TLD port - release date?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Meuse Mod

#1: TLD port - release date? Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:35 pm
    —
Hey Tejzd,

I've been waiting for a TLD port for a long time, and you already mentioned the fact that you have a version of the mod running on TLD. Do you have any plans for a public release, so we players can enjoy it? And if yes, do you have any estimate of the release date? I believe TLD has been pretty thoroughly patched, so I guess it's time to let us play with this baby! ;)

Thanks for all your work on the mod.

#2: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:36 pm
    —
Hey Amgot,

Yes, Meuse has been converted to run on TLD/WAR and has been for a while in its original CC5 form. Will there be a public release? At times I've wondered if/why given the comments/feedback on re-releases.... But since some others have committed to help do some updates I owe it to them to release their updates/work to a wider audience. Meuse for CC5 mod only had 17 original maps, thus we are working to get rid of the CC5 maps and change/expand the strat map. Things are progressing but there is still a lot to do so I will not give an ETA...

As for TLD/WAR they have been pretty thoroughly patched so hopefully we see a final official patch for both soon.

#3: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Amgot PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:59 pm
    —
Great news, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the release.

Try to give use some teasers from time to time. Wink

#4: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:56 am
    —
At times I've wondered if/why given the comments/feedback on re-releases....

#5: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 am
    —
I don't see how that comment is fair when in just about every case a Mod is way better than the game itself.
It would be a shame NOT to see Meuse released,but it is your choice.

#6: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 pm
    —
Work continues on Meuse....

Good progress is being made on replacing all the CC5 maps originally used and adding the 20 additional maps possible under WAR/TLD. Still a lot of map coding and the new strat map to do, so no ETA yet....

#7: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:30 pm
    —
Good Notices!More Thanks Tejsdz Wink  Wink

Maybe in LSA in a Future??

#8: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 pm
    —
Yes, would love to move it to LSA to take advantage of the some of the LSA specific features; blowing bridges, stacking BG's, going under bridges, etc.

Though changing the data from WAR/TLD to LSA will take some effort as the BG forcepool is completely different and then there will have to be some data changes due to the elements/weapon calculation changes made in LSA to make things more consistent.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Amgot PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 pm
    —
Good to see some progress on this, I'm eagerly awaiting this mod.

The plan is still first to port it to TLD, and then to LSA, right?

#10: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 pm
    —
Thanks, I would like the LSA version to be there too! Looking forward to it.

#11: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:07 pm
    —
I'm looking forward for the LSA version as well Smile Hopefully it would be released towards the end of 2011 (?)

Good luck Tejszd and whoever helps you on this

#12: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:03 am
    —
Short term there will not be an LSA version but maybe down the road.

Just moving Meuse from CC5 to WAR/TLD has become a much bigger project as it is no longer just a copy/port of the mod. Almost every map is being replaced or updated and 20 are being added to use the full 64 allowed in WAR/TLD. Progress has been good but there is still a fair amount to do;

Data files pretty much done (BG's, teams, weapons, vehicles, etc.)
56 of 64 maps drawn/updated
34 of 64 maps coded
new start layer still needs to be drawn

#13: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:35 am
    —
Thanks for the update. GL.

#14: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:58 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Short term there will not be an LSA version but maybe down the road.

Just moving Meuse from CC5 to WAR/TLD has become a much bigger project as it is no longer just a copy/port of the mod. Almost every map is being replaced or updated and 20 are being added to use the full 64 allowed in WAR/TLD. Progress has been good but there is still a fair amount to do;

Data files pretty much done (BG's, teams, weapons, vehicles, etc.)
56 of 64 maps drawn/updated
34 of 64 maps coded
new start layer still needs to be drawn

wow!
thanks Smile

#15: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:58 am
    —
great work Tejszd!

#16: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: fry30 PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:41 pm
    —
good job buddy this is a remake just like WAR and TLD. Keep going there are many who are excited for this!

#17: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm
    —
Meuse for tLD is fantastic, and pretty challenging playing solo against the French AI (MUCH more than CC5 was), and it will only get better when/if Tejszd releases.

