Slightly off topic
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Slightly off topic Author: zon PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 am
    —
I've spent a lot of time on mods from CC2 to LSA over the years, but have recently spent some time with the Game Maker engine to put together a war board game emulator that I hope to get published for a tablet environment (though I could be completely delusional, since this is my first programming effort). Anyway, I was hoping that some wargamers frequenting CCS.net might be interested in taking this puppy for a test run. There is no AI, so you won't get much of a game solo, but I'm really looking for feedback on design, graphics, rules, etc. My intention from the start was to create a simple game without complex rules.

It's here: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/176143-battle-tactics

If interested, you can post here or send comments to cc2redux [at] hotmail [dot] com

#2: Re: Slightly off topic Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:54 am
    —
Looks Great Zon! Best of luck with your project.

#3: Re: Slightly off topic Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:33 pm
    —
What OS is required zon?

#4: Re: Slightly off topic Author: zon PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:32 pm
    —
At this point, PC.

Game Maker developers publish user content to the Ipad/pod OS. They are also planning to release a studio that allows creators to publish to just about any platform, including HTML 5.

#5: Re: Slightly off topic Author: zon PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 am
    —
I'm also interested in anyone's opinion on whether this sort of approach is a viable project. Would anyone play this?

#6: Re: Slightly off topic Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:31 am
    —
On ipad or iphone im sure lots of people would play it.

On pc there is too much competition out there already

#7: Re: Slightly off topic Author: zon PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:12 am
    —
Yep, the intention is to get this ported to the Ipad. That's my goal!

#8: Re: Slightly off topic Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 am
    —
Xbox Live has a growing number of smaller games available they call them "Xbox Live Arcade" members can buy them with microsoft points usually around 10-20 USD and then just dl them to their system. That's what Atomic did with BREACH. It may be a place to market this type of game for a huge audience.

#9: Re: Slightly off topic Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:50 am
    —
this one's good.....

#10: Re: Slightly off topic Author: CinCUKHQ PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 pm
    —
would love it if you could put in the android market  Very Happy

#11: Re: Slightly off topic Author: zon PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:36 am
    —
CinCUKHQ wrote (View Post):
would love it if you could put in the android market  Very Happy

It's a bit early to say it could happen, but I'd like to see that too.

#12: Re: Slightly off topic Author: zon PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:48 pm
    —
It would be great to hear from anyone who has a windows-based tablet on how this plays.

#13: Re: Slightly off topic Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:58 pm
    —
I've got an android 7" tablet and an android 4.3" phone.

#14: Re: Slightly off topic Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:38 am
    —
How is your new game coming along Zon?

It is quite an accomplishment for one of our own members make an original game and release it for the first time. Not only that, Colonel Zon has been a pillar of the CC modding community since 1997? I expect ever CCS member who reads this to go download Zon's game, register at that Yoyo site and give him a review. If everyone who ever thanked him in a readme gave his game a review he would have 200 by now.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1