25th of April
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: 25th of April Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:19 pm
    —
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the going down of the sun...
I crouched in a shallow trench on that hell of exposed beaches... steeply rising foothills bare of cover... a landscape pockmarked with war’s inevitable litter... piles of stores... equipment... ammunition... and the weird contortions of death sculptured in Australian flesh... I saw the going down of the sun on that first ANZAC Day... the chaotic maelstrom of Australia’s blooding.

I fought in the frozen mud of the Somme... in a blazing destroyer exploding on the North Sea... I fought on the perimeter at Tobruk... crashed in the flaming wreckage of a fighter in New Guinea... lived with the damned in the place cursed with the name Changi.

I was your mate... the kid across the street... the med. student at graduation... the mechanic in the corner garage... the baker who brought you bread... the gardener who cut your lawn... the clerk who sent your phone bill.

I was an Army private... a Naval commander... an Air Force bombardier.  no man knows me... no name marks my tomb, for I am every Australian serviceman... I am the Unknown Soldier.

I died for a cause I held just in the service of my land... that you and yours may say in freedom... I am proud to be an Australian.
Lest we forget.

#2: Re: 25th of April Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 pm
    —

#3: Re: 25th of April Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 am
    —
Fear me all peoples of the world because i am OIL, POWER,GREED,POLLUTION,RELIGION,HUMAN killer of worlds.

Lest we forget

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1