# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: I don't get Merging Author: pagskier PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:43 pm
    —
Why would you merge battlegroups??
I just merged 2 battlegroups
and I didn't get more slots... something that I expected

#2: Re: I don't get Merging Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:26 am
    —
what BG's did you merege... combined,  where they large enough to move to the next level of open slots?

#3: Re: I don't get Merging Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:58 pm
    —
What iId like to know, it is what BG will merge in the other before doing the merger. I may not want to lose that tanks by sending it back to the FP.  Is it possible to control what bg will be «lost».   For exemple,  I might not want the Kriegmarine BG to absorbd the SS armored recon BG but rather the opposite. So far, it looks like the largest BG will automaticly absorb the smaller one.

#4: Re: I don't get Merging Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:00 pm
    —
Some time back i posted a similar question.  When you merge, the slots are determined by the total number of men in the unit.  Ill have to find it.

this is just pulling from memory, but the idea should be about right.

you have 2 BG's  one has 15 teams.  Some teams may have 3 men in a mg team, rifle teams may have 6.  totalling up all the men you might get 75 men.  The other BG might have 30 teams, say 175 men.  After merging you have 250 men.

The number of men in all the teams of the force pool determines upon the number of slots.  I cant remember the numbers, ill have to look up.  For some reason, I want to say 350 was one of the thresholds to increase teams.  Alot of the BG's in LSA are fairly small and it takes a lot of merging to get a bg up to snuff.

Take the German 9th and 10th SS.  If I remember, you practically have to merge them all together to get close to even getting a full slot count.  I havent messed with this idea, but I wonder if you are better off increasing slots by just having the second team act as a reserve.  Worth an attempt to check out.

Last edited by WillKnott on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: I don't get Merging Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:10 pm
    —
Found the earlier posts
My earlier post here

Matrix forum explaination

The number of slots available in a BG's active roster is determined by the total number of men in the BG's starting forcepool. A forcepool of 20 US Rifle teams would have 9 active slots available (20 teams x 6 men/team = 120 men).

< 120 men = 6 slots
120-239 men = 9 slots
240-359 men = 12 slots
360+ men = 15 slots

Vehicles are counted as men in the following proportions:

1-3 vehicles = 0 men
4-7 vehicles = 40 men
8-11 vehicles = 80 men
12-15 vehicles = 120 men
16-19 vehicles = 160 men
20-23 vehicles = 200 men
24-27 vehicles = 240 men
28-31 vehicles = 280 men
32-35 vehicles = 320 men
36+ vehicles = 360 men

Examples:
119 total men + 3 vehicles = 6 slots
80 men + 7 vehicles = 9 slots
25 vehicles = 12 slots
240 men + 15 vehicles = 15 slots

#6: Re: I don't get Merging Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:01 am
    —
I ge tit so now before merning you need to do a lot of maths lol because whe you merger it`s usually to beef up a battlegroup, but mergning 2 battle group with pretty much the same effective isn't as good if you don't get over 120 men

thanks for the hints guys.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1