Folder renaming program?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Folder renaming program? Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:42 pm
    —
Hi,
Anyone know of a program that can batch rename folders?
I am wanting to rename folders that are numbered, but that have files inside them.
The folders need to be renamed in sequence with a higher numbers numbers ... for example:
0221 needs to be renamed 0281 ... and the many folders after need to follow the new pattern in sequence.

thanks

#2: Re: Folder renaming program? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm
    —
ACDSEE can do files and folder. Its primarily for images, but extends its use to that as well. I think its shareware. If this is for modding, you will probably find ACDSEE quite useful.

#3: Re: Folder renaming program? Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:43 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
ACDSEE can do files and folder. Its primarily for images, but extends its use to that as well. I think its shareware. If this is for modding, you will probably find ACDSEE quite useful.

Thanks mooxe
Gave it a try, as well as several others; including infraview ... but the only program that was able to get the job done was advanced renamer.
It was a specific task that involved removing the first four numbers of the folders' names (each folder's name after the numbers is also different) ... and then renumbering them in order using a different start number.

Nevertheless, it didn't accomplish what I'd hoped for, no fault of the program's work ... just my way of trying to solve the problem was incorrect. Interesting experiment though, but a waste of time ... except for seeing a few new program features

#4: Re: Folder renaming program? Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 am
    —
Check out FreeCommander, an alternative to WindowsExplorer. I really like the multi-rename tool, it works for files and folders.

#5: Re: Folder renaming program? Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:32 am
    —
You may also try http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1