interview with Peter Tamte CEO Atomic on future of CC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: interview with Peter Tamte CEO Atomic on future of CC Author: 7A_Bjorn PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:56 am
    —
March 11, 2009

As for the company's rich history: "It amazes me -- there's still a very vibrant Atomic community out there," Tamte muses.

Much of that community is centered around the acclaimed and influential Close Combat series of real-time tactical wargames.

"The last commercial Close Combat game shipped many years ago, but still there's a community out there," says Tamte, adding that he hopes the company can reengage with those longtime fans.

Currently, the series licensed to wargame-oriented publisher Matrix Games, which still releases new content for the existing games and updates their engines.

But Atomic itself intends to return to the series, Tamte promises, although its current project is unrelated. "In the future, we definitely plan on making Close Combat games again, refreshed with brand new technology," he notes.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22649

My comment: Now that Breach is out (Jan 2011), perhaps Atomic can form a team to develop CC6.  I sure hope so.

#2: Re: interview with Peter Tamte CEO Atomic on future of CC Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:53 pm
    —
I hope so too!! Very Happy
too bad they didn't said in a near future...

#3: Re: interview with Peter Tamte CEO Atomic on future of CC Author: Andreus PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:58 pm
    —
Beh, we already have the best we could have: CC2 to CC5 and the remakes. They all have their pros and cons, yet those are of the best wargames i've ever played.
I don't think they're releasing CC6 anytime soon nor far and I don't really care...

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1