#18: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 am
    —
fairly hard against the german AI too.  I've been playing a "do it yourself" French counter attack GC from the left side of the strat and have lost more french tanks than is good for me

#19: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Amgot PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:18 am
    —
Thanks for the update, can't wait for this baby!

#20: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:31 am
    —
Anyone up to assist with map coding to speed up the release date???

#21: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 am
    —
I can help.

#22: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:10 pm
    —
You should consider the legal implications of coding maps

#23: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:09 am
    —
So True,  Exclamation

But I am guessing I am not going to actually have to do that on this one, eh  Question

For several reasons, me thinks  Laughing

#24: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:32 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
So True,  Exclamation

But I am guessing I am not going to actually have to do that on this one, eh  Question

be[color=green]cause [/color]they're so f[color=yellow]rigg[/color]ing cool?

Last edited by southern_land on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

#25: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:38 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
So True,  Exclamation

See Schrecken,

I told you so. I am clairvoyant, eh  Question  Laughing  Confused

#26: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:56 am
    —
hmm odd there should have been a map image attached there

Origny-Sainte-Benoite Demo CCS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  224.2 KB
 Viewed:  13729 Time(s)

Origny-Sainte-Benoite Demo CCS.jpg

#27: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:16 am
    —
"The maps?  You can't the maps"  from the movie "a few good map coders"

"Code away Merrill. Merrill... code away."   from the movie M. Night Shyamalan's Codes

"You like Codes?  How you like that Coding?"  from the movie Will good Coding

" You're not an idiot. Huh! You're not a goddamn looney now, boy. You're a coder!"  from One flew under the coder's nest

Tyler Durden: "It's only after we've lost everything that we're code to do anything."  Codeclub

Don Corleone: "I said that I would see you because I had heard that you were a serious man, to be treated with respect. But I must say no to you and let me give you my reasons. It's true I have a lot of friends in politics, but they wouldn't be so friendly if they knew my business was drugs instead of gambling which they consider a harmless vice. But coding, that's a dirty business."  Codefather  aka the Godcoder

Kilgore: "Charlie don't code!"  Acodealex now

Sergeant Al Powell: Excuse me, sir! But what about the body that fell out the window?
Dwayne T. Robinson: Well, who knows? Probably some coder, got depressed.   Code Hard

Code away my good man, the sooner the remaining maps are coded up the sooner the full mod will be released

#28: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:48 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
southern_land wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
So True,  Exclamation

See Schrecken,

I told you so. I am clairvoyant, eh  Question  Laughing  Confused

common dude you're not gunna let that put you off are you?   Anyone else?  I'm working 12+ hours a day at the moment and have run out of steam...  PM Tejszd and volunteer before it's too late

#29: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 am
    —
Thank you for offering to help Stwa!

Here is the exterior and interior jpg map images for the city of Charleroi. Please use 5CC with the LSA element file for coding....

*** Deleted Attachment ***

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

#30: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:24 am
    —
I can probably start coding sometime around Feb 13th or so,  Arrow

meanwhile  Arrow

#31: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am
    —
I will only get a few days in February ...

I can get a few weeks later in the year  Arrow

#32: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:36 pm
    —
Origny-Sainte-Benoite Map is one beautiful MAP!  A fine crafted - jewel - !!

And those 2 screenshots have an aura of mystic !  Very Happy

#33: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
I will only get a few days in February ...

I can get a few weeks later in the year  Arrow

Cool thanks, every day helps, you might find coding faster than you expect once you get started.  PM me if you need any help

Another image to titilate you... this one is already coded and in the 44 map version,   "tres diobolique" as they might say in France (if they couldn't actually speak French)

Couvin demo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  282.84 KB
 Viewed:  13972 Time(s)

Couvin demo.jpg

#34: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 am
    —
Nice work boys, looking forward to it  Very Happy

#35: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:33 am
    —
Beautiful looking map SL

#36: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 am
    —
There are 3 maps that still require coding to have the 44 original strat maps all done and 10 maps to go to have 64 maps done for the new strat map (which is still needs to be done). All data, graphics and sound is good to go....

