Ratko Mladic
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Ratko Mladic Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:33 am
    —
The community is quiet on this one. Seems being pc on this site, has some running scared.
Is Ratko a hero or villian?

#2: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:39 am
    —
A dinosaur from a small country that had a very dark period. It consumed the news in the '90s but now seems so backward. The nationalists / ex-communists won many small battles but lose the war because in the end it was too hard for an entire country to maintain that level of hatred.

#3: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:51 am
    —
Villian. That war was a war of hate. The hate runs in their blood.

Srebernicia..... What would you hav done if you were on the on scene UN commander?

#4: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:15 pm
    —
@ Mooxe I sincerely hope i would have had the guts to say take them over my dead body. Informed my commander of my decision, then switched off my radio set.... would I have actually done that? I can't answer that.

#5: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: Priapus PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:20 pm
    —
I visited Serbia a couple of years ago. Although there's still some unity with their supposed Slav brothers, the hatred towards Albanians was astonishing. Even the younger generation held onto a lot of racist stereotypes. I don't know how Ratko could possibly be considered a hero unless you are a nationalist Serb.

#6: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: dj PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 pm
    —
The only way to explain it...is that the hatred goes back so many generations, the young are bred to hate.  How can normal people commit genocide and treat women and children like that?  They have to be indoctrinated to hate to do such heinous war crimes and genocide.

#7: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: pagskier PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:07 pm
    —
This hate is 300 years old, when turks invaded and they converted to islam to save some tax I've heard...
They are traitors to them since then...

He's a true killer, so no respect for people of his kind. I hope he goes to jail for a long long time!

Hopefully it will be the last genocide in europe

#8: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:57 pm
    —
pagskier wrote (View Post):

This hate is 300 years old, when turks invaded and they converted to islam to save some tax I've heard...
They are traitors to them since then...

In fact, more than 300 years. Ottoman-Serbian wars lasted from 1371 to 1459, when Serbia was completely occupied. Ottoman supremacy in Serbia lasted until the Second Serbian Uprising (1815) when they manged to get an autonomy, although the Ottoman troops remained in Belgrade until 1867.
Yes, it is correct that a bunch of Slavs converted to Islam to avoid higher taxes. In fact it was so widespread that the Ottomans nearly begged people not to convert to Islam, but there were also the Bosnian Croats who converted in considerable numbers.

However, I must disagree with an observation that "they" became traitors in the eyes in the Orthodox Serbs back in the 15th century (for sure, some saw it that way), since nationalism and creation of nation[al]-state is a thing from the 2d half of 19th century. It is more likely that "they" became "traitors for the past 500 years" during 19th century.

dj wrote (View Post):

The only way to explain it...is that the hatred goes back so many generations, the young are bred to hate.  How can normal people commit genocide and treat women and children like that?  They have to be indoctrinated to hate to do such heinous war crimes and genocide.

I would also place that "hatred breeding" much closer to us - in the wwii, but it would take too long and would be too time consuming and complicate to go into "balkans' tribalism" (as I call it) right now.
About indoctrination. Yes, the Serbs were indoctrinated with the idea of the Greater Serbia since early 20th century, and in this last wave of that stupidity the Serbian Academy of Art and Science played a significant role in brainwashing of masses that would soon be fed to cannons. Read about their infamous Memorandum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorandum_of_the_Serbian_Academy_of_Sciences_and_Arts  ) or read the translation of the original document ( http://www.trepca.net/english/2006/serbian_memorandum_1986/serbia_memorandum_1986.html  ). When a supposed elite of a country is composed of low-life, no-good, dumb-ass, brainsick motherfuckers what can you expect?

Ratko Mladic is only a product of the Greater Serbian idea, additionaly brainwashed by a communist party (and army) who turned to the nationalism when his beloved Yugoslavia collapsed. If it wasn't him, there would be someone else to do it, and it (Sarajevo, Srebrenica and also Vukovar, Dubrovnik, Zadar etc.) would have happened with this or that crew in command, as long as Milosevic held power.

#9: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: FFL_KklinkkLocation: Austin, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:27 am
    —
Villain -

All sides have committed crimes agains humanity, some are investigated, others are not.

Why is Kosovan prime a "good guy"  ?  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11996255

#10: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: pagskier PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm
    —
Sorry for the time laps! I tought it was in 18th Century!

#11: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm
    —
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVeq_3t8b88

#12: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 am
    —

Hopefully it will be the last genocide in europe

And everywhere  Exclamation

#13: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: pagskier PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:57 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):

And everywhere  Exclamation

Well I don't dream yet, I was thinking of this in a more realistic way.

But yeah all around the world  Very Happy

#14: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:30 pm
    —
[quote="kawasaky";p="59738"]

dj wrote (View Post):

I would also place that "hatred breeding" much closer to us - in the wwii, but it would take too long and would be too time consuming and complicate to go into "balkans' tribalism" (as I call it) right now.
About indoctrination. Yes, the Serbs were indoctrinated with the idea of the Greater Serbia since early 20th century, and in this last wave of that stupidity the Serbian Academy of Art and Science played a significant role in brainwashing of masses that would soon be fed to cannons. Read about their infamous Memorandum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorandum_of_the_Serbian_Academy_of_Sciences_and_Arts  ) or read the translation of the original document ( http://www.trepca.net/english/2006/serbian_memorandum_1986/serbia_memorandum_1986.html  ). When a supposed elite of a country is composed of low-life, no-good, dumb-ass, brainsick motherfuckers what can you expect?

Ratko Mladic is only a product of the Greater Serbian idea, additionaly brainwashed by a communist party (and army) who turned to the nationalism when his beloved Yugoslavia collapsed. If it wasn't him, there would be someone else to do it, and it (Sarajevo, Srebrenica and also Vukovar, Dubrovnik, Zadar etc.) would have happened with this or that crew in command, as long as Milosevic held power.

If I am not mistaken much of the hatred was due to WW2 war crimes and atrocities.  There seemed to be a desire to extract revenge once Yugoslavia disintegrated.   Serbs obviously were very close to their Russian comrades - in terms of common religion, ethnicity and culture.  But the Croats, Bosnian Muslim and others collaborated with the Nazi's and went so far to volunteer in the SS.   Atrocities were committed by both sides in WW2 but the particularly cruel and violent actions led to a tradition of hate passed down by the generations.   The Serbs also got screwed over really bad by Austria-Hungary during WWI.  I had a co-worker that confessed to me his family was guilty of terrible war crimes by his Austrian family.  Psychologically Serbia was still barely starting to recover from WWI atrocities...then they suffered similar war crimes by the Nazi's and their Yugoslav rivals.  This gave them a sense of entitlement to get revenge.

#15: Re: Ratko Mladic Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 pm
    —
dj wrote (View Post):

If I am not mistaken much of the hatred was due to WW2 war crimes and atrocities.  There seemed to be a desire to extract revenge once Yugoslavia disintegrated.   Serbs obviously were very close to their Russian comrades - in terms of common religion, ethnicity and culture.  But the Croats, Bosnian Muslim and others collaborated with the Nazi's and went so far to volunteer in the SS.   Atrocities were committed by both sides in WW2 but the particularly cruel and violent actions led to a tradition of hate passed down by the generations.   The Serbs also got screwed over really bad by Austria-Hungary during WWI.  I had a co-worker that confessed to me his family was guilty of terrible war crimes by his Austrian family.  Psychologically Serbia was still barely starting to recover from WWI atrocities...then they suffered similar war crimes by the Nazi's and their Yugoslav rivals.  This gave them a sense of entitlement to get revenge.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8587

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1