Realistic Soldier Ranks?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Realistic Soldier Ranks? Author: Normandy6644 PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:32 am
    —
So, as I have every once in awhile for the last 10 years or so (probably longer, whenever CC2 came out), I found my way back into playing Close Combat 5.

One thing I like to do when playing is rename my units to reflect their platoon roles.  So that "AB Command Squad" becomes something like "1st PLT HQ," and the other squads follow.  I like to give each platoon objectives, and it makes it feel more like an actual company rather than a haphazard group of squads.  

Here's a minor detail that has been bothering me though - rank.  I'm sick of seeing three First Sergeants leading every command team and no officers.  Most of the regular squads seem fine (usually sergeants or something, which is fine), but I can't understand why a fresh unit jumping into Normandy on D-Day isn't structured correctly.  I could understand it if maybe the unit has been in combat for awhile and lost many leaders, but on day 1?  

I know it's a minor quibble that doesn't really affect gameplay, but I was wondering if there was anything out there that fixes this.  Thanks!

#2: Re: Realistic Soldier Ranks? Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:57 pm
    —
I don't know the exact mechanisms that generates the rank of the leader, but it can get "funny" sometimes. I've just restarted playing  LSA and sometimes I when I change my Platoon Command to a Company Command I get a Sgt leading the Company,while other Plt. Commands have higher ranking officers... I have also noticed that one Command Squad (not always the Company CO.) have their name in bolder text on the overview map, and it's this squad that tells the player when support is available (and when bridges are blown in LSA.)  Cool

There is a simple, but annoying solution to your problem: Keep changing your command squad (with a rifle squad or something...) back and forth until you get the desired rank of your commander. May take a while, but it's my only idea.

And it's nice to hear that someone else is as possessed with crazy ideas as I am while playing.  Razz (I do the same thing with my squadnames and objectives as long as I play vs. the AI, h2h players seems to get a bit restless when I spend time renaming 10-12 squads)

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1