: pagskier PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:49 pm
    —
I`m going too for the not too complicated Interface that you use

#123: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:12 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Come on guys............Are you kidding me here?
I still stand with the argument that asking these MORONS for another game makes all of you look stupid.

Is that what you really want?
Another piece of shit game from Matrix for $50-$60

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

Very very true.  Asking Matrix for a decent CC6 game is like trying to find a 4 leaf clover at the end of a rainbow next to the Fountain of Youth while holding a rabbit's foot.  It's never going to happen.

As At_Stalky and others in the thread have proven conclusively....Matrix is a cheating lying company only concerned with exploiting the Close Combat series for profit....without any real interest in what us gamers want.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1