What was your first wargame?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: What was your first wargame? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:20 am
    —
Risk... then Axis and Allies....... 1st computer RTS I played was Dune.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: Archangel PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:59 am
    —
LHX helicopter simulation game first (not RTS)
Dune 2nd

#3:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:46 am
    —
Risk. Used to play with my older brother who'd cheat by throwing a few extra armies on his countries. Our game was so old it had wooden pieces!. Next was Blitzkrieg (Avalon Hill) followed by many others.

Grunt

#4:  Author: FFLjagLocation: France PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:29 am
    —
i think Monopoly :a great financial war no? Laughing

Risk and after Operational Art of War on my first computer

#5: its always only been one... Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:01 am
    —
my first H2H on a computer was CCIII the russian front.it was an amasing day....marriage suffered ever since... Sad
my first computer game on my own PC was a applt IIe was written in script by my self(ghost, a maths game)

#6:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:08 pm
    —
red alert for pc... did dungeons and dragons for many years before the days of the pc

#7:  Author: Wodin PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:37 pm
    —
Battleships.

Chess.

Then some electronic game similar to chess but you had a board with plastic counters standing up on each one facing you was its rank. When you went to take an enemy counter up place them on some kind of chip and you would either here the last post (loss) or something else for a win.

Then some fantasy wargame on the Amstard 464.

#8:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:16 pm
    —
RedScorpion wrote:
red alert for pc... did dungeons and dragons for many years before the days of the pc

Red Alert...that was a great game!

#9:  Author: rufus PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:10 pm
    —
my first computer games were anythink by SSI brilliant stuff way ahead any other computer wargames imo for the period(mid 80's) particulary liked colonial conquest.although the first comp game that really got me hoocked was ELITE the space trading and fighting game.

#10:  Author: Wodin PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:21 pm
    —
Elite on th BBc B 32k computer.

I played that for near on a year nearly everyday. Saving on to a tape. Then my tape got chewed up.

A years of playing down the drain. I was 12 and in one hell of a mood!

#11: first war game Author: sickf1 PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:57 am
    —
Squad leader avalon hill, many hours moving those little counters on board. soon as i saw cc1 i thought squad leader on comp. Smile

#12:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:25 am
    —
The forefather to the great Close Combat series...

The Atari 2600 COMBAT!

Here's my first ever AAR:

I spot his unsuspecting Panzer hiding behind the hedge in defensive position.
Here I move in on his left flank and approach his position to get the kill.

Major allied victory! Wink

#13:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:03 am
    —
well at the age of 42 my missus brought a second hand computer home that had the ccv demo on it... told a bloke up the road about it and he introduced himself as AA Wingen and brought me up to speed with the community. Been going 2 years now and the whole thing only gets better.

#14:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:47 pm
    —
CC2 or red alert...

Cant remember that far back. Laughing

#15:  Author: Pzt_penguin PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:24 am
    —
Man my first war game would have to be A apache flight sim on the C64 Laughing but didnt realy start playing war games untill I got the first close combat Smile

#16:  Author: FFL_cheesecakeLocation: Angers (france) PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:49 am
    —
GETTYSBURG from sid meier and CC2/CC3... the first games i bought when i bought my first PC in 2000

#17:  Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:55 pm
    —
My first war game was either the "Wings" boardgame with plastic WWI planes on pedestals or Gettysburg with all the carboard counters.

My first real PC wargame was the V for Victory series (Mac version). I still have a copy of the DOS versions. I still find it fun every once in awhile. Very playable, although not very challenging. Of course, then, like now, the AI is always on drugs.

#18: Oh the memories Author: deftac03Location: USA PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:03 am
    —
First board wargame was either Avalon Hill's Panzer Leader or Panzer Blitz. Leanred from my 10-yr older brother. Then got hooked on SSI's Mech Brigade on a Commodore 64.

And for whomever mentioned Elite, it has been released again by someone who made a DOS version that is 100% true to the original. If you do a google search you might come across it.

#19:  Author: Luft_WittmannLocation: Canberra, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:39 am
    —
My first on MPC were Command and Conquer, CC2 and Stell Panthers,
I have Axis and Allies Europe board game but I dont have any friends willing to play it damnit.

#20:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:47 pm
    —
Beach head and commando on the good old C64... Rolling Eyes

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 11