Theater of War 3 : Korea !!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: FFL_KklinkkLocation: Austin, Texas PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:32 am
    —
while waiting for the next cc "Wacht A Normandy Too Far"   Rolling Eyes

http://www.tow-game.com/video

might call for a pc upgrade...   Laughing

#2: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:17 am
    —
this version has some improvements including a strat map. also, the infantry survival is improved.

I like the look but the infantry behavior still needs to be improved. Personally, i am waiting for the combat mission battle for Normandy coming out at the end of next month. I think this game will the successor for close combat.

#3: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: FFL_KklinkkLocation: Austin, Texas PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm
    —
I also really like the idea of Korea ... that's an interesting change.

I don't even recall a CC3 mod for Korea (korrect me if I'm wrong)

#4: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 pm
    —
WOW!

I had a look at those two games and what can I say... Impressive!

The new Combat Mission will be playable in real time and will represent each sodiler of a squad so it definatly look very promising. it does not look like it has a strat map so maybe if they release a future WWII game using Theater of War 3's engine with strat map would do the trick!

They are also cheaper (or the same price) than LSA!  Laughing

#5: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:35 pm
    —
Pzt_Serk wrote (View Post):
WOW!

I had a look at those two games and what can I say... Impressive!

The new Combat Mission will be playable in real time and will represent each sodiler of a squad so it definatly look very promising. it does not look like it has a strat map so maybe if they release a future WWII game using Theater of War 3's engine with strat map would do the trick!

They are also cheaper (or the same price) than LSA!  Laughing

no strat map for CMBN, you will have a large amount of user created scenarios and campaigns one the game comes out. TOW not so much because its has a smaller following. one advantage cmbn has the scenario edit/map maker make it super easy to create a scenario within a couple of minutes. of course, if you want more detail, it will take much longer.

Matrix would have a lot more customer if they lowered the price for their games.

#6: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:27 pm
    —
There are 3 new video AAR for the new Combat Mission here .

I'm afraid CC has been outclassed.

#7: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 pm
    —
The new CM looks pretty  good. But can it outclass CC in terms of being moddable?

#8: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:32 pm
    —
I dont know.

Playing LSA this afternoon, I used a full squad to storm a single house defended by the last two guys of a battered ennemy squad. The result was a full squad crawling for cover after the first shot and being stabbed to dead one after the other while seeking cover. It can't be as bad as this, can it?

#9: Re: Theater of War 3 : Korea !!! Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:51 pm
    —
Oh, I experienced just this many times in TLD GT 2.0 against Ronson. Realistic or not, such things are moddable!  :lol:

diggin

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1