What was your first wargame?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#201: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: Hank PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm
    —
Rise and Decline of the Third Reich. I was a Freshman in college.

#202: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: bexx76 PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm
    —
ROMMEL, LAST GLORY AT KASSERINE : http://zargosl.free.fr/rommel-UK.html
JENA:  http://zargosl.free.fr/jena-UK.html
YORK TOWN: http://zargosl.free.fr/yorktown-UK.html
NORGE: http://zargosl.free.fr/norge-UK.html

lol it was 1986, i was 10 years old, i received the games from a friend of my father....

#203: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:05 pm
    —
1st console wargame was Panzer general on PS1.. I had a war game for sega but cant remember its title
1st PC wargame was infact the awesome Close Combat III
1st board war game was carrier strike by MB in 1980.. followed by dawn patrol by TSR in 1982.. then anzio '74,stalingrad,wooden ships and iron men and stratego around 1985

#204: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:31 am
    —
Massive snowball fights in Greenland! (does it count?) Sure felt like all out war.

#205: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: dan_the_general PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 am
    —
Arnhem or Theatre Europe on ZX Spectrum +.
I play both, but dont remember which was first.

#206: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:18 am
    —
CC A Bridge too Far. Then a friend told me about another CC game that had just been released at the time - CC3 The Russian Front. Bought that a couple of days later. Awesome series.

#207: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:49 pm
    —
1st PC game was CC3 and bought it in 1999.. and been a fan ever since

#208: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:06 am
    —
I started table top wargaming when I was a kid...too long ago to remember  Very Happy I have close to a thousand 25 mm napolionic figs I don't use now. I started playing CC at CC 2 and was hooked.....love CC.
my favorite right now is LSA / GJS mod. stock LSA isn't that great per say but love all the game options it has. IMO it was the pinicle of CC for that....all the stuff we wanted in a CC game. matrix finally listened...then after LSA took some of the options out....sigh.

I have great hopes for the bloody first....hoping Matrix listens to the people who buy there games and improves on it to make better CC games.....so far im not getting my hopes up in that dept........sigh

#209: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: Jatke PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:15 am
    —
Plastic soldiers on a brown and cream, 12" tiled linoleum bedroom floor, between my bed and my bother's. Assorted toys were used to landscape the battlefield, from Ft Apaches walls to Lincoln Logs (which 'explode' really well when hit solidly). Every turn you got to move 3 soldiers half a tile each, attempting to get a guy to the enemy goal line. After WeGo movement you got to shoot, from up on your bed, as many rubber bands as there were soldiers left alive for you. MGs got to shoot as many rubber bands as you could fit onto your fingers in 1 shot. Mortar and bazooka men got to use the heavier gauge rubber bands. One soldier was secretly selected to be your sides leader. If he got killed you immediately lost.
We had rules for determining who was killed or wounded, with wounded men returning to battle at your goal line after 3-5 turns depending on how bad he was hit. Any man who had a rubber band touching his base or body was pinned and could fire but not move.

Needless to say we spent far more time battling it out on the floor than doing homework. But only until  Avalon Hill came along, then SPI.

#210: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pm
    —
Carrier Strike by Milton bradley in 1980
dawn patrol by TSR in 1982
Anzio and Stalingrad from Avalon Hill in 1985

1st pc wargame was Close Combat III in 1999

#211: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: Astalon PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:54 pm
    —
First board wargame - Panzerblitz in the very early 80s.

First PC game - the original Close Combat not long after it was released.

#212: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: longnez PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:15 am
    —
CCIII Front Russian Front the best serie

#213: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:20 pm
    —
longnez wrote (View Post):
CCIII Front Russian Front the best serie

Glad to you are a part of the ELITE!

not alot of us die had CCIII players left i think..Technically I play COI these days as its more stable and a bit better than COI .. same otherwise..

everyone  has a hard on for LSA or TLD these days it seems

#214: Re: What was your first wargame? Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:21 pm
    —
meant.. COI is a bit better than CC3

i cant edit my comments on this page?  havent been in a year or so.. guess not

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  :| |:
Page 11 of 11