Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:03 pm
    —
Hello,

Inspired by others on this forum I wanted to post my own Battle of Berlin with 3.5 VetMod AAR. I installed the mod a few days ago and wanted to first try a easy GC. Here are the settings:

I have been playing for a few days now and the defense is going good. The russians do know how to atack and they kill my infantry very fast but the panzers are saving the day. I made some bold defensive actions like
atacking the enemy deploy zone with 5 or 6 panzers. I`ve had a few total victories.

especially the defense at the Seelow Heights is doing great. I managed to move the PzGrDiv Kurmark to the map called Kustrin. To my great surprise upon arrival on the map the PzGrDiv Kurmark had a full fuel reserve. I decided to make the best of it and try to hold of the russian BG`s from advancing as long as i can. The first battle in the town went as planned. I set up a few blocking postions with grenadiergroups and panzergroups. This is the result:

Ill keep you posted about the progres to save Berlin.

Gr. Panzermayer

From the front! The Russians are beaten back by our swift counter-atacks and german troops are in pursuit of the enemy. Seen here are Panthers from PzGrDiv Kurmark crossing a pioneer bridge, there on the way to liberate Kustrin from the Sovjets.

Last edited by Panzermayer on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 pm
    —
April 18. Seelow Heights.

The BG on this map has already had the fair share of the fighting and some units are gaining fame fast:

I`ve stood my ground here but the last battle the Russians gained a VL on the firts hill. I wanted to recap the VL. I took a few volksturm groups to atack the hill VL and the would be surported by a PzIV. The other units would cover the russian field of advance from there original deploy zone. The battle started and in a min 4 Russian tanks where ablaze:

The batlle wend south for the Russians fast and I made some ground towards the hill VL when the AI decided to quit:

Gr. Panzermayer

#3: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm
    —
18 April - Werbig

The FJ BG is in a fighting withdrawal from the front. The Russians are atacking on this map with full force but the OKW wants to hold the map. My plan was to keep the russians bizzy with small battle pockets on the route of russian advance. I took 3 AT guns and some FJ groups. In the first minute I lost all my AT guns to Russian mortar fire! I took a little revenge because a panzershreck took out a t-34/85 but the panzershreck team also got blown to hell.

The battle ended because my morale collapsed. I still have 2 VL`s so the OKW will be ordering a last stand!

Gr. Panzermayer

#4: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm
    —
April 18 - Kundersdorf

OWK wants to hold the central front. My plan was the same as on Werbig, delay the enemy advance with small battle pockets. I took some infantry, 1 infantry support gun, 1 stug and 1 hetzer.

The enemy advanced with great care. There firts target was the vally VL and the ridge VL. The Russians routed my fusilier and MG team defending the ridge but I managed to kill some enemy infantry with mortar support. After that action everything went calm on the battlefield. The Hetzer damaged a t-34/85 and IS-2.

Gr. Panzermayer

EDIT: I got airsupport ingame. Strange because at the start of the round I had no support (air, arty). It was a FW190. I directed it against a enemy troop concentration but it did no damage, what was strange because during its straffing it had like 8 blasts following it!

#5: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: LostTemple PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:29 pm
    —
awesome! i love this mod, and it's good to know I'm not the only one getting my butt kicked by it.

When you're ready to really feel the intense pressure, change the settings again.  I've been playing it on the hardest difficulty, and it's gotta be the most insane thing I've ever experienced in CC.

look forward to reading more of your progress reports!

#6: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: panssarijaakari PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 pm
    —
Nice AAR you got here. I love AAR's with pictures.

Personally, I'd like to try the BoB mod as well, although my computer crashed whenever I try to play a CC5 mod. D:

#7: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:45 pm
    —
April 18 - Diedersdorf

OKW wants to hold this map! The plan was to atack the Russian deploy zone. If this plan succeeds the whole southern sector is still in german hands!

I took 2 Stugs, 1 ATgun and 1 Infantrygun. I was pretty confident that I could rush the enemy positions. But it went bad fast. 1 of the stugs was immobile from the start, the infantrygun got scared fast and bailed out. I moved a stug forward but it got blown up by a immobile T-34/85. The ATgun tried to take out a Russian scoutcar but the crew missed with there firts shot and in return got hit and had to bail out.

The Stug action

The ATgun action

The AAR

EDIT: I got airsupport again, now by a Arado Ar 234. It did massive damage on a enemy troop concentration near the bridge!

The southern sector, i disbanded the german BG on Diedersdorf. The Russians now have to atack a SS BG if they want to move to Berlin

#8: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:21 pm
    —
April 18, afternoon

During the strat-moves I disbanded 1 BG at Dierdersdorf, moved out from Werbig and Kunderdorf.  

My plan is to hold the line from Alt Ranft to Fursetnwalde. The German BG`s need to hold the southern front so Russian BG`s cannot advance from Kustrin. On the rest of the front it will be a strategic retreat to the Alt Ranft - Fursetnwalde line.

April 18 Afternoon - Kurstrin

The situation does not look bad and OWK is even thinking of moving into prussia again. First I will need to save Berlin! Kustrin is a ongoing battle and the Russian will be atacking hard again. My plan was the same as before and it went great. First a enemy scoutcar got blown up by a ATgun. After that it went fast because grenadiers shot a IS-2 with panzerfausts and a Panther knocked out a IS-2 aswell. Then I counteratacked to recapture a VL in the town. The enemy was taken by surprise and many found there death in the ruble. My grenadiers picked up enemy weapons and first time they had enough ammo! They went beserk!

April 18 Afternoon - Wriezen.

My plan was to hit the enemy in the flanks. The plan blew up in my face! Within the firts min I had lost a ATgun, a Stug and a Jagdpanzer. Luckily the Russian commander had been drinking to many wodka and moved its team in front a sMG42 unit, they made the Russians pay for knocking out my panzers.

The street was colored red

Gr. Panzermayer

From the Front! Strong reserves are moving up towards the front. Russians steel vs German dogs.

#9: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: Panzermayer PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:12 pm
    —
19 April Midday - Kurstin

The Russians are pressing hard to gain a foothold in the ancient city of Kustrin. The PzGrDiv Kurmark knows its fast becoming a outpost in enemy occupied country. The battle plan is the same as always. Panzers and a ATgun cover the main street and grenadier units guard the centre town VL.

The battle starts slow but the Russians again want to atack the centre town VL. I let them take it. I respond with a counter-atack by grenadiers and a Panther. The result are 20 Russians KIA/WIA and a IS-2 burning!

Gr. Panzermayer

From the front! A German Panther tank covers a street in Kustrin. Its locked in a fight with the Sovjets, its about street smarts and bold actions. The German PzGrDiv Kurmark is pushing back back a entire Russian army behind the Oder.

#10: Re: Operation Gotterdammerung - Battle of Berlin AAR Author: RyzLocation: Boston, MA PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:49 am
    —
Panzermayer wrote (View Post):
April 18, afternoon

From the Front! Strong reserves are moving up towards the front. Russians steel vs German dogs.

poor dogs.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1