Russian(Soviet) archival data
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: RyzLocation: Boston, MA PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 am
    —
Modders and Historians.

If anyone is looking for data on Soviet(and a little German) actions/statistics, for their mod or research, let me know.

I have good access to archival material. Most fall into one of these categories: combat journals(kept "live" in units), recon reports, statistical summaries, losses. Some armor specific material, like damage analysis on friendly/enemy tanks, tank test reports, etc.

I am looking forward to publishing this material. If you can help me use this date, perhaps analyzing it together with german sources, I am looking for that too.

David

Berlin1945 map18 partial.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.33 MB
 Viewed:  9521 Time(s)

Berlin1945 map18 partial.jpg

#2: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:12 am
    —
oh....this is very good in my research for my report.....

can you help me with this>>>

thank you very much.......

#3: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:40 am
    —
Hi Ryz,

Quote:
I have good access to archival material. Most fall into one of these categories: combat journals(kept "live" in units), recon reports, statistical summaries, losses. Some armor specific material, like damage analysis on friendly/enemy tanks, tank test reports, etc.

anything about Stalingrad?

#4: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:37 am
    —
Ryz, do you have anything on russian armor?? any data on it.......from pics to specs, usage on what campaign.......just what you said....the losses......anything..

thanks in advance!!

#5: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 am
    —
What exactly do you need?
I have some for Stalingrad, Kursk, Berlin, Budapest, etc Smile.

#6: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Therion PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:27 pm
    —
Do you have anything on effectiveness of fire of various weapons against infantry?

#7: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:32 pm
    —
No, IIRC Stalky had some data about that.

#8: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 am
    —
ahhh... I would like first from Kursk....at least I can start with that.....

#9: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:08 am
    —
Quote:
ahhh... I would like first from Kursk....at least I can start with that.....

specify what do you need

#10: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:14 am
    —
ahhh.....any data pertaining to Kursk.....you name it.....any data will do.....

i will start from this before i will move on to another......for years i wanted to learn about anything on the Russian front but the problem is that i don't have the material or the sources which are very reliable.......at least Ryz here has some valid and accurate ones....Smile

#11: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:55 pm
    —
No, mate, that's no way to do Smile.

First you need to get basic info about the battle you'd like to research and then search for the specific details.

There are some very good books in English about Kursk:
David Glantz "The battle of Kursk" - overall description of the battle, good to get correct overall picture.
Niklas Zetterling "Kursk 1943. A Statistical Analysis" - awesome details for the German side.
Steven Newton "Kursk - The German view" - excellent book, but first you need to have an overall picture of that battle.

Iam pretty sure you could find all them as e-versions for free.

You know, the correct question is a half of the good answer Smile.

#12: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 pm
    —
thank you very much....will find them on the net or in bookstores......

#13: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:02 pm
    —
ohh....by the way......do you have any data pertaining to the Battle of Prokhorovka??? I think this one is from Kursk??......

#14: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 pm
    —
Quote:
thank you very much....will find them on the net or in bookstores....

you are welcome.

when you have specific questions like "what did that unit have on that or this day" or "how and when was that M-3(lt) (yeah, Stuart Smile) KO", i will be glad to provide you with information Smile.

Example of some interesting data - PzVIE of M.Wittman (the future hero of V-B) was KO on June 7th, 1943 (IIRC) with 45mm APCR shell Smile.

#15: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 pm
    —
Quote:
ohh....by the way......do you have any data pertaining to the Battle of Prokhorovka??? I think this one is from Kursk??......

sure, mate, what exactly do you want to know? Smile

#16: Re: Russian(Soviet) archival data Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm
    —
Dima, do you have any data on the effectiveness of various weapons on the Kulak's?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1