matrix hoax email? this 4real???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 pm
    —
Today is supposedly the release date, although there is still nothing available on the matrix site. Anyone interested in starting a GC to test this sucka out?

#22: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: SLAAKMAN PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:44 pm
    —
I will!  Twisted Evil

#23: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:39 pm
    —
Great! I'll be around GR today. Fingers crossed Matrix actually stick to the date they stated for release (I'm ever so slightly skeptical...).

#24: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Lt_2nd PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 pm
    —
Looks like Matrix is trying to sucker in some more people into buying one of their games and making a big deal about fixing things that shouldn't have been f#%$ed up in the first place.

Look for the re-release of Atari Pong for only $59.95 with Mega Updates to Include:
- Improved Paddle/Ball Pathfinding - Paddle actually moves in direction where you told it too instead of in the opposite direction!
- Redesigned Game/Scoring - Game now records the points you scored instead of giving them to your opponent!
- New Features - Try and find mini Elvis somewhere hidden in the background!

Dont worry, if you already bought the Pong Rerelease you will be given these updates for FREE!

WTF

1972_pong.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.1 KB
 Viewed:  11101 Time(s)

1972_pong.jpg

#25: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 pm
    —
Sold!

#26: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:41 am
    —
Pong was the first computer war game. I played it 1977.  Shocked

#27: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:29 am
    —
I could never understand the strategy

#28: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 am
    —
Lt_2nd wrote (View Post):

WTF

Priceless!!!!  Where's Wally!

#29: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
I could never understand the strategy

You had to wait until Pong IV  when I came with a Strat Map!

#30: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:36 am
    —
It also sucks that Pong IV was fully editable either.
Still waiting for a proper WorkBook and Some stuff is still hard codded in the .EXE

#31: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 pm
    —
Looks like the new downloadable versions will come with all the patches installed, "These new “2.0” versions of Close Combat are expected to be available for sale on June 15th." Hopefully we can who paid for the 1.0 can download these 2.0's.

#32: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 pm
    —
Yeah, those that paid for the originals can download the 2.0 version. I assume it'll be a whole new game download rather than another patch. The rereleases are now being advertised at the slitherine website so I assume it won't be long before they're available at the matrix site too.

edit: just as I finishing writing the above the new versions became available. someone start a GC with me!

#33: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm
    —
Lt_2nd wrote (View Post):
Looks like Matrix is trying to sucker in some more people into buying one of their games and making a big deal about fixing things that shouldn't have been f#%$ed up in the first place.

Look for the re-release of Atari Pong for only $59.95 with Mega Updates to Include:
- Improved Paddle/Ball Pathfinding - Paddle actually moves in direction where you told it too instead of in the opposite direction!
- Redesigned Game/Scoring - Game now records the points you scored instead of giving them to your opponent!

Dont worry, if you already bought the Pong Rerelease you will be given these updates for FREE!

WTF

So true Laughing

#34: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 pm
    —
Just downloaded the patch for LSA from the Matrix Games members section and installed it. There is definitely an improvement noticeable. For example: I ordered a tank to move fast to a dirt road on the top right of a field. The tank is at the bottom of the field on a paved road. The field is bordered by paved road on 2 sides and on 1 side by the dirt road. The tank moves first along the paved road (turns left, turns right, turns right to the dirt road and drives straight to its destination. It moved straight along the roads and it just missed the exact turn into the dirt road by a few meters.
On the other hand though: when ordering to move fast in a straight line across 'dirt' to a position on a paved road it took the long road across paved road - at least 3 times longer than the shortcut across the dirt field.
Still, so far I am happy with this improvement.

#35: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 pm
    —
I suppose now is  the time to start using the "mod maker improvements" :?:

#36: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:42 pm
    —
No Clear Path !

#37: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:38 pm
    —
Looking at the forums for each version I see the new updates have generated...........

1 post for tLD
2 for WAR and
10 for LSA

No sense in me trying a new GC as my game was already updated to the current version (same as the new patch version) through the members only updates.
So nothing new to me and probably not to anyone else who visits here as I'm sure we all downloaded the updates as they came out.

#38: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:57 pm
    —
It is not clear to me yet what "those mod makers improvements" are.

#39: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 am
    —
I don't know guys, I am sure all of you will make it for the duration, but I am really starting to wonder about myself.  Laughing

It's not like I will be missed, when the door bangs me on the ass that is, but I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.  Laughing

These new releases mark a fantastic overall improvement to the gameplay of the Close Combat games and show the astonishing distance the series has come since its original form many years ago. Be sure to check out the video on YouTube and the preview article at The Wargamer to see what everyone is so excited about!

There’s never been a better time to get in on the famed Close Combat action, especially with our new $5 off promotion!

THATS RIGHT SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED, ACT NOW  Exclamation

Call in the next 30 minutes, and we will throw in the Ginsu steak knives for free  Exclamation

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, AT GREEN VALLEY RACEWAY ... Drasgters! Funny Cars! Close Combat Hoffa Hunt!

#40: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:06 am
    —
I'm really enjoying the GC's I've started. LSA is more fun than CC5.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3