#37: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: bernd_nowak PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:19 am
    —
Looking great!!!!!

#38: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:39 pm
    —
wow, can't wait to play this mod! thanks for your effort

#39: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 pm
    —
Pretty excited as well!

#40: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:31 am
    —
doncherry map 1940

Doncherry EXT.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  375.07 KB
 Viewed:  13723 Time(s)

Doncherry EXT.jpg

#41: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:44 am
    —
Common potential coders  you heard darren, only a few maps left to code... one each

Chaumont-Porcien EXT.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  978.79 KB
 Viewed:  14957 Time(s)

Chaumont-Porcien EXT.jpg

#42: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:18 am
    —
I have told you before, but i say it again...YOU are the King of the Kings Shane! Very Happy

#43: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 am
    —
thanks Mats  one more taster for Meuse  Easy to defend (maybe) hard to assault (definitely)

Guise Uber map copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  701.71 KB
 Viewed:  14945 Time(s)

Guise Uber map copy.jpg

#44: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: pagskier PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:15 pm
    —
looks really good!

#45: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 am
    —
Thanks Shane, the previews look really good but with the trees they look great!

Couvin OVM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  313.22 KB
 Viewed:  14912 Time(s)

Couvin OVM.jpg

#46: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 am
    —
Doncherry with trees preview

Donchery OVM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  231.16 KB
 Viewed:  15510 Time(s)

Donchery OVM.jpg

#47: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:28 am
    —
Hell yeah, now thats what I'm talking about

#48: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 am
    —
Got one for Stonne?  the final version of that is pretty impressive

#49: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm
    —
mmmmm i think i have to visit some close lonely corner Very Happy  Very Happy

#50: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:43 pm
    —
just to prove such a place exists   Very Happy

Doncherry2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.97 KB
 Viewed:  15472 Time(s)

Doncherry2.jpg

#51: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: bernd_nowak PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 pm
    —
Great  Shocked

#52: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 pm
    —
Okay I'll put my money where my mouth is... the first person to get 3 maps coded gets my original CC 2, 3, 4, 5 discs (subject to me being able to find all of them (haven't played any of the originals for years) and no guarantree on condition)

Flavion EXT.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  359.09 KB
 Viewed:  15319 Time(s)

Flavion EXT.jpg

#53: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:57 am
    —
An amazing collection of maps

#54: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:29 am
    —
can you post a list of the units used in this new meuse mod version?

#55: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:54 am
    —
Looks brilliant Smile thx for all your hard work and efforts

Cheers
Ronson

#56: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:45 pm
    —
Stonne

History: May 15 German 1R GD and 10 PzD in the early morning attacked the French 3e DCR and 3e DIM. The town itself switched sides 17 times in the next 3 days between May 15 - 18.

Stonne OVM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.7 KB
 Viewed:  15285 Time(s)

Stonne OVM.jpg

#57: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:07 am
    —
I think most of us heard of this one Smile
I just love how your maps looks!
Sory to be such a fan! But shit it looks so good!

#58: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: Amgot PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:18 pm
    —
Looks amazing!

#59: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:15 am
    —
What?  no volunteers?  common this is not the army, you can safely volunteer here without being designated human mine detection detail

#60: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:55 am
    —
Hey Stwa,

I did get another volunteer who can start right away so I got them working on Charleroi. When you are available let me know and I'll upload another map for you....

#61: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:20 am
    —
Just in case anyone comes into the CC5 Meuse forum and looks at this thread about the TLD port.

The port/update to TLD was completed and released Sun Dec 30, 2012.

Link = http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4199

#62: Re: TLD port - release date? Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 am
    —
Thanks Tejszd!

Before seeing this thread I had no idea quite how much work you and the Southern Land had put in to the TLD Version.

Really great job!

For anyone interested,  A group GC for Meuse GC is going to start over at the discord in about a week's time

So far already 4v4

https://discord.gg/cEfqVDD

Close Combat Series -> Meuse Mod

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1